PDA

View Full Version : Whereis Navigation V14 Speed Camera Alerts

mmmsxc
26-03-2008, 06:20 PM
hi guys. i have recently updated my sat nav to v14. i was on the whereis website having a look at the additional roads they have included in v14, including school zones and also red light and speed cameras. im certain that with the portable navigations it will give you a reminder just before you approach any camera, giving you like a 30 second warning to slow down. just wondering if anyone knows how to set this feature on the euro's. thanks.

Mike Star
27-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I have upgraded to Version 14 and am just starting to explore the improvements over Ver 13. I will do a search on Where Is for any additional features or information data sets that may be included and post what I find.

When I went to Ver 13 from Ver 12 one immediately obvious improvement was the inclusion of the M7 a road that I use a lot. On ver 12 it was just red lines as a proposal. I would suspect that Ver 14 will now have the Lane Cove Tunnel as a defined road in a similar fashion.

Any one else out there who has recently got Ver 14 in a new car or upgraded themselves please add your comments to this thread re improvements or other changes you have found.

mmmsxc
28-03-2008, 02:04 PM
anyone of you guys on the forum have any idea?

SPQR
29-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Depriving the State of revenue is an offence in most States. You should all willingly contribute to general revenue to make yourselves feel better. You should all self-flagellate for the public good and proclaim your proclivity to speed as a very-very naughty failing that you are trying to overcome.

Merlin086
29-03-2008, 08:12 AM
^^..WTF..lol

SPQR
29-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Depriving the State of revenue is an offence in most States. You should all willingly contribute to general revenue to make yourselves feel better. You should all self-flagellate for the public good and proclaim your proclivity to speed as a very-very naughty failing that you are trying to overcome.

Did I really say that? I must have been in a brainwashed trance!

Exar Kun
29-03-2008, 02:59 PM
hi guys. i have recently updated my sat nav to v14. i was on the whereis website having a look at the additional roads they have included in v14, including school zones and also red light and speed cameras. im certain that with the portable navigations it will give you a reminder just before you approach any camera, giving you like a 30 second warning to slow down. just wondering if anyone knows how to set this feature on the euro's. thanks.

I haven't noticed any speed or red light camera warnings. Maybe it's hardware dependent? Or maybe Honda chose not to include those features.

johnprocter
29-03-2008, 06:40 PM
my tomtom warns me.. btw on the topic of fixed speed cameras... how much over do u normally have to be before it takes a photo? 5km or 10?

drftr
31-03-2008, 01:31 PM
my tomtom warns me.. btw on the topic of fixed speed cameras... how much over do u normally have to be before it takes a photo? 5km or 10?

i always thought it was 10% over the limit

aaronng
31-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Sometimes the software has to support the feature. If you have software that isn't programmed to give you warnings, but you have maps that include those warnings, then you don't get the benefits....

dyljoy
31-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I got my Navi V14 from my new accord, but it doesn't show any traffic light sign or speed camera as well, but it does from my tomtom one which as update ur POI. I want to know honda one can show or update such sign on the map as well, but i think it donesn't...

SPQR
31-03-2008, 07:09 PM
i always thought it was 10% over the limit

Not necessarily. It varies in each state. Victoria is infamous for very low tolerances and so is South Australia.

mmmsxc
01-04-2008, 06:00 PM
in victoria its 3km/h

pjreige
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I have spoken to both Whereis and Honda about this. Whereis says the function is there on v13 and v14 for camera alerts and school zones etc. Honda have told me though that the functionality on the in built sat nav systems is disabled. Bit disappointing...

mmmsxc
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
thats crap. they charge us like double the price because they put their dealerships in there, and on top we lose features!!!

pjreige
05-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Which I guess raises the question: can it be enabled?
From what they told me it cannot be re-enabled through Honda. Im sure there would have to be a way to wipe it/flash it and run a standard (non Honda) build however, not too sure i would play around too much with it considering all the radio and a/c controls are within the system.

abarkho
28-03-2009, 12:19 AM
hi guys. i have recently updated my sat nav to v14. i was on the whereis website having a look at the additional roads they have included in v14, including school zones and also red light and speed cameras. im certain that with the portable navigations it will give you a reminder just before you approach any camera, giving you like a 30 second warning to slow down. just wondering if anyone knows how to set this feature on the euro's. thanks.hi mmmsxc, can you tell me how you upgraded to version 14, as i have the honda euro luxury with version 13, and what is the cost, and where to recieve this, thanx. albert.

bIpman
28-03-2009, 06:10 AM
From what they told me it cannot be re-enabled through Honda.

That is a disappointment but expected though.

Im sure there would have to be a way to wipe it/flash it and run a standard (non Honda) build however, not too sure i would play around too much with it considering all the radio and a/c controls are within the system.

Likewise, not quite willing to take on somehwat of a risk.

mattd
17-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Is it possible to download the updated software and manually burn a DVD etc with v14? I spoke to my Honda dealer and they quoted like $330 for the updated maps. I told them I could buy a new TomTom for that much! Thanks guys.

1six8
17-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Is it possible to purchase one from the powerdby.whereis.com website?

The v15 is already out.

Wonder if that will work instead of getting from dealer?

JaBriX
23-04-2009, 09:10 AM
guys,

slightly off topic here.

Can you upgrade from v12 straight to v14? or do you have to do it in sequence?

Kodak
23-04-2009, 11:42 AM
You can upgrade from V12 to V14, but it has to be the correct disc from honda for your model. The honda disc includes all the software updates for your navigation system and will update automatically as soon as you put it in. You can copy the DVD for back up purposes if you wish and it will work fine.

rodericb
27-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I've read on an electronics forum (www.austech.org) of people updating their Subaru satnav with Toyota v14 disk from Whereis. Could we cook up a old Honda v12 disk with the v14 maps from Toyota or Subaru???