PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Opinion...DC5R

Stinger13
26-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Hey guys.
I know this has been covered many many times before....but im after opinions. I've got injen cai...but nothing more and am looking for an exhaust that will have a nice deep...loudish note...not LOUD at cruise...but when hits vtec screams. I have been told power-getter is the way to go, and read a few threads comparing it and the toda system. It basically came down to looks as sound was very similar from what i understood...but can anyone throw in any other suggestions that would sound sweet with the cai? Anything thats worked for you or that you would recommend. I've searched through youtube and the likes a billion times...and i swear everyday i like something else...so help me please.

Feel free to chuck in links to clips too....that would be great
Thanks in advance

joey99
26-03-2008, 07:23 AM
go the fujitsubo RM01A .. it's much better for low end to help the torqueless vtec engines ... the power-getters has a slightly bigger pipe and you will loose low end...unless you're chasing more outright power and less drivabillity.

I've had 4 hondas, a s15 and a WRX and I've tried so many exhausts ... I always go back to the RM01A. the quality is the best ever as well.

Chi
26-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I got a TODA one atm, its not overly loud and decent at WOT

vtec-dr
26-03-2008, 08:46 AM
i'm gettin the 5zigen miracle fireball made in japan atm but ill let u know how that goes

milkman
26-03-2008, 09:41 AM
RM01A.. good gains, so well made, lovely note and it looks just right.

45SET
26-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I have mugen twin loop. Personally I love the sound it makes at 2-4k RPM and how the tip is slightly larger then stock and dosn't attract attention.

You also have to factor in what headers you'll be running as this will change the tone also.

EKVTIR-T
26-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Twin loop's do sound great but the rear muffler and tip is so ugly.

chargeR
26-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Have you considered Amuse R1 with resonator. Not loud at cruise but has a nice tone when pushed, especially with an aftermarket exhaust manifold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhDGWGVuXP4

Chi
26-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Not everyone is as baller as you Tom lol

joey99
26-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I had a mugen twin loop and just sounded like a big fart. they really don't sound good at all .. and kind of loud.

Stinger13
26-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Pretty much narrowed down to hks hi-power, fgk powergetter or the toda. The rm01a just doesnt have the same...deepness to it the powergetter does. Not sure about power gains between the 2...but sound wise its the better for me. Heard a few clips of the hks now with injen and it sounds pretty good. As for the toda...is it really pretty much the same as the powergetter...in terms of sound and gains?

I did consider amuse...they are a great exhaust...but they are also out of my price league...hah.

TeMp
26-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Pretty much narrowed down to hks hi-power, fgk powergetter or the toda. The rm01a just doesnt have the same...deepness to it the powergetter does. Not sure about power gains between the 2...but sound wise its the better for me. Heard a few clips of the hks now with injen and it sounds pretty good. As for the toda...is it really pretty much the same as the powergetter...in terms of sound and gains?

I did consider amuse...they are a great exhaust...but they are also out of my price league...hah.

Catback vs catback

The PG is louder then the RM01A and deeper in tone.

But after a header the RM01A becomes louder and deeper then the PG.

BusterSonic12
26-03-2008, 02:04 PM
i dislike the powergetter cos the tip looks bit longish. cos the amuse have a hole at the bottom of the tip for silencer? cos i also dislike exhaust with a little hole at the bottom.

2002 TeGgY
26-03-2008, 02:23 PM
i have injen cai and power getter. sounds awesome. its not drony at cruise and loude at wot. im gettin toda headers installed on friday so that should top it off. i heard that the toda catback isn't loud at all and i personally dislike the blue tip...

Stinger13
26-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah. I dont mind the blue tip at all but its the whole limp look that im not a fan of. Anyone know much about the greddy evo2? They look pretty cool...but sound and price im not sure about...

Stinger13
26-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually...just found a few clips of the greddy....not for me. Powergetter...toda or hks. Hrmmm.

chargeR
26-03-2008, 03:13 PM
i dislike the powergetter cos the tip looks bit longish. cos the amuse have a hole at the bottom of the tip for silencer? cos i also dislike exhaust with a little hole at the bottom.

Amuse only comes with a hole if you order it with the optional silencer as far as I know. Mine does not have a hole and I do not have a silencer :).

Louis - Type S
26-03-2008, 10:15 PM
fujitsubo powergetter, my mate has one on his dc5r. great performance with a nice tone

Dr.k20z1
26-03-2008, 10:59 PM
id go for the js racing 70rs or somthing! sounds sooo sexy! hahaha if u had the money...

otherwise rmo1a foh sho.. quiet at start up, wen the car is warm, good deep non ricey tone! not like the tone all the lancers have! :D

my2pence

DC5.Raven
26-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Actually...just found a few clips of the greddy....not for me. Powergetter...toda or hks. Hrmmm.

im facing the same thing man, looking for exhaust for my dc5s. thinking bout hks, powergetter or skunk2. where do u get the hks from? and has anyone heard anything about the skunk2?

Stinger13
27-03-2008, 10:35 AM
im facing the same thing man, looking for exhaust for my dc5s. thinking bout hks, powergetter or skunk2. where do u get the hks from? and has anyone heard anything about the skunk2?

Yeah. I was lookin at the skunk2 aswell. Actually...i think i have thought about lookin into atleast a dozen different types. Comptech, magnaflow, toda, powergetter, rm01a, hks, greddy, a sh!tload of buddyclubs, tannabe. They all sound so good in different clips. It annoys the hell out of ya cause just when you think you have narrowed down or eliminated one out of the list you find another. Talk about chasin your own tail. Seriously...its like the best way is to own one of each and one by one get rid of them.
Thankfully though im pretty sure im down to the hks hi-power, the powergetter or the toda. They all are pretty common and well backed brands so either way i go i should be safe.
So now its any info i can get on those that im lookin for. Pro's, con's, prices, gains ect. Anyone that can help...please do. Any 5cents worth is priceless.

End the frustration....:mad::p

DC5.Raven
27-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah. I was lookin at the skunk2 aswell. Actually...i think i have thought about lookin into atleast a dozen different types. Comptech, magnaflow, toda, powergetter, rm01a, hks, greddy, a sh!tload of buddyclubs, tannabe. They all sound so good in different clips. It annoys the hell out of ya cause just when you think you have narrowed down or eliminated one out of the list you find another. Talk about chasin your own tail. Seriously...its like the best way is to own one of each and one by one get rid of them.
Thankfully though im pretty sure im down to the hks hi-power, the powergetter or the toda. They all are pretty common and well backed brands so either way i go i should be safe.
So now its any info i can get on those that im lookin for. Pro's, con's, prices, gains ect. Anyone that can help...please do. Any 5cents worth is priceless.

End the frustration....:mad::p

hows the hks sound on a dc5 though (never heard one besides youtube)? i had it on an es civic and didnt like it one bit, didnt like the tone and not much gains.

Chi
27-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I had the HKS super silent one, it wasn't a good design, cracked very easily on the muffler since the desgn was similar to a twin loop.

JDMCVC
27-03-2008, 06:22 PM
i heard power getter's b pipe hangs down too low, so if u have a lowered car or considering lowering your car a fair bit might be something to think about

[RSX 03]
28-03-2008, 03:17 PM
IMO, the Toda exhaust looks like a pennis.

vtec-dr
29-03-2008, 12:02 AM
the 5 zigen a-spec is pretty good or the miracle fireball. only prob is that the fireball is only made to order. buddyclub spec3 pro is not bad but drones a bit. but it all depends on wat u like and want and dont forget $$$$$ lol

dyljoy
29-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I will vote Fuji RM01A for sure, with exprience of my previous DC5R, it is quiet which good for daily drive and sounds awesome when Vtec kick in. the most important is, I am satisfy the power mprove from RM01A!

Stinger13
31-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Has anyone heard of or had any problems with the hks hi-power and drone?

timofytit
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok.....Question to ask. What is the most power getting exhaust that meets australian noise regulations and emissions regulations. Just for the ones who like to keep it legal.

kongfu
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
RM01A + Toda header my favourite combo.

Nepolian
01-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Ok.....Question to ask. What is the most power getting exhaust that meets australian noise regulations and emissions regulations. Just for the ones who like to keep it legal.

Probably none, better stick to stock if you're worried :)

Dr.k20z1
01-04-2008, 11:50 PM
rmo1 is so quiet u dont even know its there.. trust me.. i have it HAHAHAHA its only mildly loud.. wen ur engine is warm.. or if uve been vtecing hardout hahaha

Amusevtec
02-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Any opinions towards Trust PE II ?

air23box
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Mugen N1 FTW....lol.......but still love my twinloop.....never have problem with cops...

BusterSonic12
02-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Mugen N1 FTW....lol.......but still love my twinloop.....never have problem with cops...

got a photo of the N1?

chargeR
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM

This man speaks the truth. The mooogen N1 is one of the most glorious sounds I have ever heard, bar the amooose :p.

It has a limp 70mm tip like the Toda but it is full stainless. No cat either.

air23box
03-04-2008, 12:34 AM
will take one on the car when I get back from work 2moro....

2002 TeGgY
03-04-2008, 10:15 AM
just installed my toda headers the other day, and along with my Fuji PG and injen ITS LOUD! for sure over the limit, but sounds nice as especialy over around 3500 - 4000 rpm, mates can hear it a few blocks down lol

nick_sixx
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
the best exhaust ever... buddyclub spec 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LaD3inmXf8

vippy84
04-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Apexi N1

Chi
06-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Has anyone heard of or had any problems with the hks hi-power and drone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5UCsXPJqoo

EG5
06-04-2008, 10:20 AM

mugen twin loop:thumbsup:

kongfu
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
mugen twin loop:thumbsup:

As well as RM01A.:thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
17-04-2008, 04:06 PM
is the RM01A a one piece catback? made of stainless steel?

dyljoy
17-04-2008, 04:12 PM
not sure it is one piece or not, but it should be stainless

kongfu
19-04-2008, 01:10 PM
is the RM01A a one piece catback? made of stainless steel?

2 piece design. made of full stainless steel. I really love it. :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
14-05-2008, 07:52 PM
anyone here have Trust's TIC (titan composite) catback exhaust? any comment on them? they look really nice but wonder if it would be too loud, because i still enjoy a conversation with my friend when driving in my car.

BusterSonic12
28-05-2008, 03:21 PM
no one yet tried the Trust/ Greddy TiC on their dc5 yet? i'm thinking of trying it out cos the powergetter n rm01a seems too common on the dc5

SiR CRX
12-06-2008, 08:30 PM
The Buddy Club Spec 2 sounds horrible. Farts for a while and then just sounds like a jet engine (which I don't mind too much I suppose). Iam getting into my Integra Type S in a few weeks and being dead stock I am looking at upgrading the exhaust asap. Has anyone got any pictures of the Toda and Fujitsubo systems as I have narrowed it down to those two with Toda headers.

blommer
16-06-2008, 01:38 AM
the 5zigen pro-racer aspec exhaust is the way to go man... crisp on the sound. when its pushed.. boy it grants.. great exhaust for any honda enthusiasts. best of all, u dun have to pay such a hefty price for it. comparing to kakimoto & fujitsubo, it's the same quality and with a lower price tag.
i deal with honda cars almost everyday and for every reason., from price to quality.. 5zigen pro-racer series is the best for the top-end category.

PM me if u r interested in one.

Stinger13
25-06-2008, 08:13 PM
anyone know of hks traders/sellers on here? Its now it or the powergetter with toda and injen. Thoughts guys? Also...which is dearer and by approx how much. Hi-power or Powergetter?

jugbugz
26-06-2008, 01:27 AM
I think custom is the best. You can get the sound you want by adding as many straight through resonators you want to get the right note.

K20A DC5
26-06-2008, 02:20 AM
I think custom is the best. You can get the sound you want by adding as many straight through resonators you want to get the right note.

True

The note you receive is due largely to the muffler, and or the resonator, the resonator works with the muffler to cancel out sound waves and is a large factor in note.

no cat usually just gives a louder bark and mostly sounds horrid on an NA car.

I dont know bugger all about the specifics of a DC5 exhaust, but if i were to take a pot at it id say a good spiral resonator, a high flow cat..and then the muffler to give the note...

Ive played around with mufflers abit...i dont think there is massive differences..i think mostly it would be due to the headers and the change in exhaust pulse up front.

It is a bit of a science..especially with NA cars..I think a good NA muffler (not a 3 inch straight through turbo muffler) should sound good. i remember reading a while ago that a quality designed straight through baffle in a muffler is successfull in cancelling out high frequencies and delivers mostly low frequency notes.

Resonators are important to give a deep crisp note, without them it becomes raspy and buzzes horribly, especially between gears.

And as for stainless VS mild steel..well

Let me just say, the thinner it is, the less noise comes out the tailpie and the more resonates ou through the wall of the pipe underneath the car.
Check the thickness of the pipes next time your at an exhaust shop.

What does interest me is the potential to go backwards by modifying the exhaust.Could this occur by just fitting a cat back on a DC5?, youd think the minimal change in backpressure would be advantageous.

kongfu
26-06-2008, 03:46 AM
1. Full TODA 3k

2. Full Mugen about 4k

3. Full Js racing about 3k