PDA

View Full Version : Lost car keys: please help

buddhic
16-03-2008, 09:39 PM
hi guys,
i lost my only car key today and have no way of getting my car home or to a honda centre.

right now it's parked on the street, i've tried calling towing companies but no one is able to tow it back with the hand brake on.

i was thinking to breaking my window and releasing the hand break to get it tow home but im not sure if that's the best option.

right now that car is in strafield - burwood area. is there are honda centre around that area.

im in need of a car to get to work, any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

95civic
16-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Cant you get somone with a flat bed to get it for you??

James The Wog
16-03-2008, 09:48 PM
phh your calling the wrong towies, they can always jack up the rear

qikteg
16-03-2008, 09:49 PM
NRMA. they'll jimmy your lock so you can at least get it open.

where's your spares?

buddhic
16-03-2008, 09:58 PM
my sister lost my other key, now my last one fell out of my key ring.

i will try to call other towing companies tomorrow, but where should i take it to next to get this whole thing resolved. and how much do you guys think it will cost, i did a search and the figure was around $600 - $800, is this still relevant to my situation.

thanks for the quick reply.

Someone²
16-03-2008, 10:52 PM
What car have you got?

ktvin09
16-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Just make sure u let no one know what car u have... :confused:

What car have you got?

vampzzz
16-03-2008, 11:00 PM
what's your cars year model? because 1996 and onwards there are immobilisers and you will have to get yours reset and a new one will be put into the new key and your car, it has happened to me before and it cost me $650, im just hoping that your car is not 1996 or onwards. well, goodluck and i hoped this helped you out.

Someone²
16-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeh thats what i was getting at, sorry that probably sounded sus, probably best if you dont tell any one the exact location of the car either, remember not everyone has good incentives

Vinnie
16-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeh thats what i was getting at, sorry that probably sounded sus, probably best if you dont tell any one the exact location of the car either, remember not everyone has good incentives

incentives? you mean intentions?

in any case im sure that nrma/racv/racq deal with this kind of thing and itd prob be cheaper than $600...

Someone²
16-03-2008, 11:39 PM
incentives? you mean intentions?

in any case im sure that nrma/racv/racq deal with this kind of thing and itd prob be cheaper than $600...

LOL yeh intentions thats what i meant wow i need sleep

rayb3na_
16-03-2008, 11:53 PM
thers a honda centre on parramatta road new north strathfield forgot which branch it is.. its across the road from blues brothers. im from your area so yeah dude if u need any help just lemme know.

nvdvtc
17-03-2008, 05:58 AM
alrite wat should u do. ok well just try to call the lock smiths, they make keys inc. keys for cars. (try operator 124yes) Get them to come down and make a copy because thats what happen to my supra. they made the key for my door which also starts the ignition thus, try them.

Cheers brother (y)

traumatized
17-03-2008, 08:13 AM
depending on your car and what security you have, call a locksmith they can come out and create a key for you on the spot. which then will open your door and unless you changed the key barrel you should be able to start the car up also.

this once again only works if you do not have an immobiliser installed in your call, but will get you into the car to let the hand brake down. but then thats an additional cost that you will have to pay and also getting a new key that will start the car.

buddhic
17-03-2008, 09:27 PM
okay finally got it resolved.

we got a key from a locksmith ($70) and managed to open the door and release the hand break, then we got it towed the to Rick Demelion at Lichard ($100). now im just waiting for them to reset the immobilizer and cut a new pair of keys. should end up costing around $600 which is not too bad.

i got a guy quoting $700 just to open the door, but we quickly told him to *F off. i guess ppl are always trying to rip you off when ur desperate.

anyways thanks a lot for the replies, it made things a lot easier.

ktvin09
17-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Glad to hear that...what a relief!!

isami
17-03-2008, 11:51 PM
before fixing up new keys.. try checking reception/lost and found in the area u were in?
there are still honest people around
lost mine in uni today.. was pissing myself.. but someone returned it to the lost and found later that day

ECU-MAN
20-03-2008, 07:58 AM
okay finally got it resolved.

we got a key from a locksmith ($70) and managed to open the door and release the hand break, then we got it towed the to Rick Demelion at Lichard ($100). now im just waiting for them to reset the immobilizer and cut a new pair of keys. should end up costing around $600 which is not too bad.

i got a guy quoting $700 just to open the door, but we quickly told him to *F off. i guess ppl are always trying to rip you off when ur desperate.

anyways thanks a lot for the replies, it made things a lot easier.

I can reprogram factory blank keys into your immobiliser with out the red key, it will alot less than 700.