PDA

View Full Version : Demo Car Delivery Time?

allophylus
13-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Just got a deal off a local Honda dealer in Perth last week. When I signed the vehicle sales contract the salesman insisted to put in the delivery time as "ASAP". Today is the 5th working day and I am still waiting.

I believe it is reasonable for the dealers to get the car clean up, service if required, do all the paper works, etc etc. However, just wondering how long would you expect the car to be delivered for a demo car. I recall the last time I bought my existing car from an AHG dealer it took only 3 days including new windows tinting. Maybe I am just being impatient. :p

m0nty ITR
13-03-2008, 04:19 PM
ASAP is not a date. The contract isn't complete. It's must show a date as you are required to pick the car up in 7 days from it being ready, as the dealer is also obligated to deliver the car 30 days from the delivery date, no later. If either party is in breach of those terms the contract is null and void and either party can take action against the other.

Since 30 days from ASAP does not exist they cannot be held to it, nor can you.

At our dealership we specify 48 hours turn around unless accessories and options are fitted. Then it's 96 hours unless we say otherwise. More often than not we play around with this if the customer wants the car sooner and we have the ability to do so. Hope that helps.

allophylus
13-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks m0nty. Just call the salesman. He got back and said the car will be ready to pick up Monday. So despite the fact that it takes a few more days but I guess it is not too bad still. Thanks again for the info.