PDA

View Full Version : moving recaros

marky53
20-03-2008, 02:48 PM
hey guys Ive tried searching this one and cant find any info....

My car is a dc2r, with factory recaros.

the problem I'm having is that when I take a corner pretty hard, my driver's side recaro seat feels like its moving slightly depending on the direction of the turn.... This only happens occassionaly....

It also makes a clunking sort of sound, then returns back to its position.... When I say moving slightly, I mean it must deviate about 1cm or 2.... Ive looked at all the obvious parts from outside, but am really lost....

Anyone got any tips/ideas?????

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps, ozhonda members have been very helpful!!!!

Mark

Zilli
20-03-2008, 02:56 PM
it's a common problem man, when i got my car new, i took it back, and they said it was a normal noise with the recaro's... dont worry about it dude

Icegroove
20-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah I've had the same symptoms as marky53....and only happens on hard cornering. Glad to hear its 'normal'....

marky53
20-03-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks guys, I thought there might be something loose under the seat..... guess I'll just have to put up with it when cornering..... hard.....

Bludger
20-03-2008, 04:39 PM
its not normal, just throw away your old ones and buy new ones

Zilli
20-03-2008, 05:40 PM
for ****s sake

dc2r_fAn
20-03-2008, 05:44 PM
lol hahahahah bludger made a excellent point there :D

Bludger
20-03-2008, 05:49 PM
its a seat, with a visual inspection, anyone can tell if the seat is ****ed up or not

ricki_kalsi
20-03-2008, 09:34 PM
OK... um this is NOT normal.

Yes I have heard of DC2R recaros doing this, but it's NOT a normal thing for a seat to be doing.

Bludger made a good point here, if I were you, i'd be selling those seats to a noob, and buying a set of Brides.

dupac->
20-03-2008, 09:37 PM
rofl @ selling the seat to a noob

ahaha be on a watch out for marky53 selling recaros
lol

ricki_kalsi
20-03-2008, 09:42 PM
it's a common problem man, when i got my car new, i took it back, and they said it was a normal noise with the recaro's... dont worry about it dude

Also just wondering... you went to Honda and asked if the seats are meant to move around. They said it's normal - so you moved on with your life excepted that seats are suppose to move 1-2cm's and make clunking noises.

Weeeiiirdddddd... If that was me, I would have made them change the seats for new ones!

Zilli
21-03-2008, 01:01 PM
the base of the backrest part of the seat moves from side to side about 1cm when your weight shifts during heavy cornering... ive owned the car since new and lived with it for 8 years... not once have a felt that they are unsafe...

Actually, i would easily depend my entire life on them without a thought... if you get yourself into a situation where the structural integrity of the seat is in question, you are probably going to die anyway

Take any other seat and take a look at how the entire seat will flex and move around when you are cornering, grab the seat and get rough with it and see the flex and the movement of the seat...

There is no need to sell your seat to anyone or do anything at all with it... if you want to waste money and **** around then sell them like others here have said... like i said, ive had my car for 8 year FROM NEW, and im not a sunday driver... listen to experience or stupidity... it's your call

Fuzz21
21-03-2008, 01:22 PM
ive got a dc5r the thing is paracticly new and when turning hard mine does the same... my brothers dc5r does the same and so does my mates..
and my cuzs dc2r.. ive asked around and they say its a normal thing and not to stress unless ofcorse ur kissin the window or the passanger seat when u turn.. no need to sell mate

Bludger
21-03-2008, 04:58 PM
its not normal, just throw away your old ones and buy new onessarcasm

but seriously

its easy to tell if your seat if ****ed up or not

marky53
21-03-2008, 05:48 PM
thanks for useful comments about the recaros.... you know who you are..... case closed.....