PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Zero2/E

defect
17-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I have a EG civic and running megan racing LCA's. I using eg/ek buddyclub n+ on them and they fitted fine.

My question is, will I need to change my LCA since the n+ fitted and are for eg/ek. someone told me I might need to trim abit of the LCA for it to work or would it fit up no hassles like the n+.

what advantages are there from using pillow ball upper mounts compared to the standard upper mounts? the ones from ek will straight fit on eg right?

tRipitaka
17-03-2008, 09:27 AM
i wouldn't recommend running ek lca/ek sussy on the eg as the dimensions of the ek lca are different to the eg..

but if you really need to, you must shave a bit of the eg lca to fit the ek sussy, or use ek lca's..

defect
17-03-2008, 09:36 AM
So whats the go with the n+? those are coilovers for eg and ek, I havent had to trim any part of the LCA for the coilovers to fit. They are megan racing LCA, Im pretty sure they are EG LCA's as well.

any pros and cons from running EK lca's & coilovers on a EG?

tRipitaka
17-03-2008, 09:38 AM
i'm not too sure about the n+ how it states eg/ek.. i'm very interested in sussing this out..

afaik, eg and ek have different dimensions with their rear forks..

maybe the prices of the eg and ek n+ are the same, so they classify it under eg/ek ?

tRipitaka
17-03-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47843

defect
17-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Im pretty sure those n+ are for both eg/ek, but I'm not understanding the maths. :X

jdm_kid
19-03-2008, 05:27 PM
i'm not too sure about the n+ how it states eg/ek.. i'm very interested in sussing this out..

i want to know aswell becos someone told me the only fork type suspension was only available for the EK.

e240
19-03-2008, 10:57 PM
i wouldn't recommend running ek lca/ek sussy on the eg as the dimensions of the ek lca are different to the eg..

but if you really need to, you must shave a bit of the eg lca to fit the ek sussy, or use ek lca's..

You can quite easily run EK Suspensions on an EG, rightly as you have mentioned, the control arm damper mounting bush just needs to be shaved off slightly. I've been doing this all last year and even now.

afaik, eg and ek have different dimensions with their rear forks..
maybe the prices of the eg and ek n+ are the same, so they classify it under eg/ek ?

And if you wanted to run EG shocks on the EK, you just need to use some washers as spacers. QED

You cannot however, run EK control arms on an EG and vice versa, as the rear sub frames are of different lengths.

fatboyz39
20-03-2008, 07:24 AM
is there any advantage or disadvantage running EK shocks on EG?

bennjamin
20-03-2008, 08:05 AM
none whatsoever. Same thing.
IF anything , its an disadvantage due to the extra effort getting it to fit.

e240
20-03-2008, 09:06 AM
is there any advantage or disadvantage running EK shocks on EG?

As Ben said - None. Its just that alot of the EG shocks might no longer be in production. As I have experienced.

bennjamin
20-03-2008, 07:37 PM
As above - Anything from japan is either EG6 or DC2R , which both use the different lower control arm. So you can use rear coilovers to suit EK and shave your bush ( lol) or spend more and get the correct LCA's as well.

Spunkymonkey
22-03-2008, 03:32 PM
hey mate, according to one website place they can get DC2R/EK9 cusco zero 2E. Only difference I know of between the cusco zero 2 and 2e, is the top of the shock where you adjust the damper is slightly different. The 2e has a big slit for the top of the econtroller to sit in to change the damper setting. The 2, has a small slit that you can stick a flat head screw driver in to change the damper setting....

PM me if you want to know the site details.

defect
23-03-2008, 12:28 PM
thanks for the help spunky
made my decision :>