PDA

View Full Version : Scratched Bumper

98octane+
21-03-2008, 10:56 AM
HI Guys, just picked up my 02' s2000 last friday and some F-head scratch across my rear bumper yesterday at my work's carpark. No security camera, so i don't know who did it. I'm just in ****en tears...... Anyway it would be greatly appreciated if you guys could recommend any good panel beater in VIC. I'll be having to fork this out of my pocket.. excess for insurance is just not worth it.

Thanks

vtek
21-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Did it go through the paint? post up some pictures.

98octane+
21-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Here is the damage... I just tried using a bit of maquire's scratch X cutter, took some of the lighter scratch of. But still some of the paint of scraped off. :confused:

ludecrs
21-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Can try 2 things.

Septone Wax & Grease remover. Will remove all the ugly white paint marks with some elbow grease.

Then turtle Wax Colour in silver. Follow directions on bottle.

Alternatively to the Turtle Wax Color treatment, a can of touch up paint.

Sampson
22-03-2008, 06:38 AM
that suxs. People never take responsibility for their actions

bodaas
22-03-2008, 09:30 AM
fark, could be your workmate did it

g.ta
22-03-2008, 04:42 PM
mehh that'll buff out

02gzm
22-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Touch up paint, very fine wet/dry sandpaper, clear coat and a few spare hours can do wonders. Just practice for a bit on something and check out some DIY's. Providing you feel confident enough to do it yourself though.

yellows2k
22-03-2008, 06:43 PM
just get one of teh chipsaway guys to come and have a look. they do a good job and its surprisingly cheap.
otherwise live with it until u sell it and then get it fixed. u never know, someone might hit u in traffic

98octane+
25-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Think i might just have to live with the scratch for now. The Scratch X did an alright job for $$, might get some touch up paint this weekend. Wanna get the 100k services first, got quoted for $500 from Honda. What do you guys reckon?? too much? or ok??

ludecrs
25-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Probably $50-$100 overpriced IMO, but then again, I don't know the history of your car, and what has or hasn't been done previously when it should have been done previously. If you know what I mean.

I highly recommend the Septone Wax & Grease remover. Will remove all the white paint, and bring back the silver underneath. Will look shit tonne better, and the only marks you will notice will be the black bumper where its rubbed back past the silver paint to the rubber.

98octane+
25-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Good point i know what you mean,well, the book has been stamped by honda every 5000k since new ( by last owner) , never missed one service. I've rang up the same service department and asked them about the 100k services, they say; spark plugs, oil, filter, overall check, and the usual i think + free service car. And the scratched marks, yes.... only thing i can see now is the black rubber back... damn it~~~!!....
Thanks

ludecrs
25-03-2008, 09:41 PM
If that's all they are doing, its overpriced IMO.

My Honda dealer is quite expensive, but I pay it because I know 1/2 of them and they are mostly quite a knowledgable bunch of people so I know its in good hands and I don't mind - but for $500, and that quota list, I'd be expecting a bit more?