PDA

View Full Version : my civic build up whatdo you guys think

WANKFACTR
26-03-2008, 12:00 PM
ok this thread is more for feed back rather then poeple telling me what i dont wrong or what i need.

ok for a while now i have been building my 1998 civic cxi hatch. had car for round the 4-5 year mark been off the road for 3 years. i was going to do the dohc v-tec conversion but it has been done so often. so instead made a phone call to my family in the us. they gave me some ideas about what they were doing to there civics and so i went down that path. i have bored out my d16y4 block 20tho. put scat forged rods in and got a set of pistons from the us. full bearing kit. and rebalanced the block. then i got a sohc vtec head. bolted in some crower valve springs a cam and adjustable cam gear. then put a ems stinger and rb20det fuel pump. ran it on dyno and pulled 110hpatw. was happy for bout 2 days then decided to pull it part and put low compression pistons in ordered from the us again. and throw a turbo on it with rx7 series 6 injectors. running 10psi (still yet to run it on dyno or tune as not finished with the motor build up.

ok so thats my motor side of things next was the exterior i got a feels rear lip and buddy club side skirts. then i went with a r34 style front bar with cwest lip for the front end. carbon fibre bonnet ek4 mid wing. and painted in the new ve commodore green. looks mint. i got a set of angle eye headlights. carbon side mirrors and carbon rear lights. when finished should look sweet. i also have done the 99-00 face lift on the front end. and a set of 18x8 advanti vienas

i am making my way to the interior but as yet havent done alot with that. i will be retrimming it all when i figure out what i want this to look like. i have done all the work myself and am very happy. i will not be posting pictures till its finished as i dont like what it looks like atm all multicolured and looks like something that you get from the wrecking yard. but its a work in progress. there is two photos of the car on my myspace page. one is what it was like the day before i took it off the road and the other is a photo of front bar.. the link to those pictures are

http://www.myspace.com/this_is_my_space_now

lets us know wat you think of my build so far

Robert
(wankfactr)

aznpsuazn
26-03-2008, 10:09 PM
My best advice i can give, choose your cosmetic mods very carefully. Lots of people like to "personalise" their car with outrageous crap, it looks pathetic, you attract poor attention, and when you sell your car, well you cant.

So, keep it simple, clean, and attention to detail.

Jord
26-03-2008, 10:16 PM
no pics there :S

WANKFACTR
27-03-2008, 12:44 PM
the pics are in the my photos album. theres only two pics of it tho