PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question?

Jay
02-09-2004, 12:25 AM
hey pplz
i picked up a budy club spec II muffler outa a itr (i have a eg civic btw)
well i got sum1 to fit it but its got 2.5 inch pipping from the muffler and over the rear lower control arm.
was wondering if i get 2.25 from there to the extractors would it effect nething ? should i just get 2.5 all the way ?

sivic
02-09-2004, 01:07 AM
just go 2.25". 2.5" is too big unless you dont mind losing out lots of power & torque in low/mid rang revs. even 2" is fine unles you running b-series. but go 2.25". just make sure you get a decent resonator or it will be LOUD

SiR JDM
02-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Yea Jay, your gettin a b16 so go the 2.25"
its been discussed heaps so u can find heaps of info about it and opinions etc... some people say 2" for us b16s.. but there are still people that say 2" is fine .. in the end its your choice what you want out of it, and what you want to beleive =)

Im going the 2.25" with a nice reso (like sivic said) and probably grab me a twinloop replica because i dont like the big drone of a milo tin :P

VTEChnique
02-09-2004, 11:08 AM
twin-loop replica's sound like utter crap !! get the real mugen one or get something else alltogether !! you think a cannon-style sounds like a fart-can.. the fake twin loop sounds like a buch of bee's all farting in a can !!

joneblaze
02-09-2004, 01:23 PM
That's not what a number of people think VTEChnique....but thanks for your much promoted advice..... *looks @ gingangooly...* lol.

Dude a 2.5" exhaust will be way too big for you EG. Heed the Civic owners advice and grab a 2 or 2.25"! :)

VTEChnique
02-09-2004, 03:34 PM
That's not what a number of people think VTEChnique....but thanks for your much promoted advice..... *looks @ gingangooly...* lol.

Dude a 2.5" exhaust will be way too big for you EG. Heed the Civic owners advice and grab a 2 or 2.25"! :)

WTF ?? you ever ACTUALLY heard a fake twin loop ?
what's with the attitude ?? fark !! I thought you were a moderator ?? hmm

fried
02-09-2004, 04:27 PM
vtechnique. read it again. it was sarcasm. he was hassling gingangooly, because he is friends with him.

and again.... every car is different. if u put the exact same exhuast on a few different cars, im sure theyd all sound different, depending on their mods etc.

lets all be friends. but dont get too close to me.

joneblaze
02-09-2004, 06:21 PM
ROFL@e....

Some people just work on different wave lengths. Or like to argue...

SiR JDM
02-09-2004, 09:27 PM
The twin loop was just an idea because ive heard good things about it ... sound resitriction-wise...

Still only a thought =)

Jay
03-09-2004, 12:03 AM
hey pplz

yeh well like i was saying i just bought a buddy club exhaust n it already has 2.5 inch pippin dat goes over the rear lower control arms.

initial i wanted 2.25 all the way but since i already have this pippin was wonderin if it would effect performance ? or sound

thankz in advanced

fried
03-09-2004, 12:19 AM
yes, it will effect sound... and yes it will effect performance.

probaby best to keep it straight through. but u can always just get the 2.25.

the thing u dont want is to have restrictions at the end. from what ive read.....

best thing is to go like this.... =======

next best thing is to go like this --==:::

u dont want to go like this ::::===---

but again.. thats jsut what ive researched and read online.

Taxi-R
03-09-2004, 11:37 AM
so he has a 2.5" entry tip on his muffler , r u guys saying u can still use a 2.25" bpipe?? even tho it's a diff diameter? how does that work?

is this the same principle with the bpipe to the cat? and also headers to the cat?

:confused:

joneblaze
03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
The merely weld a joiner or flange bit to connect the two unmatching diameters I believe. 2.25" catback piping to a 2.5" inlet muffler is fine AFAIK.

Taxi-R
11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
can anybody else confirm what the deal is???