PDA

View Full Version : Jdm dc2r headers!! Much of an upgrade?

dslt
25-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, planning on upgrading my 96 jdm dc2r headers to the 98 spec 4-1, just wondering if it was much of an upgrade or should i get go for Mugen, or Hytech tri. And opinions would be good

cheers guys

Perry
25-03-2008, 11:29 AM
if your on a budget get the jdm headers, there is a guy selling Tri Y headers atm.

dslt
25-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah can get Mugen headers basicall brand new for $500 off a mate. The Jdm ones are setting me back $500, and Hytech are $450 sent here from Ebay lolz..
But i emailed them about it, if the hytech ones will fit and this is what he said:

"yup it will fit but you will have to either modify the Tranny cover. Or replace the tranny cover with a gsr/ls cover.

My suggestion is just to modify it. Its just the cover on the Type R is Huge so the header won't clear..its easier to just modify it or replace with a gsr/ls cover."

Sounds to complicated for me.. So i might just go for mugen lolz

Zilli
25-03-2008, 12:49 PM
if you can get Mugen headers practically brand new like you said from a friend, and OEM JDM ones are going to cost you the same, why the hell would you get an OEM JDM header?????

dslt
25-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I guess simple minds think alike.

Thats the reason why i posted this thread in the first place. Asking for opinions. Im sure the 98 spec headers will be better made than the 96 spec.
Do you relise how much honda spends on engineers? Im sure some or most of their products are better than aftermarket stuff on the market these days.

But end of the day thats just my opinion =))

Zilli
25-03-2008, 01:14 PM
if your asking for an opinion, dont get defensive over what people will say.... your question is stupid and your reasoning is stupid... do some research before you talk...

the simple fact of the matter is, no one would change there stock JDM header to a Mugen or any other "quality" aftermarket peice if it didn't make a difference according to their needs, which generally is more power... if you are not going to buy your friends Mugen header which you say is brand new pretty much, let me know and i'll take it off his hands tonight for that price. In my view, if i could find a NEW JDM 4-1 header for that price i would buy it, because they are generally sold for 750ish... and research shows the JDM 4-1 is a nice header if you are on a budget, i personally have considered it because it will look stock too...

good luck mate

bennjamin
25-03-2008, 01:18 PM
if you are putting it on your car and have no intention of a future ECU upgrade or tuning ~ get the JDM 4-1.

On your car , any header will feel almost the same ( 4-1 , toda , hytek etc).

It takes more breathing mods and more compression and tuning to take advantage of any header let alone mod

dslt
25-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks Ben. wouldve thought from a 4-2-1 to 4-1 would be classified as an upgrade.

bennjamin
25-03-2008, 01:26 PM
essentially no , only difference you will notice is less weight and 4-1 design giving alittle more mid range and top end "grunt". ( i did the exact same thing)