PDA

View Full Version : Lowering a DA9?

Ashwee
25-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, I went to buy a set of King Superlows for my DA9 the other day, only to find they only have lows, which is like, barely an inch drop (front 345, rear 355). And personally I don't think I'd even notice that, I'm aiming for like a 2.5 inch drop, and I've seen DA9s dumped before, I'm just wondering how other people have done theirs? At this stage it looks like I'm gonna have to get coilovers.

EKVTIR-T
25-03-2008, 12:24 PM
There not much local support for the DA's in regard's to spring's/coilover's.
The king low's definately don't lower enough.

The trader on here 999 auto can get the Skunk2 spring's which go lower but if your using stock shock's they gonna die quick and the ride will suck.

You can go the dc2/eg coilover option too with the dc2 rear lca's.Broadens your choice's abit.

Ashwee
25-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Hmm, interesting. I want sexy red LCA's too :D. Thanks for the help man!

EKVTIR-T
25-03-2008, 12:31 PM
No prob's.
There's also a guy selling a set of Eibach's on here for DA too.
I'm considering them myself.Got a feeling they sit quite high though.

Ashwee
26-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I'm looking for lowest legal, but like everything else I said go only down to legal.. I might be swayed to change my mind :P

Jon_51
26-03-2008, 10:47 AM
da's have quite a low undercarriage, so be prepared to scrape a fair bit with a 2.5 inch drop.
you don't need new rear lca's for dc2 susssy, only dc2r requires that. you will need front drop forks for both though.

doonbar
26-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I'm looking for lowest legal, but like everything else I said go only down to legal.. I might be swayed to change my mind :P

you got pm :wave:

shibbii
14-04-2008, 10:57 AM
da's have quite a low undercarriage, so be prepared to scrape a fair bit with a 2.5 inch drop.
you don't need new rear lca's for dc2 susssy, only dc2r requires that. you will need front drop forks for both though.

i've been looking at the under of my car aswell.trying to figure out if i dropped it about 2 inches how low to the ground.afteramrket exhaust that came with it too and its pretty low already.droops kinda towards the back section then the tip is tucked up good.any one happen to have any pics of theirs that are lowered with shots where you can see the clearance?

kikxz
14-04-2008, 11:58 AM
apprently the kings low drop 2.25 inches im yet to put mine on but my rears arent to bad already but if you want you can also compress the springs as an alternative of course

shibbii
14-04-2008, 12:46 PM
what kind of prices would i be looking at for brand new kings springs? lows and super lows?

kikxz
14-04-2008, 01:17 PM
for the the DA9 they only make lows.. i guess because our undercarriage is somewhat low alraedy but maybe roughly around 280 maybe.. i bought my kings low of a friends mate but i still havnt had the time to put them in

shibbii
14-04-2008, 05:39 PM
i probably sound noob but what do those numbers mean exactly ? 280?

kikxz
14-04-2008, 09:20 PM
oh sorry i mean around $280 bux for the set

shibbii
15-04-2008, 02:11 PM
anyone happen to know any places that lower for you ? south eastern suburbs preferrably? or even places where i can order some lowering springs new even?

Jon_51
15-04-2008, 02:17 PM
most suspension places shouldn't have any trouble with that shibbii,
it's not rocket science.
but if you're gonna do it you might aswell go for some new shocks while you're at it.

shibbii
15-04-2008, 04:06 PM
yeah just depends how much it all costs.i could always just lower with stock shocks and when i've got the money then swap shocks? although i realise it would be more practical to change it all at once.havent been able to find any lowering springs so far.any other springs from other cars that would fit 93 integra? without having to swap other parts too?

shibbii
21-04-2008, 03:02 PM
once i've lowered my car, will anything happen? tyres rub against inside arches etc. 2.5" at front and 2.25" rear.just worried about lowering then having to change other parts to fix things up.read about camber? not an expert on it but with the wheels on angles rofl

string
21-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm around a finger gap between tyre and wheel-well on all 4 corners. Front camber is around -2 degrees, rear -2.5 degrees with no tyre rubbing at all. On kings or other soft lowering springs you will bottom out. I have no idea how much lower it is than stock in inches as they are coilovers.

Ashwee
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
King lows are what I was originally going to get, $280 for both from Autobarn, we were going to fit them ourselves, but overall was definitely not a 2.25 inch drop, in my eyes anyway. I don't remember the original guard to hub measurements, but I want those wheels tucked in :D

EKVTIR-T
01-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Yep,King lows on a DA are still way too high but obviously King don't want to be responsible for making the car too low and causing clearance problems.
They will sag over time though too

Ashwee
02-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I had my friend from Autobarn call them up and ask about any other options, they said that the DA9 springs are sort of transitional, from older springs to the newer style or something, basically they said its POSSIBLE to reset the springs so they're lower, but they said if they valued my life, not to do it. We also asked about springs for other applications if they would work, like civic springs, reset lower, but again safety was an issue, and I'd rather be safe than low.

So I'm still rolling high!

teggy90
10-08-2010, 05:17 PM
im having the same problembs too. trying to find the right setup to lower my da9.. if anyone has any pics of theirs which has been lowered can you post them up and let us know what you've got?
cheers

teggy90
10-08-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.skunk2.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SR&Product_Code=517-05-0720&Category_Code=COVADJ

skunk2 coilovers for da9.
might be helpfull