PDA

View Full Version : Cant sell a car on behalf of your family... cmon

qstoria
14-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I couldnt help but laugh when I noticed that syphergs thread to try and sell his dc2r had been removed.. cmon? what is going on? seems a tad petty to me. I saw the for sale thread earlier and remembered reading that syphergs sister now drives it. Wouldnt that mean its his car anyway therefore he can sell it if he wishes?

Sypherg could have easily said that its still his car, not mentioned his sister at all and it would still be in the for sale section. Plus im sure many others on here sell things on behalf of other people but if asked they just say its theirs and thats that.

for some its hard enough to get a rep point in the first place to allow one the ability to sell something anyway so cmon how about a fair go? there is a mountain of other far more useless trash on this forum that goes undeleted so to delete someones for sale thread of a nice car because 'their sister drives it'...

ozhonda FTL in this case :thumbdwn:

bennjamin
14-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Typical assuming uninformed response.

Why are family members different to any other person ? Why should they avoid "earning" a rep point to sell ?

In this instance , this is his sisters car under her name. So she can sign up , earn the right to sell then do so. Or she can pay to sell it on any other website.

Sypherg and I have already spoken about this and he understands why.
Why people insist on fighting other peoples battles its beyond me.

Sydsyd
14-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I couldnt help but laugh

me too...i couldn't help but laugh at u mate...

that rule had been there even before u joined, so don't go wondering about it, it's there for a reason;)

my 2c, sorry for being a smart**s

qstoria
15-03-2008, 12:27 AM
think you are missing my point in this particular case champ. read my post more carefully. why be sorry for what you say too? you are entitled to your opinion aren't you? as am i

I am pretty sure the rule would have been there from the start so unless you started ozhonda then it was there before you joined to

xntrik
15-03-2008, 04:59 AM
wait so this affects you how?

i get your point, but its not your problem as of yet.

Dell99
15-03-2008, 05:30 AM
you don't have to be directly affected by something to state your opinion (as the op did say it was his opinion)

kyobi
15-03-2008, 08:16 AM
I agree with qstoria. It's pretty silly..
But thats what you get for being honest.
Being that the car is his sister's, he could've lied and said that it was his own and no one would've known.

czy_sol87
15-03-2008, 09:05 AM
In this instance , this is his sisters car under her name. So she can sign up , earn the right to sell then do so. Or she can pay to sell it on any other website.

isnt there a rule where only one OH account can be created per ip address??

what happens if they only have one computer in their household?

wynode
15-03-2008, 05:33 PM
IN regards to the title of the thread, the reason you can't sell on behalf of your family is we've had members in the past saying "but it's my brother/father/sister/cousins car". People use it as a way to bypass the rules basically. I don't see what's so hard about putting it in the Trading post / Car sales. The marketplace is here for the benefit of all members and not the main purpose of OH.

you don't have to be directly affected by something to state your opinion (as the op did say it was his opinion)

True that.

It's actually one OH account per person.

AsH_
15-03-2008, 05:35 PM

most people have dynamic IP addresses unless you pay extra for static, or

maybe ppl with cable have static...

i thought it was one account per email.

people elaborate.

aaronng
15-03-2008, 05:37 PM

No, it's 1 account per person. There are many members here on Ozhonda with the same IP address because the ISP shares IP addresses. So we don't close down accounts based solely on IP address.

wynode
15-03-2008, 05:46 PM
i thought it was one account per email.

It is also one account per email address. vBulletin will not let two (or more) different users share the same email address.

It is basically:

One Ozhonda account per person
One email address per account

bennjamin
15-03-2008, 07:27 PM
As above.

Also , in relation to this rule ~ parts and cars are not to be sold if on behalf of someone else. Anyone else. Family , friend or anyone.

Bludger
18-03-2008, 03:28 AM
I couldnt help but laugh when I noticed that syphergs thread to try and sell his dc2r had been removed.. cmon? what is going on? seems a tad petty to me. I saw the for sale thread earlier and remembered reading that syphergs sister now drives it. Wouldnt that mean its his car anyway therefore he can sell it if he wishes?

Sypherg could have easily said that its still his car, not mentioned his sister at all and it would still be in the for sale section. Plus im sure many others on here sell things on behalf of other people but if asked they just say its theirs and thats that.

for some its hard enough to get a rep point in the first place to allow one the ability to sell something anyway so cmon how about a fair go? there is a mountain of other far more useless trash on this forum that goes undeleted so to delete someones for sale thread of a nice car because 'their sister drives it'...

ozhonda FTL in this case :thumbdwn:should be thankful OzH is providing a marketplace for its members to use......

OzH has no obligation to let you use the marketplace

its a privileged, not a right to use

BlitZ
18-03-2008, 08:24 AM
just lie.. say tis yours

rawr
18-03-2008, 08:38 AM
As above unfortunately that's what you gotta do sometimes

sendok
19-03-2008, 02:59 PM
It happen to me before when I'm selling my friend's car here, I know the rule, and I'm just told my friend to post it here since his car is a NICE HONDA, and this is HONDA forum (which got the marketplace). And it's got deleted.

It's silly IMO because that car is nice, and if it's here will help the owner and also OH member who maybe will buy it. But yeah, rules are rules. I'm not the one who make this forum, but guess what. I just tell my friend, "Sorry your car ad was deleted". And I told him to be a member here, as simple as that. He make 1, he sell his car, and now I dont think he's here since he's driving Nissan now. LMAO ~

Respect all people opinions, that's why we have this site discussion here. Right?

bennjamin
19-03-2008, 06:37 PM
...And I told him to be a member here, as simple as that. He make 1, he sell his car, and now I dont think he's here since he's driving Nissan now. LMAO ~

Sums it up why we have this rule. "We" on OZhonda have no desire for people to join JUST to sell parts / cars. They can go elsewhere.

Closed