PDA

View Full Version : brake fade

honda_ek4
14-03-2008, 02:59 PM
hey guys, i was just wondering if i was experiencing alot of brake fade after a few hard laps at the track on stock pads.
would i be able to do anything to speed up the process of it going back to normal quicker, or will i just have to leave it at stand still and wait for it to cool down naturally?

Limbo
14-03-2008, 04:38 PM
you can take the metal backing of the pads off, which will help slightly. If its fading you can drive with lighter braking, or stop completely. Otherwise you need better pads, or bigger calipers with bigger pads + bigger rotors (ITR upgrade) or even a spoon set

Nepolian
15-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Just cruise around the track for a lap or so, so it'll naturally cool down.

Off the topic, just up grade your pads if you're on a budget and go from there!

thepope1986
15-03-2008, 09:56 PM
you will be able to gain better braking performance and little to no fade if you replace pads and rotors with some upgraded stuff. get yourself some pbr slotted rotors and a good set of pads and you should have no worries unless you want to blow copious amounts of cash then do bigger calipers, rotors etc.

thebob
17-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Slotted is for dust removal. Just get some pads.

beeza
17-03-2008, 09:41 AM
^^ That's what I was thinking.Also Cusco brake stopper then stainless steel brake lines.That will firm them up real nice.

55EXX
18-03-2008, 02:17 PM
new pads and channel air from your front bar using induction tubing for more air flow to the area.

honda_ek4
18-03-2008, 09:53 PM
reason being i was asking the question was because i had a trackday the next day and didn't have enough time to get pads -__-"

even cruising through the track for a lap wouldnt help much man.

will get a brake upgrade soon.

got fade after session 1 hehe