PDA

View Full Version : tein ss damper adjusting

simonnowis
11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
want to confirm,
the dampers on my tein ss coilovers from left to right have a total of 28-29clicks,
from which way left or right is the 16lvl damper adjust?
why are there the extra click?
my instruction manual is in jap, and cant seem to find an english one.
tried a link that was on ozhonda but didnt work.

ekdez
11-03-2008, 09:43 PM
maybe half 29.. so say 15.. then 8 either side??? i dunno when i got mine installed at the shop the guy said all the way to the left was the lowest.. and 16 clicks to the right was the "reccomended" section.. and i shouldnt go outside them.

my manual said that 16 clicks thing but it never told me which clicks.. and i never understood it.. but i must admit.. i put it all the way to the left and it was too soft and front bar and exhaust was bouncing into the ground.. and then i put it all the way to the right and its fine...

i know it says only use the things within those 16 settings but seriously u cant go too wrong if your all the way from the right.. your not putting the coils to that much stress and strain that its going to matter really.. and all the way to the right is still soft. just dont be a pussy about it

ekdez
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
ps. yeah i got liek 30 clicks.

simonnowis
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
yeh i know left is soft and right is hard, but dont get from which direction the 16lvl damper adjust is, i heard its from the hardest down, and also that it can damage ur damper if its not in the 16lvls.
is this true?

ekdez
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
i suppose they say it for a reason.. but tbh if its just a daily i dont think it will matter that much. from what ive been told by some people on this forums is that u work from hardest back.. so hardest "click30" will be "click16 in reccomended" and so on.. i think someone with tein flex said that b4.. use the search button..

IEVAQ8
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
if you turn the clicks clock wise all the way that is the stiffest setting.
from the stiffest setting you have 16 clicks anti clock wise which is the soiftest setting, dont go past this setting otherwise you will wqreck the valving.

have fun

simonnowis
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
thanks much appreciated all the info