PDA

View Full Version : how are kumho tyres?

ej20i
13-03-2008, 12:42 PM
im gettin new rims from tempe and they giving kumho tyres...how are they?

LD_Mart
13-03-2008, 02:52 PM
im gettin new rims from tempe and they giving kumho tyres...how are they?

if they are excatsy then they are soft compound tyres...
which are good for racing but just general use they are crap cause they loose tread so quickly. i use to have them thats how i know.

better of going with a cheaper hard compound tyre which will last longer.

but then again im not really a pro this is just what a friends dad told me.

Limbo
13-03-2008, 03:42 PM
depends on which one you get but they aren't generally bad. They are softer compound, better for driving but no so good for wear

55EXX
13-03-2008, 10:18 PM
i found them to be great in the wet as well as quiet and dry performance was good. yes they are a soft silca rubber so they do wear quick. having experinced both the 712 and spt in 215/35/18 size they are both great and i would buy them again. the spt is better in my opinion. quieter but similar performance. my camber killed both pretty quick on a 18" rim with toe in on the rear and toe out on the front but thats expected.

ej20i
13-03-2008, 11:03 PM
thanks for all the input guys
i'll be purchasing it tomorow.
its a 215/45/17
hopefully it will do me good

outatime
14-03-2008, 11:43 AM
thanks for all the input guys
i'll be purchasing it tomorow.
its a 215/45/17
hopefully it will do me good

what model are you purchasing? make sure to get the ku31 or ku25..

i got the ku25 for 113 each. it's soft especially when your car is on coilovers. it makes your ride more comfy. i thought there was something wrong with my coilovers but when i had those tyres they did make a difference on the ride comfort and handling. it's also got a good grip on wet and dry weather. so yeah i suggest you get those.

for more info have a look here:

http://www.kumho.com.au/product_high_performance_economic.htm
http://www.kumho.com.au/product_high_performance_premium.htm

iced
14-03-2008, 12:26 PM
spt ku31 is the one to go for.
awesome grip for the price
in a european tyre test similar to wheels magazine they rated higher than dunlop sp maxx and yoko S-drive.

aaronng
14-03-2008, 01:22 PM
if they are excatsy then they are soft compound tyres...
which are good for racing but just general use they are crap cause they loose tread so quickly. i use to have them thats how i know.

better of going with a cheaper hard compound tyre which will last longer.

but then again im not really a pro this is just what a friends dad told me.
Depends what you want to use it for. For sedate daily driving (probably what your friend's dad does), a harder compound is better since you are always below the limit of the tyre grip and it lasts longer. But if you like to push it hard everytime you drive, a medium compound can last longer than a hard compound if you are sliding on the hard compound all the time. That was my experience. I wore out hard tyres with 4mm thread on the track in just 1 day, but my soft tyres with 1.5mm thread didn't change much when I used them because I was not sliding around and tearing chunks off the tyre.

dmx
14-03-2008, 06:02 PM
not good mate, noisy !!!

55EXX
15-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Spt Ftw

dynosaur
15-03-2008, 10:54 PM
it is just depends on what purpose the user use for...

economy--> hard compound tyres ( cheap tyres ) --> for daily use..

performence--> soft compound tyres ( g$$d tyres ) --> for training urself use