PDA

View Full Version : civic CRX trouble help

rly1
01-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi! people,
I own a civic 89 hatch, I bought myself a pair of headlights but the wrong ones, the headlights are for a CRX 90, now instead of replacing it because they are really similar, the bolts are right and the only thing that is wrong is the side of the hedlight which is supposed to hold the side cover lights, it doesn't have the two holes to hold the civic 89 side covers.
So, what I'm thinking of now is to buy a pair of CRX side markers(there is some really nice one only available for CRX and not civic, hence my idea of keeping the headlights) but the screws r not totally fit for the civic, I can surely drill some new holes, that won't be a problem
but the shape is also different and since I'm also planning to buy a set of fenders maybe that would do the trick?
so here I am, asking for help, do u think that this plan is possible?
CRX headlight+CRX side cover+ CRX fenders INTO a civic 89 hatch ????
would this work??

soon2b300hp
01-09-2004, 07:58 PM
i have seen a i think 89 civic with crx bonnet lights and the boom sports front bar... i think it would be possible

Setanta
01-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't think the fenders work (I could be wrong though) - the corner lights might need some mods to fit. I'd almost suggest heading off to a wreckers and doing a quick test to find out.

mr crex
01-09-2004, 11:32 PM
the 88-89 crx uses the 2 screws in the side of the fender

the 90-91 crx uses 2 slide sockets where the parker lights slide into and the there is 1 hole where it screws into the actual headlight.

apparently (according to an 88 crx owner) you can plug these 2 slide sockets into the holes where the 88 parkers would normally screw into and then use 90-91 parker lights with the 90-91 headlights.

crx - civic should be interchangable from what I have seen/heard

Setanta
02-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, it's a weird one - I know the ED Sedan nose isn't interchangable with the Hatch or CRX... Hatch to rex might be better, I know the rex bonnet swaps over to the ED6

rly1
02-09-2004, 01:26 AM
the CRX headlights doesn't have the two sockets, and my civic parkers need them(it actually needs to slides into 2 sockets and also have screw on the outside). I've find out that 88-89 CRX parkers use screws from the outside whereas 90-91 CRX parkers do not have screws on the outside. and what I need to know is how the inside is to know how it fits into the headlights

bumography
02-09-2004, 01:38 AM
civic and crx parker lights ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENCE
anways
my crx lights have 2 holes to push into the parkers...
so why doesnt yours?!?!
*clueless*

rly1
03-09-2004, 05:46 PM
because it is a crx 90-91 headlights, urs should be 88-89