View Full Version : ASR Brace and OEM Sway Q

Rice Rocket
18-03-2008, 09:34 PM
hey guys,

getting my asr brace and oem sway bar soon (within the next week). just wandered what i'd need to do install and what parts i need like the endlinks, bushes etc.

i'd have the asr brace and 22mm rear sway bar. do i need to buy the endlinks and bushes? would i specifically need CTR endlinks or use stock or ITR if possible? i know i'll need the d brackets.

and is there anything from stock that i could use?

all help would be much appreciated :D cheers

akusuma
18-03-2008, 09:52 PM
you could use your endlinks. just buy the d brackets and bushings.

simonnowis
18-03-2008, 09:57 PM
u need ek endlinks, itr are different, i think em1 comes with a stock rear swaybar right??
if so just use those. the endlink for ek4,ek9 are pretty much the same. and yeh you just need d brackets and bushes to fit the 22mm swaybar. the bolts for the d brackets u just use the ones that came with the asr kit.

Limbo
19-03-2008, 11:25 PM
22m bar is either an ITR/CTR or a whiteline bar.
SHould be able to use your stock endlinks, shouldn't be an issue.

I don't think you need new brackets on a stock bar either. Its only on the whiteline bar cos they use the dodgy U bolts with the brackets, which won't fit on the ASR. I brought new bushings for no reason also.

I needed to use the brackets, got them from supercheap for like $20-25. then it just all bolted up. I have whiteline 22mm + ASR

vinnY
20-03-2008, 02:45 AM
remember to get the asr inserts if using a dc2r rear sway with ek endlinks
or find my thread about my ghetto fix(which works mind you, was still good when i took it out to install my asr inserts)