PDA

View Full Version : Deadening Doors

nedgeworth
02-09-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm looking to either pay to have my doors completely deaden or do it myself. I was just wondering how much i would be up for in terms of material costs. Looking to do both the inner and outa skin of both doors of my EG civic. SO quite a large door. Was also wondering what sound deader i should be using as well.

I'm currently getting very sick of the rattle and the poor job that was done first time round on my doors.

na
02-09-2004, 08:37 PM
about 130 for door kit which will be enough for 2 door in a 4-door car.
coupes & hatches have longer door...

brand dfq or dynamat...

DIY job is not that hard...

tegboy
03-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Sound deadening will make a HUGE difference to the sound of your car. Bass will increase, road noise will drop. I have SD'ed all my cars. Highly recommended. Dynamat and G-Spot have always worked for me.

/good luck

h17am
07-09-2004, 03:51 AM
here's a pic of my dead doors..

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wNTUwMjE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

you can do it yourself its very2 easy, just measure, cut and stick. clean everything first tho so it sticks properly and won't come off over time. If you wanna do both inner and outer layers, you would prob need abt 2 sqm. which is ard 2 Dynamat door kits. so that should be around 250-300 bux, depending on your haggling skills.. I find that dynamat is indeed a lot better than others such as DFQ/G-spot for unlevel surfaces. If the surface ur deadening is relatively flat, then DFQ/G-Spot is fine, but irregular shape n so on, dynamat is the way to go... easier to mold and shape.

nedgeworth
07-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Nice work man!!! Mines on hold until i get my new ride.

saboteur
16-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Does it weigh much? Also I have a sedan, will it make much of a difference if I just do the front doors?

R96P-EJ8
16-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Wait till they re-release G-Spot. Their new products should be coming out soon. Probably in a few weeks. Should be cheaper than dynamat but still as good :)

Fhrx
21-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Re-release G-Spot? Hey?

We've been selling all along. They're bringing out a few new products for us based on our R&D but Serenity and Serenity Max never went anywhere dude. :)

Fhrx
21-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Does it weigh much? Also I have a sedan, will it make much of a difference if I just do the front doors?

1 roll (which is what we recommend for a pair of doors) weighs in at around 4kg. As fort he difference, it's worth it's weight in gold! :D:D

luzinit
30-09-2004, 02:27 AM
How much does 1 roll cost Fhrx?
Where else could/should you sound deaden besides the doors?

Fhrx
30-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Each roll goes for $120 as is 1 x 1.3 meters. The Serenity Max is 4kg per meter.

Basically you place the deadening all around the speakers, between panels and on any flat surfaces to stop noise coming through. Even better still is if you can do the entire car but this tends to get a little expensive. :(