PDA

View Full Version : Towbar

petrovski
02-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Has anyone got a towbar on their jazz?

ive got one bc ive got a boat but has anyone got one put on their jazz?

Pete :)

Kit
02-09-2004, 11:57 AM
i'm thinking of putting a tow bar on the gf's jazz too, cos i wanna use it to tow a boat too :P

Jus-10
02-09-2004, 12:05 PM
You use the Jazz to tow a boat? That sounds funny...

Must be a pretty small boat man. Can you take a picture of your Jazz with the boat all hooked up and ready to tow? That's not the sort of thing you see every day....

Kit
02-09-2004, 12:36 PM
its the only car i have access to that can fit a tow bar!

petrovski
02-09-2004, 01:35 PM
yeah ive got a photo somewhere i think

ill have look if not ill take another one.

it does look a bit funny bc it is a jazz and not many ppl would consider it a towing machine. I think the boat is longer than the jazz form memory, the trailer definitely is. :p

the boats only 14ft and apparently with trailer weighs in around the 600kg mark according to the boat salesmen . . .

i cant remeber the recommended weights but its heavier and it can do the job well :)

it tows it well. i take it easy and only ever get in 3rd with very early breaking.
my only only concern when towing was the clutch bc trying to do a hill start it takes a few revs and at the same time trying not to stall.

i once tried taking it up this BIG hill (chicken hill if you kow bonnet bay/como/jannali area) without a run up and the steeper it got the slower the car got and was working my way down the gears and got to first and there is a side street near the top i was able to pull in to otherwise it would of been very close as to whether or not i would of made it :o

also i only ever tow it at most about 3 or 4 km bc were lucky to live near the water. my gf has a farm down at nowra so am wanting to tow it down there. if it ever happens ill let you know :)

FIT
03-09-2004, 03:03 AM
i think i remember reading it somewhere that jazz are only allowed to tow a small load.. if i can remember it correctly.. check the manual handbook.. i think there might be some information about the towing capacity of the Jazz.

petrovski
04-09-2004, 05:02 AM
they put a sticker on the drivers door panel near the wheel sticker but i cant remeber the recommended towing weights

edit:
max load on the towball is 70kg
manual is 1000kg
automatic is 800kg
unbraked trailer is 450kg