PDA

View Full Version : new sussy... do i need camber kits???

Rice Rocket
14-03-2008, 10:20 PM
hey guys, just got my new suspensions and i've been looking into all suspension mods and what not.

my question is, will i need a camber kit when i install my sussys?

and will it make any difference if i don't have them?

(please take it easy on me... i'm a noob :angel: )

thanks

shadou
14-03-2008, 10:29 PM
depends what you have done, lowered you can get away without one

DLO01
14-03-2008, 10:30 PM
When you say suspension, what did you actually get? And how low are you gonna go.

Rice Rocket
14-03-2008, 10:35 PM
oh my bad, i got a set of hks hipermax coilovers. height and damper adjustable etc.

atm, my car is lowered to the point where the wheels are in the guard (from the previous owner -_-")

anyway i want to have some space between the wheels and the guards when i get these put in, just not sure whether i need the camber kits or not. oh and rear wheels are slightly cambered in to allow them to sit "nicely" in my guards...

DLO01
14-03-2008, 10:39 PM
If your gonna raise it to have a gap then I think you'll be ok. Just get a wheel alignment when you put the new coilovers in. They will advise you if it will be ok or not. I think it will be fine.

Oh, and your wheels will 'camber' in the lower you go. Thats why there is a need for camber kits the lower you go.

Limbo
14-03-2008, 10:45 PM
if you get the camber adjustment it will let you straighten you shocks to sit the wheels more flush. THe only issue you have is that since you've decked you car so much you most likely will rub if you straighten too far.

It will do you good, but your gonna have to play with the adjustment to get it at its best setting

DLO01
14-03-2008, 10:57 PM
if you get the camber adjustment it will let you straighten you shocks to sit the wheels more flush.

Ahhh, no it won't on his civic. Adjustment kits are usually done via the upper control arm, not by the strut tower.

THe only issue you have is that since you've decked you car so much you most likely will rub if you straighten too far.

If hes got the wrong wheels then yes.