PDA

View Full Version : CR-V, previous model, any dramas? Aftermarket bits?

BenettonVW
26-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey guys and gals, newbie alert, so be kind! :)

Just bought a 2000 CR-V Sport, in Nighthawk, and just wondering if there is any problems or complaints I don't know about. I work for the Honda Dealership in my town, so I know that the previous complaints consist of underpowered, average headlights, a little cramped, and an ordinary design in the rear seat (a 50/50 split instead of the now 60/40 seat) and rear door(have to open the window first before the door and thus is a two piece door, instead of the current model one piece door). Anything additional to this? Many on here own them?

Secondly, I am looking to 'dress' it up a little. I want to know if there are clear taillights available for CR-V's, and also things like bodykits or any crap like that. It isn't really for me but the other half, but obviously I will be driving it from time to time. I had a search tonight but nothing. Any help please?

toE
26-10-2003, 10:59 PM
HongKong and Indonesia would be better to look for in terms of bodykits.

Have u tried SRS Auto in Sydney about the tail-lights??

vti-2
27-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Secondly, I am looking to 'dress' it up a little. I want to know if there are clear taillights available for CR-V's

Do anything but get Altezza's.... they are teh gay... :P

AP1 F20c
27-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Look no further - http://www.hondasuv.com/

BenettonVW
27-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Awesome lads, cheers. I was sorta after the Altezza taillights actually, just to seperate it from the normal ones around here..

I know I know, but hey, I just want em. Still can't find em. :cry:

vti-2
27-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Plain clear tail lights actually look good (and are highly illegal), its Altezza's that suck...

A'PEXi
28-10-2003, 10:30 AM
for the kit, you might want to try newstyle motorsports, i think they did a hrv?... might be able to mod it for the crv....

BenettonVW
29-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Thanks heaps for the info. Jeez.. Checked the net over the last few days, and there isn't much in the way available for modding something like a CR-V..

As far as taillights, I would be happy with anything different to the norm..

Jacko
11-01-2004, 01:49 AM
my old man has a crv and being his son i drive it a bit.. ive always had a lil thing for them.. i so badly wanna do it up with some 20's and juice! theyd be pimpn.. ah well.. i will one day hehe.. if any1 steals my idea ill kill them :D

Jacko
11-01-2004, 01:54 AM
oh one more thing about the crv, i dont know about everyone else. but that accelerator is a bit stiff.. takes a lil bit gettin used to, no dramas about it really, just wonderin if anyone noticed that or if its just the ol mans?

JULZY
19-01-2004, 01:17 PM
http://www.onlineperformance.com.au/bodykits_closeup.asp?index=CRV+Mugen a bodykit dealer in aus.

A'PEXi
10-02-2004, 08:17 PM
in terms of other mods, i think there are headers etc made for the b20b

DACRV
30-07-2004, 08:53 AM
hey guys does anyone want some 50 ml lowered spriings for a 97 - 01 crv
they are lovells

Comrade
17-08-2004, 11:23 AM
my old man just recently traded in his 1997 CRV, i drove it a fair bit as well. It had just over 200ks on the clock and never missed a beat, was service at regular intervals and besides the usual wear and tear items such as breaks, tyres, etc... she never gave us any troubles at all. Great car

Jus-10
17-08-2004, 10:00 PM
My Dad had a 2000 model and put just over 170,000km on it in 2.5 years. Awesome little car and whilst it was starting to sound a bit rough, it never missed a beat and still went hard. Never had a single problem and never really found it too under-powered. It actually went quite hard when pushed and I managed to scare many Falcadore owners.

My idea of a nicely modded CRV is dumped on some 18s or something. Start doing body kits, alteazzas and sh*t like that and you will fit right in with the asian brigade. Not my style at all, but to each their ow of course! As someone mentioned, Honk Kong or even Indo is the place to look for that "intersting" stuff.

aka_NSX
17-08-2004, 10:45 PM
and also things like bodykits or any crap like that.

I've got the wing that suit ur CRV but I don't know whether I can sale it in this forum, since the rules has changed now, please ask the MOD first

Nodachi
19-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Our Crv do have some problems....with the clutch...the clutch made annoyin sounds everytime we switch gear from P to D...and it does not happen immediately but like 2-3 sec after we change the gear we complaint alot to HOnda and visit their servce station for number of time....still problem hasn't be fixed.. so yea... I'm not sayin they are bad or something... they r beautiful to drive.. heaps of power.. i love drivin it.. (when my parents are out and i have the keys..:D). so yea..

18IGQ
26-04-2007, 03:51 PM
hi any one know where to get some lowered springs for the 97 to 01 CRV? thanx

slidetaker
07-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Eibach, H&R and King....they all make lowering springs for RD1....