PDA

View Full Version : Installing acceration cable ?

GSi_PSi
15-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey does anyone have any instructions for installing a new acceration cable to the acceration pedal ? preferably with pictures?
thanks ...

ECU-MAN
18-03-2008, 08:12 AM
ist pretty easy,

- unpop the cable from the pedal,
- go into the enginebay and twist the cable mount on the firewall and it will come off
- undo the cable from the inlet manifold,

fitting the new one is revers to taking the old one off. dont loose the gasket from the firewall side of the cable braket.

GSi_PSi
18-03-2008, 11:36 PM
ive had so much bad luck with this acceration cable, i bought one from hontoys in yennora and they gave me the wrong one and gave my money back, went to hontoys in smithfield , gave me the wrong one and said store credit only no refunds after they insisted it would fit, went to honbits today and told them to make 100% sure its the right cable and wen my cousin tried installing it what do you know it doesnt fit. does anyone know were i could get one other than these places

ECU-MAN
19-03-2008, 11:58 AM
push for a refund,

they sold you something that you dont need and they cannot suply you with what you need.

you have consumer right you know.

GSi_PSi
19-03-2008, 10:57 PM
well the guy who took out the acceration cable said give him a refund , but the dodgy guy at the counter came up with some bullshit excuse how its the labour and that i said that i wanted an eg civic cable( i asked for eg civic rails and asked if they fit and they said yes, must of somehow thought that i said acceration cable too-even after i questioned the length of the cable they said yer it will fit when you put it in the car, but most probly just want my money) that cant be replaced this that, and offered for me to keep the cable or get a store credit. But luckily the good people at honbits asked me for a full refund or give a similar looking cable a go and it fit , so im cheering.
In all Hontoys= Dont do any business with them, unless its your last resort
Honbits= FTW..

wkdteg
23-03-2008, 01:16 PM
try oemacuraparts.com
i emailed them last week, got a reply within 24 hrs, they ship to australia and the cable should only cost round $30AUD delivered.