PDA

View Full Version : What comes with the FN2R as Standard?

moons
13-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm going to pick up my Type R in a few days and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for in the way of loose items that should be included with the car.

As an example, with my GFs Golf GTI, the car was supposed to come with a metal bottle opener but instead came with a plastic one. Dealers will be dealers!

Does the Type R come with anything (special or not) that I should look out for? I believe a touch up pen should be there. What about a boot net? Any other stuff?

:confused:

Cheers.

Mingy
14-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey dude. i not too sure about the civic r, but all new civic car buyer should be given Metallic & pearlescent paint, floor mats and i-pod adapter for free. as i mentioned not too sure. i think the alloys sports wheels come stock with the ctr.

Felix
14-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry to hijack... But does anyone know how much the FD2R's Bluetooth module goes for? And can the dealers install this or does the car have to come from the factory with it??

Philip Lee
14-03-2008, 09:40 AM
As an example, with my GFs Golf GTI, the car was supposed to come with a metal bottle opener but instead came with a plastic one. Dealers will be dealers!

sorry for the OT but apparently from MY08 GTI has plastic rather than metal bottle opener. it's all part of the cost saving.

Nighthawk
14-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Yep it will come with a paint touch-up pen, boot net and jack for the spare, oh and a service book and manual :p
Everything else on the CTR is an option that you need to pay for or negotiate into the price. You'd be annoyed if a dealer didn't throw in mats for you though!

moons
14-03-2008, 04:27 PM
sorry for the OT but apparently from MY08 GTI has plastic rather than metal bottle opener. it's all part of the cost saving.

Sorry to say it, but you got ripped mate. They're supposed to be metal. Our sales guy has arranged for us to pick-up a metal one next time we are out at the dealer.

moons
14-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Yep it will come with a paint touch-up pen, boot net and jack for the spare, oh and a service book and manual :p

Cheers for the reply. Wasn't sure about the boot net but now that I know, I'll be looking for it when I pick the car up tomorrow! :cool:

LD_Mart
14-03-2008, 04:39 PM
i got flowers and a bottle of red wine. which was nice of them

anu
14-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Everything else on the CTR is an option that you need to pay for or negotiate into the price. You'd be annoyed if a dealer didn't throw in mats for you though!

yer i got a touch-up pen, boot net and jack 2 :thumbsup:

didnt get no flowers or red wine tho! :thumbdwn:

jckidz
14-03-2008, 05:24 PM
i got flowers and a bottle of red wine. which was nice of them

I didn't know that JBH is so nice to the customers... lol.. :p

m0nty ITR
14-03-2008, 05:30 PM

That's what comes with the car from factory. The stainless steel bottle opener was replaced in MY08. Volkswagen themselves supply the bottle opener.

Phillip did not get ripped off at all. Maybe your dealer has just decided to get you a stainless one.

warwick108
16-03-2008, 07:48 PM
my mate just got a ctr.. the badges are an option.. lol.. thats just wrong

Mingy
16-03-2008, 07:54 PM
my mate just got a ctr.. the badges are an option.. lol.. thats just wrong

LOL OMG thats just freakin hilarious. way to go honda you cheap bastards!

moons
17-03-2008, 10:08 AM
That's what comes with the car from factory. The stainless steel bottle opener was replaced in MY08. Volkswagen themselves supply the bottle opener.

Phillip did not get ripped off at all. Maybe your dealer has just decided to get you a stainless one.

GTI - not cooking models - have always come with a stainless steel one and I am still under the impression that they are supposed to.

Same as the Type R is supposed to come with touch up paint but some dealers steal it or ignore it if it is missing. :thumbdwn:

moons
17-03-2008, 10:10 AM
LOL OMG thats just freakin hilarious. way to go honda you cheap bastards!

Worse still, the monkeys who applied my stickers ripped one and the other had bubbles through it.

Will be replaced at 1000km service along with some other niggles.