PDA

View Full Version : Rwc?

MWAKU
25-03-2008, 04:41 PM
If im looking for a car and it doesnt have RWC, how much does that take off the car price, i know like its already like minus'd, but how much usually. Because i've seen a few really stock looking cars with out RWC, and i was wondering why they wouldn't have it in the first place. How much does it cost to get the RWC if i buy a car that doesn't already have it. And what are the risks in buying a car without a RWC if there are any? Can you drive the car without a RWC? I dont know anything about RWC

And what does it mean "no REVS" and whats REV check? i know this i think has been convered, but yeah, just @ uni and i got class soon and i just cant be bothered looking through the search for all my answers, thankyou. sorry for the inconvience.. maybe you could forward me to a thread where this is covered, thankyou

while i'm typing, whats thats site where you check if the car has any finance owed?

IZY-10
25-03-2008, 05:04 PM
revs check checks if the car has been in any major accidents or money owing on it. Also its a bit risky buying a car without RWC unless you get a racv check or if you know what you are looking at. For example i just sold my car thought everything was okay but when i took it in found out had to change the rear trailing arm bushes which was not cheap.

V73C
25-03-2008, 06:48 PM
RWC itself is cheap ... but to pass road worthy, car has to be within legal opertaions, lets just say u cant road worthy a rust bucket

Glitta
25-03-2008, 07:22 PM
RWC do we have an equivilent to that in NSW? Wouldnt that just be like a blue slip? My bro in law is selling his car and some guy from QLD was asking about that although I wasn't sure what he meant...

Boban
25-03-2008, 07:53 PM
i have bought cars w/out rwc before, but since my bro's a mechanic and i have some general knowledge about it, we only got ones that didn't require any major work to pass a rwc (eg new tyres, bushes, brakes etc....), also w/out rwc you can't register the car in your name.

As stated above revs check tells you if there's any money owing on the car and if it's been crashed b4. Carsguide.com.au does it, scroll down to the bottom of the home page and there is a link there somewhere, $40+gst=$44 all up, i'd recommend it if you don't know the seller, but usually if the car is 10 years old and they've had it for 5 i assume there is no finance on it, as for the accident damage, you can pick it if it's been a dodggy repair job

For revs, you'll need VIN #, engine # and make and model of the car

MWAKU
25-03-2008, 09:11 PM
What do you mean you can't register it under your name, whos name does it go under. How do you know what needs 2 be repaired to get the RWC, do you tell the seller to get it check out or would he already know. Im in NSW, so does RWC apply? im lost, cause what the other guys said now, but yeah, when im on carsales.com.au, it says that stuff. like RWC = N/A or NO, and the cars located in NSW

Glitta
25-03-2008, 11:19 PM
What do you mean you can't register it under your name, whos name does it go under. How do you know what needs 2 be repaired to get the RWC, do you tell the seller to get it check out or would he already know. Im in NSW, so does RWC apply? im lost, cause what the other guys said now, but yeah, when im on carsales.com.au, it says that stuff. like RWC = N/A or NO, and the cars located in NSW

Ahh ok if your in NSW it's easy... I assume RWC is like a blue slip which you can get from any car dealership and most mechanics... usually around the $50mark which gives you a vehicle safety report which will tell you if the vehicle is roadworthy.. although you don't need one of these to register the vehicle in your name that must be for another state from the above comment.. do a revs check just google REVS do a private vehicle check all you need is the VIN, Engine # & plate.. also you can go to RTA website and do a WOVR check REVS should tell you if it's a repairable writeoff or has finance owing.. WOVR check will also tell you if its been written off and how many registered owners it's had in the past 12months.
Don't rely on REVS as your only way of checking previous damage as the vehicle could have been from interstate and not listed on NSW REVS you can check for that also by doing premium check which should give you the compete history of the car.
Best thing to do is have a company come out and check your vehicle like an NRMA inspection.. so no in NSW I dont think RWC applies. that would be just if the current owner has paid for an inspection on the vehicle in the last few months which most owners won't do because if someone wants the car they can do it themselves.. is how it usually works.

sassy_fit_vtit
28-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Your better off gettin the seller to do the RWC, you might think that your saving abit but if the car doesn't pass when u do it then you have to fork out the money to get it roadwothied