PDA

View Full Version : Cool there is a Jazz forum!!

supatt
03-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Wow...its so good to have a local Jazz forum..just found it today...have been checking out the singapore jazz forum.....www.shc-forum.com
it is pretty good too...
so anyone...from adelaide...here?....
i was wondering if anyone has DIYed their air intake..and what results have they got from it....
also what is better...?.....suspension or exhaust?...which first?.
thanks!!

FIT
03-09-2004, 09:02 PM
i reckon suspension should be the first since performance in a jazz is limited

Jus-10
03-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey supatt, good to see another recruit...

As for the exhaust or suspension question, I would tend to go the suspension route. Lowereing the centre of gravity on the Jazz does wonders for the performance. That said, I have a relatively full-on setup at the moment (read not cheap) - pretty full-on as far as the Jazz goes anyway..

I did have a Buddy Club exhaust on it briefly and noticed some decent top end gains, but the bottom end was crap. A quality 2inch mandrel catback system would give some minor, but still noticeable gains.

I haven't done too much DIY on the airbox but I have a fair idea as to what I would do to it if I was using it. I'm running an A'pexi intake with heat shield and about to get around to installing a custom cold air feed. The A'pexi gave noticeable gains although it can be slightly less-responsive down low when compared to the factory box.

Hope that helps a bit....

J

Toby
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I would do suspension before an exaust system :thumbsup:

supatt
04-09-2004, 01:16 PM
thanks guys for the warm welcome and all advice take....SUSPENSION 1st!!....
now what suspension can i get?....i noticed...that the jazz is a little problematic when cornering..... possibly due to the electronic steering...is there anyway to overcome this...problem is that when i corner...it doesnt feel like it wants to turn...then it feels like it turns too...much..i am not quite sure how to explain the feeling...though..hehe....
also are there sway bars and strut braces available for the Jazz?
thanks!

petrovski
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
hey supatt,

if you're goin to do suspension tein superwagons are the way to go from
jus-10's response!

spoon has the front strut and front lower stut

and j's racing has the rear struts.

as for swaybars no idea yet

Pete :)

FIT
04-09-2004, 01:49 PM
front strut and lower front bars are available in the jazz ask thangy. but make sure you get the full suspension setup first before otherwise you wont notice much different getting both front bars, no rear sway bar are available for sale at the moment..
If you want suspension make sure you get the adjustable ones, this way you can probably find a perfect hieght you want for the jazz. go for tein-superwagon.. Jus-10 is using at the moment or if you can get a tanabe sustec pro adjust nf for the jazz, i think you need to import it from japan not sure if anyone can get it here..

supatt
05-09-2004, 11:23 AM
thanks for all the advice..!!....

Jus-10
06-09-2004, 11:52 AM
If you want to get anything from Japan, just PM Tanghy and he will be able to get a good price. Just do a bit of web browsing and find the part numbers. It will make things a lot quicker and easier for Tanghy.

As far as suspension goes, what are you looking at? Springs; spring and shock combo; coilovers?

Price is usually the biggest factor, but as far as springs and oilovers go, all the big Jap brands offer products for the Fit.

Let me know if there is anything or any particular brand that you are after.

TypeG
06-09-2004, 07:13 PM
i suggest kg/mm springs as many ppl highly recommend this and this price is around $450 marked. With a set of shocker and good tyres will be more than enough I reckon.
For the Wagon coilover from TEIN, I read some review from magazine on it and isnt that great compare to the price tho.

Jus-10
07-09-2004, 10:21 AM
The standard Wagons are pretty average yes, but they are an entry level coilover and at $1600 (Oz price) they aren't really expensive for coilovers. They are just way too soft.

The Super Wagons are different in that they have dampening adjustment but even at $1900 they are no where near the top end of the market, and are quite reasonably priced.

Tyres are now my biggest problem by a long shot...

supatt
07-09-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah.... money is a factor when deciding...i was thinking of just changing springs first...

TypeG
07-09-2004, 04:53 PM
i am talking about SUper Wagon. It being compare with koni shocker with kg/mm springs and super wagon is not really as good. If u looking for springs, go kg/mm. I am going to order one to go with my shockers.
For tyres, i have ordered some G3 tyres 205/50 to put on my mugen 15' which will be just nice i hope.

Jus-10
07-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Do you have the articles or links to them?

I wouldn't mind checking them out.

I guess it depends on the rates of the springs, however I didn't notice any real significant difference when shopping around and deciding whether to go the coils or the spring and shock combo. As for the shocks, there wouldn't be too much difference as the TEINs offer more adjustment points than the Konis.

I guess it would just take more adjustment of the TEINs being height adjustable and all. There is more room for error. I know my current setup is bordering on terrible for the road/everyday driving, but it would be awesome on the track (with decent tyres).

Springs alone (or with shocks) just don't lower the car enough to have major advantage as they tend to lower the ride no more than about 30-35mm at the most. The centre of gravity is the biggest enemy the Jazz has as far as handling goes...

TypeG
08-09-2004, 11:56 PM
i dun have the article here and as well they are in chinese. I will try to find it.
Yeah for shock + springs combo, they dun have so much adjustment points but very honestly, i never adjust any of my shocker in my previous ride plus 30-35mm will just make the car low enough to perform and look good since a slamp jazz wont make it handle any good imo.
What i want to point out is get get the shockers and good springs and put the price different to invest in some G3 tyres like me LOL.
As long as the shockers and springs come and spoon tower bar installed, i will make a review on them since the road in my area suck.
Also i am in sdyney for few days and sdyney road is honest far better than Melbourne.

Jus-10
09-09-2004, 09:49 AM
I get what you're saying...you should come for a spin in mine while you're up here. Might change your tune....hehe.

You serious Sydney roads are better than Melbourne? OK we don't have tram tracks and all, but that must make Melbourne roads absolutely terrible!

TypeG
09-09-2004, 11:42 AM
lol
ppl got TEIN do not recommand me to go for that.
moreover , I just want to lower the car about 40mm but using only springs will damage the shocker which I dun want so I get some shocker
lol

yeah Melb road suck
while i am driving my itr, i dun even want to drive sometimes......