PDA

View Full Version : other car make shifter stick width

Dr4g0n
02-09-2004, 12:58 AM
just wondering whether wrx gear knobs or toyota's (or any other manufacturer) will fit on the civic shift stick?

i have a chance to get a wrx gearknob for free and it's exactly what i'm after but dunno if it'll fit on the civic shifter stick.

fried
02-09-2004, 01:25 AM
then take it for free..a nd try it lol
no harm

tell us how u go.

if it doesnt fit, sell it :cool:

Dr4g0n
02-09-2004, 01:49 AM
yeah, i will...but just seeing what other options i have if the wrx one won't fit.

after a simple black leather gearknob with stitching. can be from any car, as long as it fits the civic gear stick...hehe

it's ridiculous how high aftermarket gearknobs sit on a civic gear stick.

SiR JDM
02-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Ive got a dc2 VTI-R gearknob on my EG at the moment.. my friend is a rice head so he has TyPe RzZz mANg or somecrap now, so i took his leather shifter with stiching... (unless the dc2 ones are fake leather? o.O either way me likes)
I like alot! n screws straight on to my EG shifter

Dr4g0n
02-09-2004, 01:50 PM
nah, they're not real leather. the stitching is fake and the actual knob is rubber/plastic.

Dr4g0n
03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
well, i got the wrx gearknob and guess what...the thread was too big for the gear stick so it wouldn't screw on...just sit there. what i ended up doing was wrapping the gear stick thread with electrical tape and then screwing the gearknob onto it. worked a treat. wrx gearknob goodness...feels alot better than the stocky civic gearknob and looks heaps better too

SiR JDM
04-09-2004, 01:58 PM
lol good on ya .. i have a *type R* shifter (not OEM or OEM look alike) and I tried to put it on once but i had the same problem.. I was thinkin about doing something simliar to wat youve done, but it wasn't worth it for a POS type Rzzz one.. i jus wanted a new feel...

Where you from dr4g0n? if u in SE suburbs maybe i can come check out ur rexy gknob sometime :D

Dr4g0n
04-09-2004, 02:52 PM
yeah dude, i'm in dandenong. pm me to organise something if you want.

well, the electrical tape thing is so dodgy but it actually works. gonna try to find a way to fatten the thread properly but all else fails, hopefully i can find a short shift kit with a fatter thread so the wrx gearknob will just screw straight onto it.