PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and CAI Pod Filter Setup Cost?

PIN01S
25-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Hey guys i've been watchin this forum for a while now...ive got a 94 accord which is bog stock and im planning to put a cat-back exhaust and a CAI pod filter ... im wonderin who has done this and how much they got it for...im in Sydney if u guys c a dark green accord with clear tail lights den dats me ...jus beep aye..

poid
25-10-2003, 11:01 PM
A decent pod+intake can be picked up for around $150, though i wouldnt call it a CAI unless you shield it from engine bay heat by boxing it and feed it cold air from the front of the car.

Cat back exhaust, like $500 or so?

PIN01S
26-10-2003, 12:35 AM
there is a feed of cold air into the stock panel filter aint there ?.... i noticed it when i was putting halogen light buls in the car and i had to disasemble the air filter box...

poid
26-10-2003, 01:08 AM
That feed comes from the black piping that has an opening over the battery...there's a white resonator box under the standard airbox which sucks the air from above the battery and feeds it into the airbox.

You wanna get rid of that, which will give a nice feed from the front, and also box the pod off so it doesnt get heat from the engine bay. Otherwise have the filter sitting where the resonator box is (ie kinda in the bumper) so it breathes cold air. Though you may get water in there that way.

A'PEXi
26-10-2003, 11:29 AM
liverpool exhausts will be able to help you, give em a visit :)

Calvo
27-10-2003, 09:27 PM
PIN01S, ill beable to give u a hand mate, im sorry i cant help u atm coz im over my d'l limit, but i got a 94 Vti-s and ive done the CAI and pod myself.
i can get the kits cheap. ill explain to u more on saturday ok, wen my limit resets.

Poid: wat do u use to box the Pod in with? coz im thinkin wtf i can box it with, so that i can also cut hole through it and get a pipe runin to behind the front bad, through where the resonator is. just wanna kno wat to box it in with.