PDA

View Full Version : Metal tapping noise. Not sure if same as other threads.

^__^ SM ^__^
24-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone.

The other day when I was in Crown carpark as well as a few days before that when I was going through drive-through; when I put down window, I heard metal tapping noise like to 2 metal objects hitting each other. At the drive-through, the noise went away (or got less that I couldn't hear) when I turned off air-cond. In Crown, no air-cond and the noise was there; got a lot worse when going up ramp from 1 level to next. Really loud when accelerate up ramp. But can still hear at idle when sitting next to front wheels.

Is this a problem I should see dealer about? Or is the local Safeway Caltex selling me RON 91 as RON 95! :(

Thanks everyone.

jb_buzz
14-04-2008, 08:53 PM
i had a rattle thats sounds similar to yours, my honda dealer told me it was the rod that holds the hood up ibrating against the air con unit, they put some grease around the hinge and it stopped, give that a go??
cheers

Min988
14-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Thats the exact sound I was getting as well, I just turned the two rubber knobs up which the bonnet rests on, so they were higher and pressing up against my bonnet, stopped the sound right away.

^__^ SM ^__^
14-04-2008, 10:10 PM
thanks for the trouble shoot. i'll try it tomorrow morning :)