PDA

View Full Version : xCarlink VS Honda Factory iPod Adaptor

Delta_One
23-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi all,
Just got a 2005 Accord Euro and am looking into the iPod adaptor for it.
I got quoted $495 to install a factory Honda one with life time warranty, or I can get the Xcarlink for $155. My Euro still has around 4 months new car warranty then my used car warranty starts. Will the Xcarlink one screw up any warranty I have?

hooyn
23-03-2008, 03:37 PM
hey. i got xcarlink and love it. you can still use cd's with it in but the point of getting it is so you dont need to use cd's :P. installing the xcarlink was cake, taking out the centre console can be a bit tricky just need some elbow grease to take install it, however its very simple, just plug n play.

you can see my set up along with others set ups here

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75835&page=8

oh yeah IMO, i reckon go for usb as that is more versatile than having the ipod one. keep your ipod with you and just plug in a usb, instead of having to take out/put in your ipod again everytime.
you can pick up a 2gig usb for cheap cheap cheap nowadays.

hope this helps !

edit: i dont know about warranty sorry

EUR003act
23-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi all,
Just got a 2005 Accord Euro and am looking into the iPod adaptor for it.
I got quoted $495 to install a factory Honda one with life time warranty, or I can get the Xcarlink for $155. My Euro still has around 4 months new car warranty then my used car warranty starts. Will the Xcarlink one screw up any warranty I have?

it should only void the warranty on the stereo/climate control unit... if something was to go wrong in any other electrical device, they may also try blame it on the xcarlink... (because its all linked eg: sunlight sensors... etc)

viper8548
23-03-2008, 04:49 PM
it should only void the warranty on the stereo/climate control unit... if something was to go wrong in any other electrical device, they may also try blame it on the xcarlink... (because its all linked eg: sunlight sensors... etc)

how about just remove the xcarlink when you take it in for warranty issues

EUR003act
23-03-2008, 04:51 PM
how about just remove the xcarlink when you take it in for warranty issues

why didnt i think of that!!!

lol yeah true... problem solved... get xcarlink :D

Delta_One
23-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the replies, If anything was to go wrong with the stereo/climate control I think they would try to blame it, so I think I'll just go factory, I'm not confident enough to take the stereo out and route the cable to the glove box anyway.