PDA

View Full Version : Missing servvices

J-TODA
14-03-2008, 10:06 PM
ok might seem a bit noobish question, but yer.... jst wondering wat happens if u say miss a service or two( by a honda dealer )does honda warranty get denied??

iist also possible to tell the dealer which parts of a particular service u wish and wish not to be completed... for instance if u have recently completed changed the engine oil and filter and the 40k major service is upcoming, would it be possible just to request for the air filter to be replaced?

thanks

ps: this refers to honda accord euro :)

traumatized
14-03-2008, 10:17 PM
as long as the services were done by a licensed mechanic, then your warranty is not void.

im not sure whether a dealer will allow you to pick and choice which parts you want them to do and still get a stamp in the log book for it as they cannot be sure whether you really have done the oil change and so forth. they may think you are trying to cut cost oh and it also may be diiffcult for them if you need a warranty job done related to those parts you did not get them to change.

so i doubt they will allow it for those reasons

tron07
15-03-2008, 08:04 AM
They might beat around the bush.....

My dealers even said honda might void my warranty cause I use Castrol Edge.... I told them its the same spec and blah blah blah

bodaas
15-03-2008, 08:22 AM

My dealers even said honda might void my warranty cause I use Castrol Edge.... I told them its the same spec and blah blah blah

they can smell, yours is from super cheap auto :p

tony1234
15-03-2008, 09:44 PM

What a load of crap.Castrol Edge is a higher spec oil than the usual shit Magnatec that most honda service depts.use.

traumatized
15-03-2008, 10:24 PM
my local honda service dept. uses shell, which then they give you the option to upgrade the oil to the helix ultra which is full synthetic.

spoke to the service guys there not long ago and they said they will most likely switch to only supply shell helix ultra.

EUR003act
16-03-2008, 05:18 PM
dealers use HONDA F.E.O... mineral based crap... fully synthetic is better... the even specify in the manual to only use honda feo or fully synthetic...

ms700
16-03-2008, 08:55 PM
dealers use HONDA F.E.O... mineral based crap... fully synthetic is better... the even specify in the manual to only use honda feo or fully synthetic...

Dealers "may" use Honda FEO, it all depends on who has the contract for supply of their oil. Ive seen plenty of dealers using Castrol, Shell has been mentioned here somewhere, ive even seen some using Repsol.......

teh_mechanic
16-03-2008, 09:06 PM
to answer your question,if you miss services yes they will use it as an excuse to not fix warranty issues.they will go stupid with it too,i know someone that missed a 20000km service and they used it to try and not replace his stereo standard sterep that died,the service has nothing to do with the service but they will always save a $ if they can.

if you get a licensed mechanic to service and stamp your book then you are all good.why take it to honda to get air filter changed if you got another mechanic to change the oil.they will be able to do the whole service including changing the air filter etc. etc. etc. and stamp the book probably for alot cheaper than honda can

tony1234
17-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Dealers "may" use Honda FEO, it all depends on who has the contract for supply of their oil. Ive seen plenty of dealers using Castrol, Shell has been mentioned here somewhere, ive even seen some using Repsol.......
From what i've seen a lot of Honda service depts. use Castrol.I was told Castrol don't manufacture their own oil!!