PDA

View Full Version : weird noise when i step on the clutch?

lmfamglia
25-03-2008, 04:52 PM
hey guys this morning i started my car as normal however when i held down the clutch and shifted to gear 1 i heard an unusual sound coming from the clutch area it sound like a hissin/rubbing against something sort of noise. so i ignored it and started to drive to uni however along the way to uni i noticed the noise every now and then but not all the time i used the clutch.
any of you guys have an idea of whats going on? is it time for a new clutch?

cheers

EuroDude
25-03-2008, 04:58 PM
If the sound is happening when you are riding the clutch, the Spigot bearing in the gearbox may need replacing.

Is it a springy sound when you push on the clutch? Does it happen more when its humid? Then it sounds like your clutch master cylinder needs lubing.
Grab some Silicone grease and spray it into the master cylinder.
The master cylinder is accessible underneat the steering wheel above the clutch pedal as seen in this pic:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/431/euroclutchfixxz1.jpg

lmfamglia
25-03-2008, 05:19 PM
hrmm it was a little bit cold in the morning when it was happening

ricki_kalsi
25-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Air in clutch line!

I had it, it makes a rubbery type of squelching noise. Does your clutch feel a little lighter when you step on it?

Dr.k20z1
25-03-2008, 10:23 PM
omg im still gettin this.. oo well

lmfamglia
25-03-2008, 10:29 PM
hrmm car felt kinda sluggish and jumped a bit this morning when i drove it.

ricki_kalsi
25-03-2008, 10:39 PM
My car is doing it aswell!

Last time it did it, it was when the pressure plate was going, and I needed a new clutch. Somehow, or something, it pockets air in clutch line. So the clutch slave pushes against air not fluid, and it makes it feel lighter, and makes a squeltchy noise.

If you then bleed the clutch line, and get rid of the air pocket, all is fine, and the noise goes away, and the clutch feel better.

This most likely isn't the problem... but it's what happened to me - so couulllddd be a possibility.