PDA

View Full Version : hid retrofits, how the hell do you center the damn projector?!

vinnY
25-03-2008, 10:02 AM
okay now this has baffled me for the last couple months
before the shrouds and rims, how do you manage to centre the projector on the reflector?! its not exactly flat and drawn out for you, and the reflector itself is round and has different dimensions all-round

so tell me you retrofit people, how do you center the projector on the reflector?!

Limbo
26-03-2008, 12:37 PM
your talking about the bulb? it should fit flat without issue??
Mine does

vinnY
26-03-2008, 12:42 PM
nah i mean mounting the projector itself in the case of a retrofit
i've seen a lot of photos on hidplanet.com but i can't for the life of me work out how everyone center's their projectors in the middle of the reflector so its not pointing too far up or too far down

Limbo
26-03-2008, 12:55 PM
You put the projectors in. Then you adjust the bulbs to the centre. There are 2 screws to adjust so the bulb points to centre

vinnY
26-03-2008, 01:11 PM
nono don't think you're reading me right
i haven't fit in the projectors yet, i'm not adjusting the reflector just yet
i'm wondering how people centre the projector itself on to the reflector before drilling and screwing the projector tight on to the reflector
i'd prefer to not modify the stock reflector much which is the problem because i want to keep using h4's

might have to wait until my current kit dies before i retrofit in my projectors since they're d2s holders