View Full Version : Air Intake system for a MY06 Euro

Mike Star
13-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi guys do you think the air Intake system would be suitable for a MY06 Euro
See e-Bay Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280206730841

aaronng
13-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Ask him if it fits the Acura TSX. If it does, then it fits our Euro.

tony1234
13-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Mike get an Icebox(approx.AU$270 to your door) and get a K&N filter, don't worry about that Ebay stuff.You'll be happy with the power increase and minimal increase in noise.

r-r-redEuro
13-03-2008, 12:49 PM
TONY HI, what intake set up are you running ?

i want an icebox, but the mugen one is so expensive, at first i wanted a CAI but then because i do 100% city driving i lose alot at low end which is mostly what i use daily.

so what intake setup are you doing it sounds pretty good and worth the money ?

J's racing SRI intake was one of my choices as well but thats like $$$. my pockets are that deep atm lol

Crapdaz
13-03-2008, 12:56 PM
in my opinion if you do alot of driving in the city etc than either go icebox (for quite and stealth) or CAI (quite until more throttle).

As i had AEM SRI before but i thought it was really sluggish due to heatsoak but alas people say it should make a difference cause of shorter piping but i felt it lacked power as i do a fair bit of city driving, and converted into CAI and felt better response compared to SRI.

Regards, Daz

r-r-redEuro
13-03-2008, 01:04 PM
in my opinion if you do alot of driving in the city etc than either go icebox (for quite and stealth) or CAI (quite until more throttle).

As i had AEM SRI before but i thought it was really sluggish due to heatsoak but alas people say it should make a difference cause of shorter piping but i felt it lacked power as i do a fair bit of city driving, and converted into CAI and felt better response compared to SRI.

Regards, Daz

its jsut i heard alot of about CAI's losing low end, and in city driving thats all you do barely reach over 5000rpm,

especially when i go to college in parra during traffic conditions lol. the Icebox.

ive heard has response through out the rev range,

and the J's racing SRI has a feeding pipe to it for the extra cold air outisde the bonnet.

aaronng
13-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Icebox is made by Comptech.

I have used an exposed pod before and I can say that all I gained was sound and not much more.....

Crapdaz
13-03-2008, 01:38 PM

I have used an exposed pod before and I can say that all I gained was sound and not much more.....

Aaronng - does that include the CAI? Cause SRI has minimal improvement to stock but sound IMO but CAI i can feel better response by a bit dont know about icebox but from hearing all you guys who have it, it does have good performance throughout the rev range.

r-r-redEuro
13-03-2008, 01:40 PM

what about the mugen airbox ? is it as good or better then the comptech icebox ?

aaronng
13-03-2008, 01:49 PM
what about the mugen airbox ? is it as good or better then the comptech icebox ?
If you look at it from a kw/dollar, of course the Comptech wins. I'd rather spend $300 on the comptech and put the remaining $700 into something else.

aaronng
13-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Aaronng - does that include the CAI? Cause SRI has minimal improvement to stock but sound IMO but CAI i can feel better response by a bit dont know about icebox but from hearing all you guys who have it, it does have good performance throughout the rev range.

There was one guy from tsx.acurazine.com who dynotested the Comptech Icebox and Injen CAI. If I remember correctly, the Icebox had better low end and top end, while the Injen CAI had better mid range. There difference was very small though.

tony1234
13-03-2008, 03:56 PM
There was one guy from tsx.acurazine.com who dynotested the Comptech Icebox and Injen CAI. If I remember correctly, the Icebox had better low end and top end, while the Injen CAI had better mid range. There difference was very small though.
Yeah i remember reading that.That's why i went for the Icebox.you're right,the mid to high difference between the two was minimal.I'm running a K&N filter on mine,not sure what it's like with the foam filter they supply with the Icebox,never tried it.

Mike Star
13-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah i remember reading that.That's why i went for the Icebox.you're right,the mid to high difference between the two was minimal.I'm running a K&N filter on mine,not sure what it's like with the foam filter they supply with the Icebox,never tried it.

Hi Tony,
Are there any Warranty issues using these aftermarket Intake Systems like the IceBox etc?

r-r-redEuro
13-03-2008, 04:50 PM
yeah there will be, its honda they cant find some stupid excuse and say the engine malfunctioned due to the after market part of the intake.

tony1234
13-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Tony,
Are there any Warranty issues using these aftermarket Intake Systems like the IceBox etc?
I've never had any warranty issues with any of the last 3 cars i've modded with I/H/E etc.In saying that the Icebox looks almost stock from under the bonnet.I'm sure most people wouldn't even notice it which is good.:thumbsup: