PDA

View Full Version : why is the front camber crazily negative?

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 10:00 AM
hey, i just put some coilovers in my type s and my front is crazy negative...

i was wondering if anyone else with the bc n+ has put them in the type s's?

i got told to get a wheel alignment, which i had done, although it had straightened the rear up, it didnt straighten the front up ( well it did but not much)

so what im asking is how do i fix this problem?

i know i will probly need a camber kit, but im a uni student and i am poor as lol...

what other alternatives do i have?

do u rkn the wheel alignment place was dodgy? cos they sure looked it haha

get another wheel alignment?yes no?

cheers guys:cool:

Spunkymonkey
23-03-2008, 10:43 AM
how is it height wise? how low is your car at the front?

blk_shadow
23-03-2008, 11:03 AM
yeah, if your front is very very low, then its normal. Otherwise, you can't turn the wheels.

got pic?

TeMp
23-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Pillow mounts

Inverted tierods

Camber bolts

Will help you fix your front camber. There is no such thing as a front camber kit for the DC5. The camber bolts are relatively cheap too.

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 01:13 PM
i only dropped it 2inch at the front, so its like ~1 and half finger gap i think from guards.

so its normal to have that camber?

i only have the camera on the fone though i have no cable or bluetooth to hook it up onto the laptop.

so where can i get these camber bolts bro?

cheers for the quick replys

45SET
23-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Get the pillow mounts set up correctly before you worry about getting camber bolts or inverted tierods.

Take it to a suspension shop and get them to do a wheel alignment on the car.

RSX_DC5R
23-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I have the same prob as well. My front has pretty bad camber.

Sorry to hijack the thread but it might be useful. Does anyone know what size of the camber bolt for DC5R (possibly will be the same as DC5S)?

Cheers

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 10:12 PM
^^ no worries bro, we all family haha *HONDA*

Get the pillow mounts set up correctly before you worry about getting camber bolts or inverted tierods.

Take it to a suspension shop and get them to do a wheel alignment on the car.

anywhere u reccomend bro? i dont trust any workshops with my car aye.. unless its like fully reputable!

wen the guy did my wheel alignment i was like standing there looking at him incase he did something else to my baby! haha

m0nty ITR
23-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I thought N+ would have adjustable camber tops. You say you've lowered it 1", but the struts themselves can sometimes be up to 3" shorter than OEM giving you 4" total. The place doing the wheel alignment should've really told you if you're car had excessive camber.

Any pics?

45SET
23-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Monty is right, you should have atleast got a peice of paper with what your current angels are

I know when i got my car set up... they saw what type of car it was... the suspension work i had to the car... the tyres i had on the car, and actually asked me how i wanted it set up. they asked if i wanted t set up crazy to handel like a go kart, plenty of tyre life... or inbtween.

It was a tyre place across the road from Chermside shopping centre... but i only took it there once.... last time the sussy was touched was at Centrax Auto... but they don't have a wheel alighnment machine

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 10:34 PM
i lowered it 2inch at front and 2 1/2 inch rear!

no pics bro... well its not crazy camber maybe that was exaggerated lol but its def noticeable like 75-80 degrees prob on a 90 degree scale (right angle)

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 10:36 PM
omg! i got no sheet of paper or nothing i went to pitstop on the ippy motorway kinda around wacol? if u know where that is..

cos i remember my brother got a sheet of paper and all that from another place.. and i never got anything from this place! i bloody got a reciept! haha wth...

so whats the name of this shop 45SET?

m0nty ITR
23-03-2008, 10:39 PM
i lowered it 2inch at front and 2 1/2 inch rear!

no pics bro... well its not crazy camber maybe that was exaggerated lol but its def noticeable like 75-80 degrees prob on a 90 degree scale (right angle)

-15` camber? I doubt it. That would only give you 2" contact patch on the road. It may look excessive to you though. I run -4.5` on track and that looks very extreme. Is it hard to drive it in a straight line? As in it feels like it's weaving around.

I'd ask for no more than -2` for street use. Ask them what they put in.

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 10:41 PM
oo ok.. wel maybe i need to actually look at my car.. but ok if thats unrealistic then ill just stick to.. it looks pretty negative haha

but the camber is def noticeable.. so yeah.. is it safe to drive like this?

m0nty ITR
23-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Worse than this?
http://www.exelife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/wheelcamber.jpg

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 10:57 PM
thats prob exactly how it is! at the front tho!

m0nty ITR
23-03-2008, 11:01 PM
thats prob exactly how it is! at the front tho!

After 4" of lowering that's what you'd kinda expect. Did you check the difference in height between OEM and the N+ struts? What is your current ride height? It's OK to drive, but tyre wear will see you go through tyres in 5,000kms.

Dr.k20z1
23-03-2008, 11:08 PM
yeah the n+'s u have to do the preset! and i adjusted the preset to 2inch drop, compared to stock.. so yeah

u rkn get another wheel alignment at a better place? maybe it was this dodgy place that did they wheel alignment.. mmmm

rossirider
24-03-2008, 05:18 PM
The place that did the alignment probably didn't know that you adjust the camber via the top bolt hole running along the shock housing.
You don't need any sort of camber kit, bolt, pillow etc for the n+

Dr.k20z1
24-03-2008, 11:52 PM
oo really.. so u rkn i shud just get another proffessional alignment now? cos that place was dodgy as.. did other things i wont mention.. but yeah..

:D so get another one? im happy now rossirider :P

rossirider
25-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Get it done at a pro sussy place where race cars get aligned. There they should be able to corner weight the car for you and you can tell them the exact specs that you want (camber, toe, rake etc). It will be more exy than your normal tire shop but well worth it.

REP ME!

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Worse than this?
http://www.exelife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/wheelcamber.jpg

Worse then this?

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/SHOGUNOVDDRK/100_1074.jpg

But in all seriouseness go get it soughted out at a professional shop :thumbsup:

Tofu
25-03-2008, 09:16 AM
oo really.. so u rkn i shud just get another proffessional alignment now? cos that place was dodgy as.. did other things i wont mention.. but yeah..

:D so get another one? im happy now rossirider :P

Hey man!, I get my wheel alignment done at the Fulcrum dealer at Sumner Park, Spine Street.

Scott at Hondacare also highly recommends them.

Dr.k20z1
25-03-2008, 10:29 AM
tofu comes to the stand! wooo abt time tofu lol
:rolleyes: ill msn u bro

btw bro.. i cant rep.. i dont have any rep points myself! hahah i would if i could! lol

sozza

Dr.k20z1
25-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Worse then this?

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/SHOGUNOVDDRK/100_1074.jpg

But in all seriouseness go get it soughted out at a professional shop :thumbsup:

lol @ this

45SET
25-03-2008, 10:43 AM
As others have said... go to somewhere with a good reputation.

So word of mouth (Fulcrome are good - just don't go to the one at Aspley).

Tofu knows his stuff... so if he got his sussy work done at that place... go check it out.

rossirider
25-03-2008, 02:57 PM
tofu comes to the stand! wooo abt time tofu lol
:rolleyes: ill msn u bro

btw bro.. i cant rep.. i dont have any rep points myself! hahah i would if i could! lol

sozza

gay, how the heck does this rep system work then?
now I can't sell my ricer crap :(