PDA

View Full Version : Power windows issue??

DylanDesign
24-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Everyone keeps talking about this problem with their power windows in the Gen8 CIVIC. I'm getting my CIVIC on Thursday. What actually causes the problem? and when it's fixed (under warranty) what do they actually do to fix it?
Also, how far into the car's life does the issue start occurring?
Thanks guys (and girls).

JaCe
24-03-2008, 10:01 PM
This is covered in so many other threads on this forum it's not funny.

In short, rubber dries up. It's an easy fix- the dealer/service centre will do it, but you can DIY if you just buy some "silicon spray". It's in a can and has a very thin straw which hooks onto the nozzle. Use that and spray it into the rubber gap which the window slides up/down on and it'll make it smooth again.

It can happen anytime. Some sooner than others. The other thing you'll see soon enough is the wipers drying out.

sam.
24-03-2008, 11:17 PM
it happens becoz the rubber runners dry up and cause the anti trap to kick in and wind the window back down, on our civic i have noticed that when the window goes up it seems to get tighter towards the front of the door and so the windows actually starts to come up higher at the back part and becomes hard for the motor to push the window up, so i can only see any sprays being a band aid fix to the problem, getting our cars 20,000km service next wekk and they'll be told about it then-again for the 3rd time!

Mingy
24-03-2008, 11:42 PM
The other thing you'll see soon enough is the wipers drying out.

Crap! i need new wipers

ej20i
25-03-2008, 07:46 AM
yeah..i just got my fd in like 1.5 weeks now...the power window is starting to go slow and nny 911's window is going halfway up only and had to pulled...and thats only like not even 2 months i think

kelvin00010001
25-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I have this problem before as well , after buying the car for 1 month.... why it would happen on a brand new car..=.=? ~I just concern honda's car quality....= =