PDA

View Full Version : obx turbo manifold

53XDJ
13-03-2008, 02:41 PM
i'm looking at the obx turbular style turbo manifold (found on ebay). i've read a review and they're not bad. they actually have a lifetime warranty.

i'm thinking of wrapping in the heat wrapping as well.

whats your opionion on this product/brand? anybody purchased this before?

Limbo
13-03-2008, 03:06 PM
dunno much about that product but heat wrapping a turbo manifold, your gonna be asking for trouble. They get too hot and will likely crack, doesn't matter what turbo header you have

DLO01
13-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Not sure on thier recent products, but their old products used to be crap.

dsp26
13-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Not sure on thier recent products, but their old products used to be crap.

Surprisingly they've been getting awards at SEMA.

your right aobut their old products though.... but these days they copy entire product ranges and spend money on better materials than the original designer...

perfect example are their B-Series camshafts... exact replicas of Skunk2 but use Chromoly instead

53XDJ
13-03-2008, 05:21 PM
so heat wrapping is bad on a manifold? oops.
i just didn't want extra heat in the engine bay.

heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-TURBO-MANIFOLD-HEADER-ACCORD-PRELUDE-F22-H23_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ024QQitem Z370029891194QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

its more expensive than the cast iron log style manifolds.

spardikis
17-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Surprisingly they've been getting awards at SEMA.

your right aobut their old products though.... but these days they copy entire product ranges and spend money on better materials than the original designer...

perfect example are their B-Series camshafts... exact replicas of Skunk2 but use Chromoly instead

is there a differance in material for cams?

dsp26
17-03-2008, 07:38 AM
is there a differance in material for cams?

yep... skunk2 use oem blanks... OBX copied all three street stage profiles but using Chromoly Steel which is stronger/lighter (used for light flywheels) and still costs less as they don't pay for R&D... just copy...

I know it's off-topic but trust me their material quality is high now.. started from humble beginnings like all the major brands... UNLIKE the SSAC stuff....