PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio installation Quote

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi guys, i got a quotation from Lifestyle store for complete installation of car audio, and they quote me for $2400 for standard package and $3400 for extreme package and all the parts is supplied by me, am i getting ripped off?

the parts i have as follow,

1 x 460Watt 4Ch Soundstream Amplifier
1 x 600Watt 2Ch Soundstream Amplifier
1 x 12" Soundstream Subwoofer
1 x Pair of 6.5" Soundstream Splits with crossover
1 x 6.5" Soundstream Rear Speaker
1 x Capacitor

i ran the cable from headunit to the boot, but i still need to get distribution block + power cable for amps and they charge me $2400 for installation of front and rear speaker and standard Subwoofer Box in the boot and display 460Watt Amplifier on top of spare tyre and you still get access to spare tyre and the rest of the parts are mounted behind the back seat.

and for the $3400 they going to mount the front speaker and rear speaker abit outside so they can install the spider grill on all of four speakers and they going to install the amps floating on the boot with custom subwoofer and display the caps and crossover. they will also change the rca cables.

just wondering whether they overcharge me or not.... please advise.

tron07
12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
shop around, compare quotes, check their installation work or listen to their cars....

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
shop around, compare quotes, check their installation work or listen to their cars....

thnx for your reply mate, the only problem is I'm working 6 days ha ha so i don't have time to shop around :( that's why i post this question :)

arverson
12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
thought you were asking if the package for the GEAR is reasonable but you're asking for installation quotes..

your decriptions are kinda vague so i dont even wanna begin to say if its a good price or not. and the image i get from your descriptions might be totally different to yours..

best best is to have lifestyle draw or get pictures similar to what you want, take those pix to other installers and get more quotes. it really depends how complicated the install is, what methods they use, etc etc.. and i dont work for lifestyle so i wouldnt know if THEIR price is any good :)

$2400 for a standard speaker+sub installation and a amp display box? must be a damn complicated box to build...

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 10:28 AM
thought you were asking if the package for the GEAR is reasonable but you're asking for installation quotes..

your decriptions are kinda vague so i dont even wanna begin to say if its a good price or not. and the image i get from your descriptions might be totally different to yours..

best best is to have lifestyle draw or get pictures similar to what you want, take those pix to other installers and get more quotes. it really depends how complicated the install is, what methods they use, etc etc.. and i dont work for lifestyle so i wouldn't know if THEIR price is any good :)

$2400 for a standard speaker+sub installation and a amp display box? must be a damn complicated box to build...

$2400 for
1. Installation Front and Rear Speaker (they need to put Spacer on front and Rear speaker to mount the fit the speaker in)
2. Installation of Sub woofer enclosure inside the boot.
3. Installation of 1 amplifier width 46Cm(they going to build display box so the amp is visible)
4. Installation of 1 amplifier width 65Cm (they going to mount this amp at the back seat)
5. Installation of Capacitor and Crossover (they going to mount this at the back seat as well)

i just want to know how much roughly does it cost for standard installation for the following specs. because this is my first time and i don't know a price roughly for just standard installation carry by professionals installer, my car is honda Civic VTI 4D Sedan.

arverson
12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
hmmm everything but the amp display box seems standard.

it depends on how complicated it is to prepare & contruct the box, what materials they use, the methods (sanding/painting/fibreglassing/etc), the time it needs...

so i cant really say if its a decent price.

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
hmmm everything but the amp display box seems standard.

it depends on how complicated it is to prepare & contruct the box, what materials they use, the methods (sanding/painting/fibreglassing/etc), the time it needs...

so i cant really say if its a decent price.

fair enough mate, they using just a normal MDF with carpet for $2400 and they are going to use MDF + Vinyl for $3400, for $2400 it will take 4 days, and $3400 it will take 5-6 days, just dont want to get rip off by them :)

tron07
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
carpet and vinyl cost 1k different?? :O

then without carpet it should be less then 2k... then go carpet it yourself adn save the money

arverson
12-03-2008, 11:14 AM
hahahaha. thats is all

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 11:37 AM
carpet and vinyl cost 1k different?? :O

then without carpet it should be less then 2k... then go carpet it yourself adn save the money

well i already mentioned on the first post the different between $3400 and $2400 package..

VTECACCORD
12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Man 3400 for an install ???? Thats nuts

Contact FHRX, he is well known for awesome custom jobs, and I'm sure it wont come in at 3 grand

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Man 3400 for an install ???? Thats nuts

Contact FHRX, he is well known for awesome custom jobs, and I'm sure it wont come in at 3 grand

after negotiation and they come up with $2900.. FHRX is fully book until mid april T_T

VTECACCORD
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I would wait for FHRX, heard nothing but good reviews about him.

Besides think about it, why is he fully booked ????????? Because he's goooood

aka_NSX
12-03-2008, 02:57 PM
PM ICACHA or

you can contact him @

Precission Car Audio Engineering
66 Planthurst Rd Carlton NSW 2218
ph: (02) 9547 0350

ICACHA
12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks Laski, should come past and we'll have a coffee, but I'm booked into April also :(

mr İharisma
12-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks Laski, should come past and we'll have a coffee, but I'm booked into April also :(

cant help having a quality rep.

Dude I would wait for FHRX or Precision to free up. I got my sub box done by Marty @ FHRX and it is great. Georgy and Paul seem like OK blokes as well at Precision... :D

vlixcool
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
thnx for the infos guys really appreaciate. :)

ICACHA
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
cant help having a quality rep.

Dude I would wait for FHRX or Precision to free up. I got my sub box done by Marty @ FHRX and it is great. Georgy and Paul seem like OK blokes as well at Precision... :D

I might need to bend you over my knee one day and give you a smack :angel:

liman
13-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Damn, maybe I should move to Sydney -_-"

mr İharisma
13-03-2008, 09:15 AM
I might need to bend you over my knee one day and give you a smack :angel:

lol don't worry IF that day comes ill make sure I shave :o

ICACHA
13-03-2008, 04:21 PM
so you're the one that supplies all the VELCO companies LMAO

mr İharisma
13-03-2008, 06:47 PM
so you're the one that supplies all the VELCO companies LMAO

lol next time you velcro something down you will think of me and my a$$, :zip:

bit of a worry!! ;)

STOCK
13-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Similar to what your asking my mate paid $1500ish install only from Fairfield Car Radio, top install and sounds great.

vlixcool
13-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Similar to what your asking my mate paid $1500ish install only from Fairfield Car Radio, top install and sounds great.

ok cool well they said its gonna be extreme, so in the and i paid $2900 for just installation which is take 5 days to finnish everything up.

r-r-redEuro
13-03-2008, 11:35 PM
if your in sydney should of checked out Platinum somewhere on Victoria road out west my friend got his system done there and honestly say its great. also that black s2000 on the auto salon magazine Xs2k got it done there as well. should of checked them out =)

dmx
15-03-2008, 12:39 PM
if u want nice set up = high price
just normal set up = normal price
or just under seat amp --> cheaper.
and the point now is u have 2 amps, if u got only 1 amp 6 ch, much more easier for u to DIY, less risk to get storing noise.
just shop around mate

integraz
15-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Also look at Doran pro audio, they deal with Soundstream [if that is what you want]

Personally, the only places I will go are Doran, FHRX and Precision, for quality installs.

Vinnie
15-03-2008, 07:07 PM
amps under the seats doesent make a job much cheaper, when u pay more its generally for quality workmanship and knowing that everything has been done properly the first time. u just need to make sure that if you are paying a little bit extra for peace of mind that it actually is a good installer and not an average one trying to charge premium prices :)

vlixcool
15-03-2008, 07:27 PM
amps under the seats doesent make a job much cheaper, when u pay more its generally for quality workmanship and knowing that everything has been done properly the first time. u just need to make sure that if you are paying a little bit extra for peace of mind that it actually is a good installer and not an average one trying to charge premium prices :)

fair enough :) well said

r-r-redEuro
15-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Also look at Doran pro audio, they deal with Soundstream [if that is what you want]

Personally, the only places I will go are Doran, FHRX and Precision, for quality installs.

go to platinum 07 auto salon they went home with 7 awards, 4 of those awards came from a black civic and a black s2k both best friends and the black civic is a mate of mine quality job. i spoke to him yesterday about doran, he goes yeh they are alrightt... but nothing compared to platinum =)

iced
15-03-2008, 09:36 PM
full house install takes a good few days at least. at least 1.5 days from the many systems ive put together. if you add a hand the hours spent on install will go down obviously.
you just need to add a sound deadneing job in the front doors and that will knock off a full day of labour to say the least.
deck, splits, 1-2 amps, wiring, custom spacers were required.
not just a dodgy we will just 2 screw instead of 4 and bodgey it on the stock speaker spacer.

you can only supply all the equipment but not everything required for an install.
some people will charge cheap and do a good job especially if they are working for themselves. say $500 give or take depending on car etc.

otherwise a top notch mob such as precision or fhrx will charge at least 1-2g on labour depending on car and the hours required for the caliber of install.

funkdr
15-03-2008, 11:42 PM
From memory FHRX and Precision didnt have any installs in auto salon. There are some really really nice install out there but they dont go to shows like auto salon.

And +1 for FHRX my car was done there in stages over the last 2 years

mr İharisma
16-03-2008, 10:59 AM
From memory FHRX and Precision didnt have any installs in auto salon. There are some really really nice install out there but they dont go to shows like auto salon.

When you know your good, why prove it.... :p

iced
16-03-2008, 01:09 PM

they dont need to win autosalon
they just munch them in SQ competition.
thats not to say they arent capable of building showy installs

ICACHA
16-03-2008, 06:41 PM
we dont need plastic trophies for our customers to appreciate what we can do to their rides :) http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=210175&view=findpost&p=3719610

dmx
17-03-2008, 04:50 PM

under front seats will be cheaper as there is no customization, and the length of the power cable together with the RCA cables required will be shorter as well, thus the cost for the cables will be cheaper as well. If boot installation with some kind of customization to mount the amplifier, then there will be extra cost.

Vinnie
17-03-2008, 05:27 PM
under front seats will be cheaper as there is no customization, and the length of the power cable together with the RCA cables required will be shorter as well, thus the cost for the cables will be cheaper as well. If boot installation with some kind of customization to mount the amplifier, then there will be extra cost.

well clearly if you are refering to a customized setup that includes fabrication then the cost will be higher. the cost of cabling etc will be minimal and its not exactly a very accessable location so that makes it more difficult than mounting the amp on the sub box or on the boot floor. only a relatively small number of amps are small enough to fit under seats anyway so usually it doesent matter.

kelvin00010001
24-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Wowo ~... 2400$ for audio ~

JaCe
29-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Remember to post pix when done :)

vlixcool
29-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Remember to post pix when done :)

its done mate will post some pictures soon :)

bloodsword27
29-03-2008, 11:16 PM
hey man take it down to jb, i'll make sure the installer in livo takes care of ya :) i mean i cant see the install being more than $600 tops (need to confirm prices for install on the cap though. if you want to go full custom install we have someone to take care of that as well ;) let me know if u need a hand