PDA

View Full Version : DC4 Dash Cluster Removal

integra95
26-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Ive done a search to see if i can find a DIY removal of a DC2/4 dash cluster and came up with nothing. Has anyone removed their DC clusters before and can provide me with some steps? or a DIY link with pictures? It is time consuming/hard???

cheers peeps

dudeling7
26-03-2008, 08:10 AM
here is a quick rough guide man;

1. remove the two phillips screws on the upper inside bezel.

2. to remove the bezel pull out the bottom part first then swivel the top out. may need some force, the first time you do it its tight.

3. once off there are 4 screws i think holding the actual cluster in, remove all of them.

4. pull out the cluster as far as it can go then unclip the sockets that are plugged into the back. they are held on by clips (press and pull) there should be three of them i think. then thats it.

integra95
26-03-2008, 08:44 AM
too easy thanks man, you've obviously done it before, take you long???? Has anyone got any step by step pics?

blueintegraboy
26-03-2008, 10:13 AM
It really is simple. There is only 5 screws total.

As mentioned..

1. Two top phillips screws on the dash bezel.
2. Pull the dash bezel from the bottom first, the whole piece will come out.
3. Cluster is held in by 3 brass screws, one of the top, and one of each of the sides of the cluster.

dudeling7
26-03-2008, 10:50 AM
yeh done it a few times lol! but yeh it is easy and takes maybe 2 mins if you done it before :)

integra95
29-03-2008, 10:44 AM
i followed the steps and it took me about 10min ( i was being careful ) and there were 3 clips that i uncliped, then there was a brown round thing that wouldnt pull out. Does anyone know how to get it out? this is in regards to the back of the cluster

I have a new cluster ready to put in with too many k's on it tho, is it easy to wind back to what i had on my original cluster??? steps?

blueintegraboy
29-03-2008, 06:38 PM
i followed the steps and it took me about 10min ( i was being careful ) and there were 3 clips that i uncliped, then there was a brown round thing that wouldnt pull out. Does anyone know how to get it out? this is in regards to the back of the cluster

I have a new cluster ready to put in with too many k's on it tho, is it easy to wind back to what i had on my original cluster??? steps?

Odometer will be more difficult to change. For the brown clip, grab your cluster harness near the clip and twist and pull.

I know on newer Integra odometers, there's a plastic piece that prevents you from changing it without removing the needles. Older ones you can remove a metal pin out a little and change the dials on the odometer.