PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter / Lowering / Grills

iizzii
18-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I currently live in maroubra (sydney) im looking to buy just a K&N air filter for euro but have no idea where to get them from, or how much they will cost.

Also im looking to lower the car about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 inches depending on how far down it will actually come from the wheel base. Does anyone know a good place to do this at as well as costing for it, i just want new springs, coil overs are too pricy for me and i dont plan to take it to the track either.

Finally, does anyone know where i can get one of those custom black grills, ive seen them on so many accords and have fallen in love with them.

traumatized
19-03-2008, 08:20 AM
just in regards to the k&n drop in filter if you want travell down to Burwood and within westfield theres a shop there called Motoequip that sell them.

kmac do custom height springs don't know how good they are though never used them before. or you can go for the other names like king springs, eibach, tein, etc.

the grill you refer to is most likely to be the mugen sports grill not sure where you can get them from here in australia or you can try your luck on ebay

akina
19-03-2008, 11:14 AM
ooo i have a neighbour :)

just go order one from IS motor racing in rockdale. but i like the euroR grill > mugen

and i dont think tein springs go that low, gotta check~

iizzii
19-03-2008, 11:34 AM
thanx heaps.
im heading out to burwood now :D

traumatized
19-03-2008, 11:44 AM
thanx heaps.

if them a ring before you head out there, last thing you want to do it turn up and they say they don't have it in stock, but then again you can always order it there and then.

iizzii
19-03-2008, 11:53 AM
already rang up :D

Mike Star
19-03-2008, 12:02 PM
just in regards to the k&n drop in filter if you want travell down to Burwood and within westfield theres a shop there called Motoequip that sell them.

kmac do custom height springs don't know how good they are though never used them before. or you can go for the other names like king springs, eibach, tein, etc.

the grill you refer to is most likely to be the mugen sports grill not sure where you can get them from here in australia or you can try your luck on ebay

Is this a filter that will fit into the standard air filter box on the Euro? If so what benefits if any are there of doing this?
Thanks heaps,
Mike

Mike Star
19-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Go for the Euro R Grille and Badge. IMO it is nicer and somehow also seems to fit/integrate to the car better. ISMotoracing at Rockdale is the place to go unless someone is selling one on the forum.
Cheers

iizzii
19-03-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah it is just a filter that drops straight in the the stock airbox, u get a bit of a louder sound, and from what ive been told by a friend that has one on a prelude, he gets the slightest bit of power gain, not much though.

Euro1011
19-03-2008, 12:50 PM
If you want can try the K&N Typhoon CAI. I think one of the OzH trader sells it (RaceNation).
There are also other brands out there to choose from. Just need to research and see which one suits you. There is also a thread on air filter and comparison.

Mike Star
19-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks Euro 1011 and iizzii appreciate your advice.
I'll have a look at the thread and might try one of these filters.
Cheers,
Mike

traumatized
19-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Is this a filter that will fit into the standard air filter box on the Euro? If so what benefits if any are there of doing this?
Thanks heaps,
Mike

honestly i don't see or feel any gains, the sound doesn't increase much either imo. but people have stated it gives them slightly better fuel consumption and some gains ever so slighty

really in the long term it saves you some money as it is a re-usable filter so you don't need to buy replacement air filters.

Mike Star
21-03-2008, 10:51 PM
thanx heaps.

Just following up on the air filter issue.
Did you get the drop in replacement air filter for your Euro? Was it a K&N Filter? Do you have a Part No and a cost? Which supplier did you end up using? Are you happy with it?
Thanks heaps.

iizzii
23-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Motoequip Burwood Westfields
Paid just over $100 for it
K&N
um i do have the part number but its on the filter itself and the box is long gone....just ring up motoequip at burwood and find out.
Yeah pretty happy with it, made it a little louder and meaner sounding as for power, i havent noticed much of an increase but then again i could just be hearing it and feeling that there is a power increase....

tony1234
24-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Motoequip Burwood Westfields
Paid just over $100 for it
K&N
um i do have the part number but its on the filter itself and the box is long gone....just ring up motoequip at burwood and find out.
Yeah pretty happy with it, made it a little louder and meaner sounding as for power, i havent noticed much of an increase but then again i could just be hearing it and feeling that there is a power increase....
Team it up with a Comptech Icebox and you'll notice more of an improvement in power in the low to midrange.:thumbsup:

power_of_dreams
24-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Just following up on the air filter issue.
Did you get the drop in replacement air filter for your Euro? Was it a K&N Filter? Do you have a Part No and a cost? Which supplier did you end up using? Are you happy with it?
Thanks heaps.

Mike Star, the part number for K&N drop in filter is 33-2276 suit all Accord Euro years.

The cheapest I have seen local is $100, but most shops will retail for $120. Have a snoop on eBay. You can get them imported for ~$70 landed.

If you get off eBay have a look if they sell the reoiling kit as well so you can save on shipping.
This guy (http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Curve) sells both the reoiling kit and the filter.

Here's a start!
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/K-N-33-2276_W0QQ_nkwZKQ26NQ2033Q2d2276QQLHQ5fSellerWithSt oreZ1QQ_sasZ1QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ2

Mike Star
24-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Mike Star, the part number for K&N drop in filter is 33-2276 suit all Accord Euro years.

The cheapest I have seen local is $100, but most shops will retail for $120. Have a snoop on eBay. You can get them imported for ~$70 landed.

If you get off eBay have a look if they sell the reoiling kit as well so you can save on shipping.
This guy (http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Curve) sells both the reoiling kit and the filter.

Here's a start!
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/K-N-33-2276_W0QQ_nkwZKQ26NQ2033Q2d2276QQLHQ5fSellerWithSt oreZ1QQ_sasZ1QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ2

Thanks heaps for the links and info.
Cheers

BraXta
25-03-2008, 12:29 AM
got my K&N panel filter for 50 bucks =D

just look around Ebay aus and Ebay US..

I got the part number from K&N itself and searched that on Ebay aus and US ... you get better results that way.

curik
25-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Braxta, how much did it cost shipped?

iizzii
25-03-2008, 09:53 AM

I got the part number from K&N itself and searched that on Ebay aus and US ... you get better results that way.

just for a bit of help for anyone else looking for one of these what was the part number baxta

power_of_dreams
25-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I posted it above. It is 33-2276

Mike Star
25-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Hi there,
I just found the K&N Panel Filter for $32 to $48 for the same part depending which company. The hitch is shipping ranging from $55 USPS to over $100 UPS or Fed Ex!

Cheaper to buy here.

EK Civic R
26-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey Mike,
If you living in Blue Mountain area, try HJC Motorports in Penrith.
I think they stock K&N there as well..
Bit closer to you than Burwood...

Mike Star
26-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Hey Mike,
If you living in Blue Mountain area, try HJC Motorports in Penrith.
I think they stock K&N there as well..
Bit closer to you than Burwood...

Thanks heaps buddy. Appreciate it. I'll give then a call.
Found one on e-Bay late yesterday and he sent me a quote for K&N Drop in Filter and Shipping for $76.49 USD all up. :wave:

power_of_dreams
26-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Good price, especially now $AU is so strong.

Mike Star
26-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Good price, especially now $AU is so strong.
Yeah that's $83.61 today. I don't think we can buy it here for that low can we? It's always closer to $100 or even $100+
Cheers

MiSloVic
19-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I saw this this auction over at oztion.com recently.

http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/auction.aspx?itemid=4986912&d=&sort=0&pg=1&cat=215&view=List&f1=&f2=&type2=&type3=&type4=&type5=&s=&pcode=&dis=0&freepost=

still $100 delivered, though. for about $10 dollars more, i might save myself the hassle of buying from US ebay.

so far, i gathered, the benefits are its reusability and slightly louder intake. are there any actual power gains at all? how about fuel consumption? most users claimed better economy, will this apply to the Euro?

power_of_dreams
20-07-2008, 03:54 PM
if you are looking for k&n panel go on ebay motors.
$40 + postage from US

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__K-n-tsx_W0QQ_nkwZKQ26nQ20tsxQQ_fxdZ1

xsite85
21-07-2008, 06:29 PM
i just purchased the 2006 mugen sports grill off ebay costed me around $180 AUD

all i need to do now is get it sprayed and installed.

there are 2 type of mugen grills 2004 and mugen 2006 sports grill

check it out here:

http://www.boomplustoys.net/mugen_accord.shtml

it all depends on your model also, i hope this helps

Crapdaz
21-07-2008, 06:36 PM

check it out here:

there have always been two models one for the 2003-2005 models, and 2006 onwards which has the slightly wider grill.

good buy though btw if your not going for a bodykit, but imho the euro r grill looks alot better than mugen unless your going full mugen bumper.

power_of_dreams
21-07-2008, 10:17 PM

check it out here:

authentic or replica?

Crapdaz
21-07-2008, 10:27 PM
authentic for that price would be a bargain normally would be $400+ incl painted.

xsite85
22-07-2008, 09:48 PM
authentic or replica?

i'm pretty sure it was authentic, with the box and instruction manual in japanese

if someone can show me how to upload picture to this forum

would show you some pictures now..:D

Crapdaz
24-07-2008, 10:34 AM
i'm pretty sure it was authentic, with the box and instruction manual in japanese

if someone can show me how to upload picture to this forum

would show you some pictures now..:D

use photo hosting sites like photobucket or imageshack

then add link and put the directlink and it should show up.

xsite85
24-07-2008, 04:28 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb206/kensou75/IMG_0604.jpg

Crapdaz
25-07-2008, 08:08 AM
yep 06+

xsite85
25-07-2008, 03:13 PM
yep 06+

i do have the ebay link of where i purchased it.. pm me

Crapdaz
25-07-2008, 03:20 PM
i do have the ebay link of where i purchased it.. pm me
nah not interest got kit already but need it installed which replaces the whole front grill + bumper.

But good buy anyways. show us photos when installed.