PDA

View Full Version : dc2 doors

faijai
02-09-2004, 03:53 PM
hey guys, when i close my doors on my dc2, the dorr makes a rattling sound, i think its the glass, not too sure, n e 1 else have this problem?

JSL
02-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Does it rattle when your driving with the window is down?

If so you will have to replace the bally channel on the inside on the door.. if it rattles just from closing.. there is an article in www.team-integra.net that resolves it.. Or you can use some eletrical tape on the door catch (the U thing on the car) and the door doesnt rattle so much on closing.. that what i have done.. don't put too much on or your door doesn't open and close smoothly..

faijai
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
nah doesnt rattle while driving. just when you close the door. WHen i close the doors on my friends 200 and other cars, the sound is nice n solid, just a thump. but mine is like a weird rattling sound from the glass or sumfing.

N e ways JSL, fanx for the link and tape trick. i'll try it out!

JSL
02-09-2004, 04:53 PM
nah doesnt rattle while driving. just when you close the door. WHen i close the doors on my friends 200 and other cars, the sound is nice n solid, just a thump. but mine is like a weird rattling sound from the glass or sumfing.

N e ways JSL, fanx for the link and tape trick. i'll try it out!

ahh then the tape trick should work ok.. works for me :)

ECU-MAN
02-09-2004, 05:03 PM
this happens a bit with Integra's, sometimes the door lock comes loose or the door strike, also the rods that go to the door handle hit the door body if there not seated into there holding clips correctly. also the window can rattle in its channels. pull your door trim off and have a look, also do a search as some one had a similar question not that long ago.

fried
02-09-2004, 05:04 PM
my windows rattle...
im too afraid to take the door lining off to fix and tape and tighten stuff behind there.

i dunno why...

ive taken my whole car apart with no tools or anything, and not knowing what im doing.... bah lol dunno why door trim is soo scary for me.

faijai
02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Ooh thanx ecu man. my bad for not doing a search. hehe

fried - yeh sumtimes i get scared to pull my car apart too. not just the door but everyhting. but i guess gotta lern to do sum stuff one day!

[zeth]
03-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Does it rattle when your driving with the window is down?

If so you will have to replace the bally channel on the inside on the door..

Could you explain to me which part is this ?

ECU-MAN
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM
the bally channel is the channel your window is seated in at either side. usually the guide comes out and causes the window to become loose in the channel.

FANATK
04-09-2004, 10:22 AM
theres a rubber insert thing... it sometimes comes loose and comes off
a new one is around $35 honda

[zeth]
04-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Ohhh icic.. thnx ECU MAN & FANATK
i'll go check it out tonight :D

Boost
07-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Fanatk: where did u get your rubber insert from???

linkorr
08-10-2004, 09:16 AM
boost - he said $35 from honda. :p

again, darn hondas have lousy build quality!! Should have just bought a ford/holden :p

Boost
08-10-2004, 11:35 AM
arggh dont tell me i have to go there an order it..

lerroy
08-10-2004, 11:36 AM
boost - he said $35 from honda. :p

again, darn hondas have lousy build quality!! Should have just bought a ford/holden :p

hahahahah holden
i think build quality aint bad on a 10 year old car

but yep same thing my window rattles have done the team integra article replaced the weather strip stuff still there though
i put dynamat on the doors helps with the hinges rattleing but not the window

Boost
08-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Where is there a honda dealer in sydney closest to parra would be best...??

linkorr
08-10-2004, 12:08 PM
http://www.honda.com.au/buying+a+honda/dealer+locator/index.asp?dealer=hjbca

looks like this is the closest...

lerroy - dc2rs are only around 5 yrs old. :p lousy build quality, expensive, squeks and rattles.. it's a wonder it hasn't started to fall apart. :p

redliner
08-10-2004, 12:12 PM
i had that problem b4... there a metal piece that the door locks onto (looks like a U shape)... try tightening it.. and u have to adjust it up or down (like bend it a little)... it u adjust it correctly you should hear just thump when u close the door. hope that helps