PDA

View Full Version : Rear spoiler

Ilia
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey guys

I have just bought a Euro 06 luxury, black... love it to death and was so envoius of all you guys...

my only problem with it was the rear spoiler, i have taken it off and stored it away (possibly to sell etc) but am left with all the holes... went to the crash repairer and he told me that to weld them up is a lot of trouble and he was worried about the metal warping

I guess there are other options (eg. find a second hand boot lid, buy a new boot lid $$$, or go get more quotes or other opinioons)

I realise i am only new to the site, but your help would be greatly appreciated, has there been others in the same situation?

tony1234
13-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey guys

I have just bought a Euro 06 luxury, black... love it to death and was so envoius of all you guys...

my only problem with it was the rear spoiler, i have taken it off and stored it away (possibly to sell etc) but am left with all the holes... went to the crash repairer and he told me that to weld them up is a lot of trouble and he was worried about the metal warping

I guess there are other options (eg. find a second hand boot lid, buy a new boot lid $$$, or go get more quotes or other opinioons)

I realise i am only new to the site, but your help would be greatly appreciated, has there been others in the same situation?
Sounds like it's not worth the trouble.The rear spoiler looks OK.i suggest you leave it.BTW i've got the same car as you,is yours a manual?

95civic
13-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Just find some plugs to put in the holes for the time being. Shouldn't be too noticable and it is a really cheap fix. (You could even paint them). Im assuming places like Clark Rubber will sell things that fit.

Ilia
13-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Its an automatic...

haha the trials and triubulations, i realised black was hard to keep clean, but 3 days in im realising hpow hard!!!!

Thanks for you opinions/ advice guys

Crapdaz
13-03-2008, 12:46 PM
black and white are the biggest pains in the asses to clean when it comes down to it.

Should be able to puddy it up and repaint. Best option either put the spoiler back on or replace with a carbon fibre boot lid.

tron07
13-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I had a white car once... and its not that hard to keep it clean. Black is harder and all the swirls and scratch marks shows clearly

EUR003act
13-03-2008, 06:15 PM
TA-DA!~!!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78251&highlight=my07+boot