PDA

View Full Version : When is the New civic coupe released in OZ?

SCRAPN
01-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Does anyone new when or if the new civic coupe will be available in australia, i contacted honda australia but they are f*#king useless, couldnt even tell me a price on some parts, so much for customer service.... yeah anyone know??? i want one!

MRJDM
01-09-2004, 07:20 PM
i doubt we will get it

|N|
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
nah ... we not gonne get it...

VTEChnique
02-09-2004, 11:14 AM
we only got the old coupe cause in the late 90's we had a stronger Aussie Dollar and the exchange rate from the US was a lot better.. the coupes are made in the USA.

so with a relatively poor exchange rate and the tariffs placed on 'imported' cars to protect our Domestic Auto Industry (pfffftt) I'd say it's just not cost-effective to bring the civic coupe to Australia.

SPEEDCORE
02-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Speaking of the protecting the Australian Automotive Industry..... I know its not Honda but WTF where Toyota thinking developing the Avalon..... then giving it another go with the facelifted version?

I mean it was their answer to try to regain some strength in the large family car class....... you only really see Avalons being used as taxis.

Now if toyta had decided to bring out the Chaser or the MARK II to Oz I swear it would take a massive chunk out of the local market.... even if it just had a N/A 2JZ as the base.. and the TT model as their response to HSV and FPV..........

But knowing toyota the TT Chaser or MARK II would be slapped with.... yep you guessed it..... a SPORTIVO badge! :rolleyes: