PDA

View Full Version : should i get this crx?

Pisty
01-09-2004, 12:09 PM
hi, i have been looking at crx's for some time now and am considering this one. wouldn't mind getting some opinions first. be honest as possible.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=151627&current_rec=1&total_rec=7&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=344&keyword=vtec&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

for the lazy, here is the description:
Definetly one of the best CRX's in Australia. Nothing overlooked, in showroom condition with absolutely everything covered. Full Custom Cyber Series II Bodykit sprayed in Candy Green with Gold pearl, Full custom white leather interior (even the floor), Momo Street Racer Bucket seats (retrimmed in white leather), momo steering wheel/gearknob, 3 Autometer Tachos (including Monster tacho) M3 side mirrors, BMW Halo Projectors, $7000 worth of stereo equipment (12 speaker system with 3 amps), genuine Enkei G-zero 18" chrome rims in Nitto/Faulken rubber, 2001 B16A2 VTEC conversion (Less than 50,000K done on the engine -the body has done 168,000) managed by Microtech MT8 computer, with custom 2.75" exhaust through to twin 4" tips with K&N air filter. New Gearbox, clutch & heavy duty battery installed recently. Too much more to mention. Must see. Genuine buyers only - no joyriders. Price is Negotiable!*

he has offered to take 17,000 for it and has put about 20k worth of mods on it

[[d a n n y]]
01-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Mate Question is Why do u want to get it?
personally i think it's too much..
the paint job the interior

but at the end of the day..
if u like it..then get it..
but me?
i wouldnt take it even if sum1 offered me money to take it

[ slayer ]
01-09-2004, 02:04 PM
omg, i didnt know he had put that up for sale,, i personally love this crx as was one of the first i ever saw... go for it :)

ps. then removed the spoiler LOL

Pisty
01-09-2004, 02:13 PM
interesting, personally i like it but don't want to be driving around with people dissing me. so far most people are black or white with this car, even here.

ECU-MAN
01-09-2004, 02:39 PM
if you did buy it would you drive it daily or just on weekends,
looks like a car I would only cruse on weekends. ( thats if I would even cruse it :) )

MRJDM
01-09-2004, 03:05 PM
if you a car enthusiast, and i think you are i would suggest you buy it. dont you wanna buy a car and put you own touch on the car. if you buy that you will by driving someone elses project. but it up to you in the end

trd_rolla
01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Definetly one of the best CRX's in Australia

Ummm... sorry but would definitely have to disagree. The kit looks shit esp, that wing and the stainless rods. Those light covers look crap, the exhaust set up looks crap and in the general the car is way overdone :S The only half decent things are the interior and paint, but even then...

I personally think that you could find something a lot better for that price. I love those CRXs, except too many have been overdone IMO. Simple and smooth looks the best. Maybe start your own project??

TRD Rolla

Weq
01-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Ummm... sorry but would definitely have to disagree. The kit looks shit esp, that wing and the stainless rods. Those light covers look crap, the exhaust set up looks crap and in the general the car is way overdone :S The only half decent things are the interior and paint, but even then...

I personally think that you could find something a lot better for that price. I love those CRXs, except too many have been overdone IMO. Simple and smooth looks the best. Maybe start your own project??

TRD Rolla

i love the interior (maybe better if it was velvet, i hate leather smell :P)
but the rest of the car isnt my taste, and espically its worth the money his asking..

so what if he spent 20k on it, u never get ur money back on mods!

Pisty
01-09-2004, 04:16 PM
hmm so thumbs down.......what do you guys think its worth then

fried
01-09-2004, 04:19 PM
2001 b16a2? which car did this come off?

i KNOW im probably wrong here, but i was not aware that there were any b16a's after the em1, which i thought finished production in 2000 or there abouts? again, correct me if im wrong.

2.75" zorst? enough said. even if it is managed by an aftermarket computer.

the kit and paint job? lol.

if u want a head turner (whether good or bad, this will turn heads) then go for it. but from what i can see, everything on this car - apart form the b16a (which im not even sure is correct information) - seems to be for show.

IMHO.

good luck!

Da1nONLY
01-09-2004, 04:37 PM
add a few more grands on top and get a DC2r :p

Pisty
01-09-2004, 04:38 PM
he said it came off a civic but the last guy he bought it off just told him it was b16a2. no real proof so i assume its older.

i do not want to much unwanted attention, just something that is a little unique.

as for show it WAS a show car. but that is not the main purpose i want to use it for. i will be cruzing on saturday/sunday and driving to school twice a week. if i get keyed i will farken explode since this is all my money.

so if i was to get it what would you recomend i do to tone it down? cut off double wing to have just the bobtail remaining?

does anybody know any good crx's going round with vtec?

fried
01-09-2004, 04:44 PM
oh no... vteck yo syndrone

sorry, im going to prudent here, forgive me, but uve asked.

u want something unique? imo, the color is gross (i hate green cars) but its unique so u can keep that. take off the wing. get new dark colored interior - even stock, sell the gzeros, have 1 -thats ONE- muffler.... and thats a good start.

u want to be unique, keep it closer to stock. every tom dick and harry, bazza, shazza, and mohammed, has these mods. "unique" has been played out imo. nowadays "unique" is just like everyone else :thumbdwn:

so i suggest, think about what u really want, and make it happen. its your car. do what makes u happy! :cool:

EG4
01-09-2004, 04:50 PM
If you like being paranoid then buy the car.

Most show car owners get paranoid when they're 2 metres away from their car.

If your a poor student ur probably better off getting sumthing less extreme, as any damage to the car would blast a pretty big hole in ur bank bal.

Overall i wouldn't buy it, doesn't appeal to me.

2ds
01-09-2004, 04:50 PM
i dunno if g is still selling his car but he had quite a good condition gen 2 with a b16a in it (he was having trouble selling because he lived in canberra)

also it's highly doubtfull he has a 2001 engine in there justbecause you need a cable clutch for that car not a hydro. and i don't think anyone could be bothered converting that. well... then again

-=2ds

Pisty
01-09-2004, 05:08 PM
shiz bang, i guess i see you point. i luv crx's and guess this one is overdone. dang i wish this style would be in

Perry
01-09-2004, 07:25 PM
i like the car but ask urself do you rather like doing a car up urself or rather buy1 done which is done up already???

Setanta
01-09-2004, 07:58 PM
There are so many nicer looking 2G CRXs. That one to me screams rice big time. I have a feeling there's a 747 looking for its missing wing right now.

Ever heard the term "making a sow's ear from a silk purse"? That thing puts a sow's ear to shame. :(

17,000? What a waste... for a few grand more get a EM1 VTiR Civic Coupe. Or find a car that hasn't been beaten by the ugly stick.

If you want a 2G CRX (and I can understand you wanting one) , get a better looking one for half that price and then do a few subtle mods that don't detract from its look. You may stand a chance of getting your money back when you decide to sell.

JEMBON
01-09-2004, 08:13 PM
get a del sol crx thats already got a few things done to it

soon2b300hp
01-09-2004, 08:13 PM
too much money for a car that is 15 years old... and ask ur self y after spening 40gs on a car would u sell it..... i think i have to say no i would not buy it. not even for 10k personally i would get a 96-97 ek4 vtir civic but thats my taste... u could by the newer CRX for about 15k and spend the rest on mods.... have u asked about insurance??? (that would be the first thing i would ask) and if i spent 40gs on my car... i would not park it at school so every other jelous prick could key it... but if i saw that car parked in the street i would bye a car cover and put it on it so no one else had to be blinded by the crewl treatment that it has had :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :( :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

z3lda
01-09-2004, 08:16 PM
white leather seats and floors?...what happens when its rainin and ur drenched in water.
what happens if there's a speed hump in front of you.
think about the cons when buying show car not just the pro's
and since ur a student im sare that this is gonna be the onli source of transport for you.?

bubblecivic
01-09-2004, 09:02 PM
u know wat? buy a cheap one for around 9-10 in an alright condition and put a typer r engine and it will fly pass any turbo street performance upgrade PLUS plenty of money left over for cosmetics..... wih 17gs for THAT car? i use it to get a different one and will do better MUCH better

SiR JDM
01-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Thumbs down for me toO... wayy too over done.. yucky green colour, wayyy over done interior...

like da1only said.. grab a dc2r if u can :P

bumography
02-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Definetly one of the best CRX's in Australia.?????????

.. . no way mine is the best :p
ehheehehe

Anways, this car is begging to be scratched, broken into, vandalized by some hoons out there.
So dont get !!!

$17,000 can be better spent.
Or u can buy My crx..for $16k..hehe with much time and love spent on it. :D :D :D

Chi
02-09-2004, 08:58 AM
that CRX is fantastic!!!

I love the green colour and chromes !!!

It just needs a bigger spoiler!!!

fusion_VTi
02-09-2004, 11:08 AM
for the money thats been spent on it that crx looks nowhere near as good as it could. save your money man, get a ek4 or an EG si / vti with some mods. it'll be alot more subtle and prob be more appealing.

SXYSOL
02-09-2004, 11:27 AM
isnt this SOCRXY???? if so this car was only for sale about a year ago...seems dodgy that its back up for sale again....

man for a few grand more you can get a nice gen3 and add your own touches to it...personally gen2 crx's are way over done these days....

traNce_gl
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
dude your money you get it if you want..But if i had that kind of money i prolly start fresh on another car and put mods and stuff that you like.Start you own project car.

But up to you..it is a nice show car

Pisty
02-09-2004, 03:51 PM
true true..... thanks everyone for replying, very efficient site:)

i've decided not to get it now, sounds like to much trouble for me. but still i have to admit i like this setup for being a show car. guess i'm back to looking for gen2 crx's.

thanks guys!

TimmAh85
02-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Ummmm ok that has to be the most ugly CRX i ever seen. shame on you for even contemplating buying that

fried
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Ummmm ok that has to be the most ugly CRX i ever seen. shame on you for even contemplating buying that

that was probably the most in-effective post so far. please don't post personal attacks. a question was asked, opinions given, and also answered. pisty took it on, and has now decided he does not want to buy it after looking at pros and cons.

now after that, how does ur post help, by looking down upon pisty? :thumbdwn:

:confused:

guess we can close this one.

~*b*~
02-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Just keep in mind one thing... depreciation. That car is only going to get older.. and just because it has 20k worth of mods, doesnt mean its worth that much. 2 years time down the track you wont get your money back on it. I guess you have to be willing to sacrifice that.
Becareful about what you are getting yourself into. Because the older cars are, the more problems they start to have. For 17k, you could get such a better car. But I guess its your choice.. Dont get me wrong, it looks awesome tho..

mytoycivic
02-09-2004, 04:43 PM
ugly car...
no personals here...we all have our own opinions and tastes,
i agree with the depreciation, but also people usually dont do up cars like that to sell them...they do it because they want to keep it.
but i have seen a lot of overdone CRXs and this is not the worst!!!
but its def. up there. i do like the interior, but then why do we need 3 tachos???
please answer me that one!

exterior! HA! it just screams ugly MOFO
meh i like G2 crxs stock or sleeper...that is when they look their best
honda did a good job with the cosmetics of the gen2...why change the good work for a
dodgy 2-pac green with a V8 supercar wing slammed on the back?
IMO---stock is the way (with some nice, small things) but not too much at all :D

anyway...thats my 2 cents - or maybe its about 10cents...sorry guys! :honda:

jackosimm
02-09-2004, 04:59 PM
i dont this its as bad as everyone thinks, but like someone said before its someone else's project, like theres no sense of achievment when compared to doing all that to a CRX yourself, much better feeling.

Setanta
02-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Best look is for a gen 2 is the EF8 cosmetics (bonnet, bumper, rear wing) or the Mugen kit. Keep it clean and don't hang a wing the size of a b52 off it :D

CRXs really should be declared a rice-free zone :D

LatinoHatchCrap
02-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Dont waste your money. buy a stocker for less than 10g's and spend the rest on performance.

joneblaze
02-09-2004, 06:26 PM
The arse on the "car" is uglier than a fat chicks. God that is OFF....
Please save your money... buy your own little project and mod it to your liking! :)

fried
02-09-2004, 07:51 PM
http://www.teameci.com/version2/member_detail.php?MemID=36

now THAT is a beautiful gen2

joneblaze
02-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Omfg...that's Smooooth> :)

traNce_gl
02-09-2004, 11:45 PM
wOOOOOoh i agree..JUst get rif of the shopping list on the window and its the bomb.

Now who here would rather the blue turbo crx or the show off green crx

crx_16x
03-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Neither.

joyride
03-09-2004, 02:46 AM
that green crx would have been cool maybe 5 years ago, but not today.

Setanta
03-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Neither.

x2

Give me a stock EF8 or a Mugen replica kitted ED9 anyday.

mytoycivic
03-09-2004, 11:09 AM
oh come on that blue one is pretty hot! but yer stocky looks betta

A'PEXi
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
ok, everyone has their own opinions towards the car, and towards how it looks etc. personally, if the owner is honest, then a 50k engine in it sounds pretty decent, and its a b16 which has a bit of power. the exterior seems a little bit over the top, but then again, back to personal preference. if you like the crx, then why not go inspect it, have a drive, check the condition of the car, saftey reports etc. if all goes well, and you are keen, then sure why not. although, as some people have mentioned, you really can't expect to get much money back on mods, you will however get a bit... as it is becoming quite a old car.... have a think about it :D

C-REX
03-09-2004, 12:15 PM
I think u should go for the green crx whatever u buy there is always gonna b some one who has there own opinion personally i love it

mytoycivic
03-09-2004, 12:25 PM
i agree with the people saying the things about it being someone elses project...but at the same time, if you dont have the time (or patients) for the full jobby, why not go 4 one that has been done for you?

i guess i lean toward doing it all myself but if it is what YOU want... then i agree wit A'PEXI...inspect etc etc etc and if u r still happy with the car (and price $$$) GO 4 IT MAN YEH!
doesnt matter...its still a :honda:

Setanta
03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
... it's still fugly too :D

Pisty
03-09-2004, 04:25 PM
i agree with the people saying the things about it being someone elses project...but at the same time, if you dont have the time (or patients) for the full jobby, why not go 4 one that has been done for you?

i guess i lean toward doing it all myself but if it is what YOU want... then i agree wit A'PEXI...inspect etc etc etc and if u r still happy with the car (and price $$$) GO 4 IT MAN YEH!
doesnt matter...its still a :honda:

hmmm i do like the style very much but needed to have a few (well more than a few) second opinions. i would rather do the job myself but after working out how much it would cost dismissed the idea completely. since then i've been looking around for a crx that best fits my description of what i wanted. turns out what i want is well........GAY

btw i can't inspect since i live over 10 hours away.

2MPRSS
03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
get this weeks trading post i seen around 10 crx with pics and all under $16000

skoota
03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
This is the most tragic Honda I've ever seen. Would put the d!ckheads on Chapel St. to shame. :thumbdwn:

Toby
03-09-2004, 11:19 PM
http://www.teameci.com/version2/member_detail.php?MemID=36

now THAT is a beautiful gen2

Now that is awesome :thumbsup:

SiR JDM
04-09-2004, 01:50 PM
what toby said =D

rly1
05-09-2004, 12:47 AM
the whole thing is about ur own car, it's like a relation u r having with it, the little modification u slowly do to it makes u love it a little more everytime and it ends up being ur own little unique baby, that's y I can understand y so many people wants to do their own project and I'm one of them .haha the smile I have on my face after putting on something new and when I look at the end result, it's just priceless...
but yeah, if u r not much into putting all that effort, it's just up to u.
I would hate the feeling of buying a car and having someone on the street recognizing it to be someone else's car .

mytoycivic
05-09-2004, 10:01 AM
if u r not much into putting all that effort, it's just up to u.

may also be that some want to get the one thats already done as it will always be cheaper...but at the same time you dont know how well it has been done...many jobs can look nice but r done really cheaply...my advice=GET RECEIPTS :D

I would hate the feeling of buying a car and having someone on the street recognizing it to be someone else's car .

*agrees*

i've been looking around for a crx that best fits my description of what i wanted. turns out what i want is well........GAY

what do you mean? is it gay to you or everyone else? dont give a shti what everyone else says...
mate i have had people tell me not to bother with my car as it is old and i wont get my money back from the conversion and all the work on it.
i dont care!
get it if you want...but make sure you dont get it for everyone elses pov...get it for your own taste thats my advice:D
IMO i really think you can get a much nicer crx for under 20gs so keep looking to find the one that u r certain you want to buy...its a lot of money, so u need to be sure.

cars are going to DEpreciate before they Apreciate in value
:D

mytoycivic
05-09-2004, 10:02 AM
BTW does everyone want me to go back to oprah?!

bumography
05-09-2004, 10:45 AM
or u can always buy my crx with ALL your money.
ehheehheheeh

rly1
05-09-2004, 03:16 PM
mate i have had people tell me not to bother with my car as it is old and i wont get my money back from the conversion and all the work on it.
i dont care!
get it if you want...but make sure you dont get it for everyone elses pov...get it for your own taste thats my advice:D
cars are going to DEpreciate before they Apreciate in value
:D

*totally agree* it's what I've gone through, just f.... them all, it's ur own car, give it ur best shot! don't be a sheep by following what everyone think !