PDA

View Full Version : ek mirror adjustment switch/control not working?

joe_
23-03-2008, 06:29 PM
hi all!
having problems with my mirror adjustment switch not working (up down left right switch controling the door mirrors) in my ek.
anyone had this problem or know what it could be? fuse? faulty wire?
any help is much appreciated.

simonnowis
23-03-2008, 06:40 PM
did they just stop working completely suddenly, both of them? did u check the plugs and made sure the switch is plugged in properly?

joe_
23-03-2008, 10:53 PM
bought it a few months ago, been like this since i had the car. havent got round to take a look at it closely.
was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Nath
24-03-2008, 07:01 PM
ope nt hefuse panel, check what fuse it is one. and check the fuse. (pretty simple stuff, just use the (sometimes) provided fuse puller, or a pair of long nose pliers if you cant grab it with your hands.

if you cant find hte fuse, look in your owners manual if you have it, if not search on here, im sure its written somewhere.

if the fuse is fine, remove the switch and check that it is plugged in. if not, plug it in ;)

if it is plugged in, and hte fuse is fine, get your hands on a multi meter (or atleast a test light) and do a quick continuity test on the switch. if there IS power getting to the switch, move closer to the mirrors stopping at each connection in the wires.

if NO power at the switch, check the ignition is on :P. if still nothing move further AWAY from the mirrors (closer to the battery). checking for power at each conection untill you find the problem)

obviously you problem will be down stream (mirror side) of the connector that has power. could be broken wire. short to earth... etc.

basic diagnosis :)

joe_
24-03-2008, 10:42 PM
cheers, thanks for that, i'll take a closer look wen i get a chance

quang
26-03-2008, 10:33 AM
what about if, one mirror works fine and the other mirror only moves up and down?

98vtir
27-03-2008, 07:26 PM
what about if, one mirror works fine and the other mirror only moves up and down?

if you pop off the mirror there are two joint thingys that move the mirror, one left/right one up/down so the left/right one must be buggered. dunno if u can fix it, might have to get a new mirror?