PDA

View Full Version : 91 honda civic ed3

theflash1
16-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I have a 91 civic which is pretty much stock except for a K&N air filter, sports exhaust and 16in G-Max wheels. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me what else i should legally modify and what brands would be the best (for an average wage earner). I was thinking of upgrading my exhaust system to a full Lukey exhaust system.

PS do you need a permit for a bodykit?

95civic
16-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I dont think you need a 'permit' for a bodykit. If you want to keep everything legit you will need to tell your insurance company about any mods, such as a bodykit, exhaust etc.

Vinnie
16-03-2008, 02:34 PM
well the basic mods are intake/header/exhaust so you could go after new headers and a catback exhaust system but tbh they will net you only very minor gains on that car. the only thing you are really going to get is a slightly meatier exhaust note which you prob already have. you do not need a permit for a bodykit.

imho putting any sort of money into modifying that engine will be a waste. if you are dead set on keeping the car maybe look into engine conversions but generally ur prob better off just saving up for a better car :)

theflash1
16-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Any ideas what would be a good engine to fit in and roughly how much it will cost?

95civic
16-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Best thing to do is start searching, there is heaps of info on conversions around here.

SeverAMV
16-03-2008, 03:05 PM
why do people always bag a d series when they know absolutely nothing of its potential.

head to www.onecamonly.com, and you can get bits and pieces that will make your car before better than a b series motor, without spending as much as you would if you were to convert it. i just had high compression p29s, head shaved 1mm, metal head gasket, stage 2 cams, adjustable cam gears, exhaust + extractors + intake, titanium valvetrain, etc. all done for 2.5k fitted and tuned (including parts cost) and i managed to hit 104fwkw, with a powerband that goes from 4k to 8k. with the right gear and tuning, even more power is possible.