PDA

View Full Version : New 2009 Acura TSX

mugen88
20-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Well I gotta say that the guys at Honda USA could have done a better job of the front grill on new Acura TSX. Looks like they didnt put much effort into it. :thumbdwn:

However for those that dont know this is the US version of the new Accord Euro.

The interior looks good as always for Acura. :p

Click on pics for larger images.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8933/image005so4.th.jpg (http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image005so4.jpg)
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8634/image004cr1.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image004cr1.jpg)
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8120/image003kn1.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image003kn1.jpg)
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9876/image002as6.th.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image002as6.jpg)
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3726/image006ll4.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image006ll4.jpg)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8104/image001cf2.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image001cf2.jpg)

Darkii_
20-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Woah that is one ugly ugly grill. Like the new position of the sat nav but, looks different kinda like the bmw one.

skyflyer
20-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Would this be the basis for the next Honda Accord Japan? No, I'm not talking about Honda Inspire (a.k.a. Accord Australia/USA), which has already been released.

xanctus
20-03-2008, 08:36 PM
mamamia, grille is quite sad...

Spoon-Accord
20-03-2008, 08:45 PM
honestly, i dont find it attractive, rear lights look funny, reminds me of another car,

front grill, can always be changed, because after market ones will be realeased

front head lights... abit futuristic. abit of a reshape on the edges would go nice..

interior is hot!
lol

Mike Star
20-03-2008, 09:38 PM
There's not much about the exterior that I like at all. The grille is absolutely horrible and the lights are leaving me pretty cold too. The interior isn't sporty IMO but it is quite nice.

SPQR
21-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Would this be the basis for the next Honda Accord Japan? No, I'm not talking about Honda Inspire (a.k.a. Accord Australia/USA), which has already been released.

Apart from the ugly grille, this is the new AUS/NZ Accord Euro, European Accord and JDM Accord. These are the basis for the Acura TSX.

m0nty ITR
21-03-2008, 02:05 PM
The new Euro makes the Liberty more and more desirable. Subaru will be pointing and laughing at this latest effort.

aaronng
21-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Yeah, like SPQR said, the TSX is based on the Japan Accord (again)

Chris_F
21-03-2008, 02:26 PM
according to some of the '1st drives' in the states, the car has put on about 150pounds (due to structural reinforcements).

I wonder if they'll bother putting the k20a in the euro-R again at that weight.. 1500kg+ and 200nm of torque :(

m0nty ITR
21-03-2008, 02:52 PM
according to some of the '1st drives' in the states, the car has put on about 150pounds (due to structural reinforcements).

I wonder if they'll bother putting the k20a in the euro-R again at that weight.. 1500kg+ and 200nm of torque :(

Wasn't the Euro R a tuned K24 to get over the extra weight of the CL9 chassis?

aaronng
21-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Wasn't the Euro R a tuned K24 to get over the extra weight of the CL9 chassis?
No. EuroR had a 162kW K20A.

r-r-redEuro
21-03-2008, 03:38 PM
i want that 162kw K20A in my car =P droolssss

Chris_F
21-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Honestly, I'd rather a tuned k24 :)

hooyn
21-03-2008, 03:55 PM
5 series, 307 ?

skyflyer
21-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Apart from the ugly grille, this is the new AUS/NZ Accord Euro, European Accord and JDM Accord. These are the basis for the Acura TSX.

Very sad to know. Not a nice looking Accord in my opinion (at least compared to other recent medium class cars like Mazda6 even though it's not my taste either lol).

Make me love my CD Accord more each day hahaha. The best Accord Honda has ever made look-wise, with Japanese CF comes as close second. Then current Euro third.

Blitzen
21-03-2008, 09:27 PM
what's with the flat oversized wheel arches... and it's quite a sad car - front and back

r-r-redEuro
22-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Honestly, I'd rather a tuned k24 :)

oh but then i can tune that also and can more kw, =P 13nm of torque isnt that much is it ? =P

IAMVTEC
22-03-2008, 03:12 AM
absolutely awful from every angle

blk05gli
22-03-2008, 01:43 PM
absolutely awful from every angle

damm, my lease is up for renewal end of 08 - i was all excited about the new euro.........jetta TDI will be my replacement i think?

my_vtec77
22-03-2008, 09:02 PM
This is really really ugly car. It doesn't have indicator on side mirrors anymore. Like IAMVTEC said it's awful from every angle.

Even Hyundai Sonata looks way better than that.

I love Euro/TSX very much but this is make me down..:(

evolution42
22-03-2008, 11:44 PM
If you'd like to see 147 full-res (1600x1200) pictures of the new TSX, here's your link:

http://www.netcarshow.com/acura/2009-tsx/

Euro76
23-03-2008, 10:06 AM
The grill is hideous! But that's not all...look at the updated Acura RL (a.k.a Honda Legend), it is same grill again. Looks like Acura is following Audi's suit (where Audi's trademark "waterfall" grill), but Acura has failed.

SPQR
23-03-2008, 08:44 PM
This is really really ugly car. It doesn't have indicator on side mirrors anymore. Like IAMVTEC said it's awful from every angle.

Take a closer look at the TSX images. It does have tiny side mirror indicators! Phew! Almost had to take the Euro off the shopping list.

I think we should wait to see the Euro in the metal/plastic. It might even look good with its extra 3 inches of width. It'll give it a wider, more planted-on-the-road stance.

splashalot2000
23-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I think we should wait to see the Euro in the metal/plastic. It might even look good with its extra 3 inches of width. .

Won't the new Euro (edit: look) basically the same as the TSX - just with a different, but no less ugly, grill?

aaronng
23-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Won't the new Euro be basically the same as the TSX - just with a different, but no less ugly, grill?

New Euro will have less power than the TSX.... 2006 TSX had 205hp SAE, equivalent to 215hp. 2008 Euro advertised as 147kW or 200hp.

Chris_F
23-03-2008, 09:48 PM
apparently the new tsx is down 4hp from the previous model.

The interior in the tsx also seems to be the same as the honda branded interior. I thought the tsx and accord would get less similar as the years pass but the opposite seems to be happening.

My biggest gripe with the new accord euro (aside from the looks) is the increase in weight.

Euro76
24-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Remember the previous generation TSX? Their interior appointment seems to be more luxurious than the Australian spec Accord Euro Luxury. If you see the new luxurious TSX interior, I assume our new Accord Euro Luxury to be less luxurious? I thought so, as Acura is luxury brand of Honda and there won't be Acura over here. What do you guys think? Are Honda up for something to keep Euro a bargain luxury car?

tmy
24-03-2008, 08:06 AM
god i hope this is modified heavily before brought out in australia

aaronng
24-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Remember the previous generation TSX? Their interior appointment seems to be more luxurious than the Australian spec Accord Euro Luxury. If you see the new luxurious TSX interior, I assume our new Accord Euro Luxury to be less luxurious? I thought so, as Acura is luxury brand of Honda and there won't be Acura over here. What do you guys think? Are Honda up for something to keep Euro a bargain luxury car?

The only difference was the instrument cluster and the centre console trim. I don't think the TSX was more luxurious. Look at the pic anon-sat nav TSX, the radio is HORRENDOUS!

tony1234
24-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know how much of a weight increase there will be in the new model over the current model?

Mike Star
24-03-2008, 08:43 AM
It may have not been more luxurious but it looked that way. As you say the dash and console trim that we had to pay $600 to Honda for was standard and IMO their seats with the pin prick look leather looked better. A friend of mine in the US had a 2006 TSX and the leather dedinitely feels softer and more plush than our leather. Then there is the std equipment incl memory seats, Bluetooth, iPod/MP3 connection etc.

Euro76
24-03-2008, 01:10 PM
The only difference was the instrument cluster and the centre console trim. I don't think the TSX was more luxurious. Look at the pic anon-sat nav TSX, the radio is HORRENDOUS!

Umm yeah it looks quite lame. Btw, look at the engine bay...no i-VTEC badging and the throttle body is now black plastic instead of metal on current. Also the indicator light on the mirror, it's now little and far cry from the current :( Looks like Acura/Honda is cutting cost? Hopefully our new Euro which manufactured in Japan will not end up like this. It's a shame Honda and that's hurting Honda's reputation in build quality and craftsmanship :thumbdwn: :(

SPQR
24-03-2008, 03:03 PM
god i hope this is modified heavily before brought out in australia

Honda aren't about to do a special car for Australia in terms of a different body or interior. They'll use the equipment list for the new JDM/European Honda Accord and the new Acura TSX and delete quite a bit of equipment and hi-tech features before they release it in Australia. The grille will be the same as the JDM/European Honda Accord which is at least nicer than the new Acura TSX grille.

The engine has slightly more power and torque, the latter being better spread in the rev range and so hopefully making the car more pleasant to drive. I just hope they've fixed the current model's poor high speed stability.

SPQR
24-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know how much of a weight increase there will be in the new model over the current model?

According to Road & Track (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=6584), the new Acura TSX weighs 1,554kg. It would have more equipment than what we'd get in Australia.

The dimensions of the new car are as below with the current car in brackets:

Wheelbase: 2,707mm (2,670mm)
Length: 4,729mm (4,675mm)
Height: 1,440mm (1,445mm)
Width: 1,841mm (1,760mm)

Another website with links for all to look at: http://www.wikio.com/leisure/cars/acura/acura_tsx

power_of_dreams
24-03-2008, 10:46 PM
cheaper parts for cl9 ftw!!

aaronng
24-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Umm yeah it looks quite lame. Btw, look at the engine bay...no i-VTEC badging and the throttle body is now black plastic instead of metal on current. Also the indicator light on the mirror, it's now little and far cry from the current :( Looks like Acura/Honda is cutting cost? Hopefully our new Euro which manufactured in Japan will not end up like this. It's a shame Honda and that's hurting Honda's reputation in build quality and craftsmanship :thumbdwn: :(

i-vtec sticker doesn't make it go faster. You can buy and stick it on yourself. The throttle body is still metal. I think you meant intake plenum. Are you sure it is plastic and not black painted metal? Plastic is better as the inside is smoother than any porting can do. So it's good.

Euro76
25-03-2008, 12:48 PM
i-vtec sticker doesn't make it go faster. You can buy and stick it on yourself. The throttle body is still metal. I think you meant intake plenum. Are you sure it is plastic and not black painted metal? Plastic is better as the inside is smoother than any porting can do. So it's good.

What I meant was if Honda has made significant cost cutting to the new Euro. Yeah I meant the intake plenum as you said, I still think it's black plastic. Anyway I still love my Euro, not going to trade for the new one. Looks not much different however that backlight styling is coming from another world.

aaronng
25-03-2008, 01:09 PM
What I meant was if Honda has made significant cost cutting to the new Euro. Yeah I meant the intake plenum as you said, I still think it's black plastic. Anyway I still love my Euro, not going to trade for the new one. Looks not much different however that backlight styling is coming from another world.

You're right, it is plastic. Plastic is good. Even the FD2R has metal intake runners which are plastic coated on the inside for reducing turbulence.

pprior
31-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Anyway I still love my Euro, not going to trade for the new one. Looks not much different however that backlight styling is coming from another world.

Looks are a very subjective issue. I just returned from North America and checked out the Acura TSX, at the Acura dealership. This is a very nice looking car. I hope the leather trim used comes to Australia, as it is very nice.

Would I buy a sell out Honda Euro, or buy the new Euro??

Definitely the new Euro in my Book.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Type R Positive
31-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Any price details yet?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks alright?

tony1234
01-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Any price details yet?

I think it's another 1-2K more than current model but with more features.BTW i think it looks good.:pType R Positive,have you still got your Euro?

Euro76
01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Road & Track magazine in US have recorded 6.7 secs for 0-60mph sprint for new Acura TSX. 60mph is 97km/h so once it reach 100km/h I think the sprint time will be 7.0-7.2 secs. It's definitely faster than the old Euro ;)

yfin
01-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Road & Track magazine in US have recorded 6.7 secs for 0-60mph sprint for new Acura TSX. 60mph is 97km/h so once it reach 100km/h I think the sprint time will be 7.0-7.2 secs. It's definitely faster than the old Euro ;)

Will we get the same spec engine? And what about final drive? The TSX always had a shorter 4.7 final drive compared to the Euro. The TSX is similar to the Euro but there are many differences.

edit... can you check your source for that time. Looking at the Road and Track website they have it listed as 7.5 sec

In our testing, this front-driver — though significantly wider and a bit heavier than the last TSX — did just that, hitting 60 in 7.5 sec. and the quarter mile in 15.5 sec. at 91.1 mph. That's a respectable performance for a 3385-lb. car whose 2.4-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine produces 201 bhp at 7000 rpm and 172 lb.-ft. of torque at 4400. For the record, our test TSX had the slick-shifting 6-speed manual gearbox, not the 5-speed automatic, a no-cost option.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6833

aaronng
01-06-2008, 12:53 PM
It was from Car and Driver, not Road & Track.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/NJSTSX/CDTSX004.jpg

BiLL|z0r
01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
not the 5-speed automatic, a no-cost option.

I wonder if the auto here will be no cost. They sell more auto's than manuals here anyway.

yfin
01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks I can see from that scan it is 4.7 final drive for the new TSX - anyone have the specs on the Australian manual euro yet?

blk05gli
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
saw a blue 2008 euro on the M4 eastbound this morning. I didn't know that dealers were testing these on NSW roads - i always thought VIC had all the fun?

Euro76
01-06-2008, 03:32 PM
edit... can you check your source for that time. Looking at the Road and Track website they have it listed as 7.5 sec

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6833

My apology, I typed too fast...it was Car & Driver magazine as aaron have mentioned ;)

mattpearce
01-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I wonder if the auto here will be no cost. They sell more auto's than manuals here anyway.

Why would you give something away people are prepared to pay for? Doesn't make sense.

The fact it costs more to purhcase an auto for almost every model and yet people do infact pay extra for a worse driving experience obviously means charging for the 'feature' is a good idea.

Type R Positive
01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Why would you give something away people are prepared to pay for? Doesn't make sense.

The fact it costs more to purhcase an auto for almost every model and yet people do infact pay extra for a worse driving experience obviously means charging for the 'feature' is a good idea.
I see a few cars out there with auto at no extra cost.
It's a good selling point.

Type R Positive
01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I think it's another 1-2K more than current model but with more features.BTW i think it looks good.:pType R Positive,have you still got your Euro?
Nah mate, no euro. :eek:

Im all toyota'ed up at the moment. I got '07 corolla accent sport and '07 VX prado turbo diesel.

Missus wants another euro, I told her to just get one when we got the corolla..... BTW, the corolla shits all over the civic, but that's another story.

I am trying to decide if I want a run out model for $33k drive away or what ever they are now, or the new model. I think the new model is definately an improvement, and what I want. That interior looks slick! The exterior has definately grown on me too. It's just that no dealer will give me a price yet, as they are trying to move all the old stock.

blk05gli
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
current Euro stock must be alot, so negotiate with your dealer to see what they can throw in for a driveaway price - i'm thinking mats, tints, fogs, visors, reversing sensors, fuel vouchers, bodykit, honda gear (jacket, umbrella, caps) and free servicing etc or else you will wait for the new Euro. If they really want to move them, someone out there will meet your requirements.

Mike Star
06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Any price details yet?

Probably not but IMO it's bigger, fatter, uglier but way worse than that it's now more generic. It's lost a lot of it's individuality. :thumbdwn:

aaronng
06-06-2008, 06:21 PM
It looks pretty good actually. Look in the other thread about the new Euro on the track.

blk05gli
06-06-2008, 10:07 PM
It looks pretty good actually. Look in the other thread about the new Euro on the track.

:thumbsup:

SPQR
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM

I've been saying for a while now that it we should wait to see it before passing judgement; but I have been studying it's lines for a while now; and there are some there from the (Audi looking) photoshop image that was doing the rounds some time ago. I think it'll look really good in the flesh. The extra 3" of width (76mm) will make it look better planted and less upright.

drezy
07-06-2008, 11:12 AM
i saw the car last night in person, and was lucky enough to get to sit in the drivers seat... you can definately feel its a larger car, the interior is much nicer, the dash is huge, more futuristic the steering wheel almost like the civic type r one... looks great overall..

angel
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Just to share my experience. Last april, I saw this new TSX in L.A. Santa Monica showroom, nice leathers, they have better equip the interior gadgets, especialy the 2 driver memory seat button, the hands-free system, just about all the electronic gadgets inside the TSX, we dont get them in our Euro.

sodaz
08-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Woah that is one ugly ugly grill. Like the new position of the sat nav but, looks different kinda like the bmw one.

One ugly grill indeed. Why the hell did they do that?