PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Lower My Euro ??

iizzii
19-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I want to lower my euro, but i dont know how far to go :S
Currently im sitting on 18's and nothing else, i want to take away the pointy looking front of a stock accord by lowering it or us there a better option ?

Here is a pic so you can all see what its like atm.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj26/iizzii_ii/19032008175.jpg?t=1205900235

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj26/iizzii_ii/19032008174.jpg?t=1205900266

r-r-redEuro
19-03-2008, 02:33 PM
im guessing eeryone on this forum, would say dump it on it asss, and this topic has been covered alot about how low to go and what coils or setup to use.

use the search function next time please

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86054&highlight=lowering+the+euro
http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78356&highlight=lowering+the+euro

but for my opinion, dump it where the wheel nearly touches the arch by 1 mm.

iizzii
19-03-2008, 02:42 PM
sorry forgot to mention, that ive already searched and read both those two posts, but still cant decide on how much i should actually lower it, if anyone has pictures of their own cars lowered or lipped please can you show me...

Oh also i dont have $1.5-2k for coilovers is there a cheaper less damaging way to do this other then springs?

traumatized
19-03-2008, 02:50 PM
cheaper coilovers? second hand?

one of the traders here have the tein ss going for $1300, or you can go for like D2 of G4 coilovers i think they range at the $1000 mark, seen some on ebay before.

there is a set of mugen coilovers for sale that drop your car by 35mm but there is no further height adjustment to it so 35mm is as long as your car will get on it.

aaronng
19-03-2008, 02:57 PM
sorry forgot to mention, that ive already searched and read both those two posts, but still cant decide on how much i should actually lower it, if anyone has pictures of their own cars lowered or lipped please can you show me...

Oh also i dont have $1.5-2k for coilovers is there a cheaper less damaging way to do this other then springs?

ONLY YOU can decide how low you want to go. We can't decide it for you.

There are a few limits to how much you can lower:
1) Scrape the guard from lowering too much
2) Wear out the shocks from lowering using lowering spring but stock shocks. The limit before the shocks wear prematurely is about 1.5 - 2 inches. Alternatively, use lowered shocks or coils. A good lowered shock and spring combo like Eibach and Bilstein will cost close to a set of Tein SS.
3) Wear out the CV joints from lowering too much. By too much, I mean obscenely too much and you still fang the car hard and do hard cornering eventhough the car is already sitting on its ass.
4) Road quality.
5) Cops.

iizzii
19-03-2008, 03:09 PM
well sydney roads are shithouse
as for sydney cops i know what i think but posting it on here will either cause me to get bumpped or kicked from the forum..
i only want to go about 2 1/2 inches max!

aaronng
19-03-2008, 03:25 PM
2 1/2", then go either Eibach + Bilstein/Koni or Tein SS.

hooyn
19-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I got tein SS, installed sunday. about 1 finger gap between wheel and arch. sitting on 18". gives the car a completely different and fantastic look imo. handling feels. i might post up some photoes later on.

SiReal
19-03-2008, 03:52 PM
once u lower, and its not low enough, u'll want to go lower and lower and lower

i've been through 5 suspension configurations since i got my car (each time involved a spring/shock de-install and re-install.

I'm finally on the lowest i can possibly go. But its still not right. so I suggest coilover for the sake of acheiving your desired look.

iizzii
19-03-2008, 04:34 PM
no worries thanx for the heads up, by the looks of it ill be just saving up a bit extra and getting coilovers...

raz05
19-03-2008, 04:41 PM
just go for coilovers like Tein SS, some seller here is selling it cheap like 1300

Bo0o0ost
19-03-2008, 07:04 PM
DAMN!
Mines rolling on 18s and only lowered a touch and it sits no where near that man!
Im considering coils aswell on mine
You dont want to do too low because if you hit a bump or anything too quick you can trigger the air bags and then you are in deeeeeeep trouble
Honda at Livo are having issues with a guy who wanted his euro lowered b4 he got it, they did it and this happened to him so just be careful

2.25 all round, perfect

r-r-redEuro
19-03-2008, 07:29 PM
wow you can ask honda to lower your car before yo uget it ? o.O" should of done that lol

blk05gli
19-03-2008, 07:49 PM
wow you can ask honda to lower your car before yo uget it ? o.O" should of done that lol

OT - its up to the dealer involved.

Rein
19-03-2008, 09:06 PM
once u lower, and its not low enough, u'll want to go lower and lower and lower

i've been through 5 suspension configurations since i got my car (each time involved a spring/shock de-install and re-install.

I'm finally on the lowest i can possibly go. But its still not right. so I suggest coilover for the sake of acheiving your desired look.

agreed... ive dropped in total 11cm on my euro.. and for me.. its still not enuf.. =(

Rein
19-03-2008, 09:11 PM
no worries thanx for the heads up, by the looks of it ill be just saving up a bit extra and getting coilovers...

hey mate i saw your car last week.. i work at ANZ, sooo i usually park my car just a few blocks away from pacific.. do u park your car outside?? because i think i parked on your street. imo i reckon you should get Coilovers... its worth it... because then you wouldnt have to worry about being too low or its not low enough.. i adjust the ride height myself on my euro so its really convenient for me..

acura_ek1
19-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I thinking about getting Buddyclubs N+ any good? How is the comfort?

aaronng
19-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I thinking about getting Buddyclubs N+ any good? How is the comfort?

THey have 12kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear springs. To compare, Tein SS has 8kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear. So N+ will be stiffer than SS.

Crapdaz
30-06-2008, 11:52 AM
bringing up something old, just wondering if the stock euro suspension heights are the same from Front (left and right) and Rear (left and right) or are they slightly different to offset the road camber?

otherwise i'll have to go grab my stockies underneath the house and measure =P

aaronng
30-06-2008, 11:57 AM
bringing up something old, just wondering if the stock euro suspension heights are the same from Front (left and right) and Rear (left and right) or are they slightly different to offset the road camber?

otherwise i'll have to go grab my stockies underneath the house and measure =P
Each corner has a slightly different height. Front right is lower than front left by 1cm, if I remember.

Crapdaz
30-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Each corner has a slightly different height. Front right is lower than front left by 1cm, if I remember.

Did you set your coilovers the same proportion to the stock height?

aaronng
30-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Did you set your coilovers the same proportion to the stock height?

Yes, sort of. After putting coils on and lowering based on corner balancing, the front right is still lower than the front left!

Blitzen
30-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm in the market to install coilovers on the CL9 as well, but has anyone seen the front wheels drive shaft of the CL9 Euro? because I remember going to see my mates install coilovers on his WRX, it's drive shafts was at about 90' angle to the wheels when under load, after lowering it on coilovers to minimum legal height, you could see the drive shafts pointing up... like 60' angle... that's no good isn't it?... I could see problems later on in that area and vibrations etc. dose the Euro do that?

Wildcard342
30-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Just got a euro and was wondering if the tien coilovers are the same for the US tsx acura as i have seen some good deals on some of their forums and would like to get some.

Crapdaz
30-06-2008, 06:27 PM
my coilovers are suited to CL7 and they fit fine

aaronng
30-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Just got a euro and was wondering if the tien coilovers are the same for the US tsx acura as i have seen some good deals on some of their forums and would like to get some.

Yes, they are the same. Make sure if you have a Lux, to transfer the HID level mount from the front left damper to the coilover.

Wildcard342
30-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for that. When I get some cash I will throw some on and hopefully a set of 19 inch mags. There are some lovely cars here running 19's.

Crapdaz
01-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for that. When I get some cash I will throw some on and hopefully a set of 19 inch mags. There are some lovely cars here running 19's.

sounds good imo i prefer performance setup so lightweigt wheels and max of 18" then dump it a bit.

Wildcard342
01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I have had the v8's the wrx's and the rx7's. This car is more about relaxed style and comfort for me. Probably won't modify the engine at all in this one and hopefully keep it for a long time. This is more what I am looking for.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1076/mycl9dm0wy2.jpg

.QD
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I have had the v8's the wrx's and the rx7's. This car is more about relaxed style and comfort for me. Probably won't modify the engine at all in this one and hopefully keep it for a long time. This is more what I am looking for.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1076/mycl9dm0wy2.jpg

^ love that Euro. Simple and clean. Love those wheels too.

Crapdaz
08-07-2008, 10:00 PM
hey guys, just clarifying something from after lowering my euro and getting camber/wheel alignment done. I had 1 stuff up already from previous guy who refused to do the alignment with ingalls rear camber kit, and within the day my alignment was stuffed cause i think he didnt tighten the front tyres properly.

but what i want to clarify is the ingalls camber kit how there are two jam nuts on both ends that lock the length in position. I was just wondering if they are both LH/RH (clockwise tighten? anticlockwise tighten?) threaded, so i can let the alignment place know to only adjust one side of the arm.

Thnx in advance. daz

aaronng
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
hey guys, just clarifying something from after lowering my euro and getting camber/wheel alignment done. I had 1 stuff up already from previous guy who refused to do the alignment with ingalls rear camber kit, and within the day my alignment was stuffed cause i think he didnt tighten the front tyres properly.

but what i want to clarify is the ingalls camber kit how there are two jam nuts on both ends that lock the length in position. I was just wondering if they are both LH/RH (clockwise tighten? anticlockwise tighten?) threaded, so i can let the alignment place know to only adjust one side of the arm.

Thnx in advance. daz
Go to a different tyre shop for alignment. You loosen both lock nuts, one is anticlockwise to loosen and the other is clockwise to loosen. Then you turn the middle to adjust the length. You don't adjust one side. You adjust the whole length by adjusting the middle.

Crapdaz
09-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Go to a different tyre shop for alignment. You loosen both lock nuts, one is anticlockwise to loosen and the other is clockwise to loosen. Then you turn the middle to adjust the length. You don't adjust one side. You adjust the whole length by adjusting the middle.
yeh, but the problem is to tighten the inner side there spanners don't fit cause where the head of the arm slips into the bracket is in the way, or did you just hand tight them?

aaronng
09-07-2008, 10:24 AM
yeh, but the problem is to tighten the inner side there spanners don't fit cause where the head of the arm slips into the bracket is in the way, or did you just hand tight them?

Did you put on your camber kit with the end fittings at equal lengths on each side? I have no problem getting the spanner on.

Crapdaz
09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Did you put on your camber kit with the end fittings at equal lengths on each side? I have no problem getting the spanner on.

well it's mainly the toe arm thats more inaccessible.

and yes i did, when i put it on i set it approximately the same as the stock length.

aaronng
09-07-2008, 10:52 AM
and yes i did, when i put it on i set it approximately the same as the stock length.

What about the length of the left and right fittings? You know how you have threads on each end. Did you put them on with equal length?

Crapdaz
09-07-2008, 10:55 AM
What about the length of the left and right fittings? You know how you have threads on each end. Did you put them on with equal length?
from what i did yes, but the guy might have changed it when he stuffed my alignment.

anyhow i might need to take them off and reinstall them again.

aaronng
09-07-2008, 01:33 PM
from what i did yes, but the guy might have changed it when he stuffed my alignment.

anyhow i might need to take them off and reinstall them again.

If you installed it at equal length, then it should still be equal length now unless he took off one side of the camber arm off the hub to adjust it. I just had my alignment done at Bridgestone tyre centre and blacktown. The guy didn't have problems adjusting it at all.