PDA

View Full Version : Removing Side Stickers

CivicSi
20-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Looking at purchasing a new car... Hopefully a delsol. I've found this white one for sale, and i have some good ideas for what i would like to do with it... Just a couple of questions;

How hard would it be to remove the stickers that are plastered down the side? How would i go about doing it? (I'm thinking hair dryer and peeling slowly, but if you guys know better please let me know!)

Also, can front lips from an EG be fitted to a delsol? I've had trouble finding lips to fit this car...

Also, is the pcd on these cars 4x100 and offset about 45? I've got a set of bronze wheels i'd like to put on it, but not sure if they'll fit!

Thanks people!

Sydsyd
20-03-2008, 10:59 AM
stickers: hairdryer (set it on the hottest setting) or heat gun then use methylated spirit to take off the glue residue...

front lip from EG cannot fit delsol cos each have different bumper shape to another...u'll have to modify it to a certain extend to fit, i know it has been done b4 (i think 1 of the forum members here, forgot who)...

for wheels, the easiest way to find out is to try fitting urself, or ask other members who have delsols...

edit: delsols and EGs have the same stud pattern, 4x100...not too sure about the offset, better ask delsol owners here;)

Jump
20-03-2008, 01:48 PM
well i assume they are 4x100 coz i put civic alloys on them

blueintegraboy
20-03-2008, 05:04 PM
The stud pattern is indeed 4x100. Generally a good offset for the Del Sol, as well as EGs and non-ITR DCs is anywhere between +40 to +45.

Here's a really good writeup on how to mount an EG front lip on a Del Sol...

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1528222

The end result...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/fastertyper/DSC01725edited.jpg

denmase
20-03-2008, 06:04 PM
To remove the sticky stuff ... go to Bunnings and get a product " goo-off " or " disolve-it ".

nick_sixx
20-03-2008, 06:31 PM
i used acetone (correct spelling?) and a blowdryer. works a treat, then just cut and polish it smooth

aznpsuazn
20-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I think you should leave the stickers on. They look cool!

Spoon-Accord
20-03-2008, 08:47 PM
removing those stickers will be a complete b*&ch

due to the fact its been on the car for so many years, the sticky bits have probably got concrete solid

hard dryer metho to soak the sticker and you should be fine,

use a credit card or atm card to help aswell :)

CivicSi
20-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys.... really excited at some of the ideas i've got swimming around in my head for what i plan to do! If anyone has some pics of some nice JDM delsol gen3 CRXs post em up as inspiration! (No sexpec pls!!!:thumbdwn:)