PDA

View Full Version : Does your exhaust rattle?

Dr.k20z1
15-03-2008, 01:46 AM
i was wondering! does anyone have a type s that they have fitted at type r exhaust on! and does it rattle like a b**ch?

i got a rmo1 for the type r and it rattles hardcore..

so how wud we fix this? has anyone encountered this problem!?

cheers fellas :D

6000rpm
15-03-2008, 05:27 AM
does it sound like its coming from the muffler or bpipe

make sure it aint rattling against any heat shields first,
then check for any loose bolts,
cracked hangers

cheers

simonnowis
15-03-2008, 08:35 AM
does it rattle even on idle, or does it rattle when u rev it up.
a possibility might be a rubber stopper thing hooked onto a hanger, lol not sure what its called but the exhaust hits up against it.
check if its still there, the exhaust might be hitting up against the metal hanger.

Dr.k20z1
15-03-2008, 02:27 PM
only hits on idle and wen like the car is put to a stop. rattles in first gear somtimes wen i drive like a grandma.

its hitting from the muffler! i think

well the sound is coming from around the connection part from bpipe to axelback..

i got told it is becos it is a japanese exhaust :S which i was thinking errrrrrr. hahaha

oh and another thing i got told is that.. becos its a type r zorst not a type s zorst! sooo..

give me some pointers yeah?

thx for the replies so far!

:D

evoo
16-03-2008, 01:43 AM
my friend has the same problem wif his ae86... he said got to do wif some rubber seal thing

Fuzz21
16-03-2008, 01:07 PM
i got a dc5r and my exhaust rattles to the fuk house.. when im stoppin at the lights and when i take off slowly.. only started like a week ago. think it might be rubbers. bcoz it hits on my fuel tank.

OMG.JAI xD
16-03-2008, 02:03 PM
how bout..
wen the cars cold.. start it and put it up?
and see where its coming from.

its most probably your rubber stops.
or it could be the fact that it is a type r on a type s ..
exhaust bends could be different.
really .. idont know lol
just check it.

=]

squish85
16-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Got the same problem too,.. rattle upon idle and slow acceleration from stand still .. But i think it was coming from the exhaust manifold.. (apparently the seller did'nt bolt it up properly with the 2 self locking nuts)..

Fuzz21
16-03-2008, 10:15 PM
i cud be a number of things. all u really got to do is get it checked out of like someone already said.. get ur hands dirty and get under the car

Dr.k20z1
18-03-2008, 09:09 PM
i went under the car today.. its bumping the piece of steel? or somthing that is just there to cover heat from gettin to the car. its 3/4 down from the cat on the bpipe.

soo.. theres nothing i really can do is there?

+ :S i dont trust many ppl with my car.. soo.. go to an exhaust shop u rkn? and tell them to ding the piece of steel out or somthing lol..

any reccomendations in brissy? cheap and trust worthy and does a good job?

Ashwee
20-03-2008, 12:03 PM
If it sounds like you're dragging tin cans along, mainly upon accelleration, I had that too. But it went away when I may or may not have been driving a little spirited. I'm thinking it either was the springy bit near the cat, or it was a bit of the honeycomb inside the cat, rattling around, which is now blown out I guess!

6000rpm
20-03-2008, 02:44 PM
if its hitting against a heat shield, then you can easily bend the heat shield away by hand yourself.