PDA

View Full Version : fog lights

jspec civic
11-03-2008, 12:54 PM
i conneted my foglights on the weekend and as i turned it on the left fog started to smoke. I check it and one of the cable connect to the plug got burned. Can i fix it and what cause it?

thanks for your inputs....

omgzilla
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Where did you connect the power wire?

Are the foglights fused?

jspec civic
12-03-2008, 09:58 AM
The foglight is fused with its own fuse that came with the fogs and I think its fused under the fuse box ( I will check). Fcuk the other fog died out yesterday…please help..

latinstyle69
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Are they OEM fogs? for what civic are they for? I put in fogs for my EM1 last week, and my fuses starting blowing due to the ground wire. check your ground wires and possibly change em to a different and stable location. Also check where in the fuse box the wiring is connected in mine it had to connect second connection to the left. That way they turned on with the parker lights. Will post pics if u want. Plus mine weren't OEM so the harness was different but simple to install.

omgzilla
12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Check that you have your wires connected correctly (in the right position/terminal etc) and securely.

jspec civic
13-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Im sure I’ve connected correctly it worked but now all two fogs died…the cable near the connectors at the fog lights are burned, can these wires be replace?
The fog lights where bought from US

omgzilla
13-03-2008, 05:24 PM
How thick are the wires?

Possibly the wires are too small to handle the load put on them by the lights?

What brand lights are they?

Killa From Manila
13-03-2008, 06:05 PM
sounds like u got a dead short somwhere..check every connection and make sure u didnt get the cables mixed up

jspec civic
14-03-2008, 08:25 AM
i bought this fogs from ebay...from uS hmmm the cables are really small...

Killa From Manila
15-03-2008, 09:21 AM
are they depo foglights?? ive got them n they r fine..but my friend got depo ones for his eg and they caught fire too

omgzilla
15-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm going to buy the Depo ones for my EK jimmy (like yours)... now i'm a bit worried :|

Killa From Manila
16-03-2008, 12:27 AM
lol mine r fine..cable is big enough. if it wasnt the fuse wud have blown. there must be a short somwhere, mixed wiring or a bad connection somwhere with very high resistance to cause it to burn :S:S

omgzilla
16-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Are wires on the the EG ones from Depo not big enough?

What caused your friends Depo ones to burn?

jspec civic
17-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I mates one didnt burn the bulb just died...i think only side..

Killa From Manila
17-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Are wires on the the EG ones from Depo not big enough?

What caused your friends Depo ones to burn?

i dont know, i saw his cables and it looks exactly the same as the EK ones. they just give u a different fog light switch and lights.

jspec civic
18-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Update..i ‘d checked the wirings last night and everything seems to be connected correctly. The cable were so hot that it melted the fuse that came with the fogs.. if I replace the fcuked up cables with a large cable and hopefully nothing is wrong with the fogs it self will this work?

omgzilla
18-03-2008, 06:45 PM
If you are certain that there are isn't a short-circuit or bad connection, then you could try using thicker gauge wire.

Just make sure you use another fuse!

What brand lights are they? Have you contacted the place you bought them from?

jspec civic
19-03-2008, 09:12 AM
I bought it from ebay…got them for a while now..

I will double check the connections and re-wire these burned cables…

Thanks guys…

I will get back to you all…